Places With Free Wifi For Customers

emh1969

I did a search and found several posts that focused on WiFi spots but none that focused specifically on places that provide it for free for customers (recognizing that the cost is probably built into the price of food or drinks). So I thought I'd start one. I haven't been here long enough to have an extensive list so I'd appreciate other people adding to the list:

Kona Cafe (in the Old City, across from the Irish Pub)

Kafe (1985) - On Moon Muang, between Soi 4 and Soi 5

Taste from Heaven - 237-239 Tha Pae

a good topic.

shouldnt we have something like a listing / directory for the ENTIRE country ?

so TV-members can add places from their OWN experience, where WIFI is available for free and ACTUALLY WORKING.

and get this topic PINNED by the MODs in the Computer-section.....

that would be something extremely helpful

I did a search and found several posts that focused on WiFi spots but none that focused specifically on places that provide it for free for customers (recognizing that the cost is probably built into the price of food or drinks). So I thought I'd start one. I haven't been here long enough to have an extensive list so I'd appreciate other people adding to the list:

Did you have a look at this post? http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...l=wifi+hotspots

Did you have a look at this post? http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...l=wifi+hotspots

I did but 1) it's nine months old and lots can change in that time and 2) it's hard to tell from that post what places are free and what places charge.

I can understand why a tourist may want to use free wifi in his hotel, but why would expats need it? Is there some need that eludes me to be constantly online where ever you go? I am not trying to be facetious, but I check my online stuff at home and don't need to cart a notebook around with me. Have you not got internet access at home or no one to share a coffee with and have a chat?

I can understand why a tourist may want to use free wifi in his hotel, but why would expats need it? Is there some need that eludes me to be constantly online where ever you go? I am not trying to be facetious, but I check my online stuff at home and don't need to cart a notebook around with me. Have you not got internet access at home or no one to share a coffee with and have a chat?

Some of us don't have much of a life.

JxP

Unlike you I was trying to be facetious! :o

If it helps with your social studies, I'll explain my WiFi usage. I have a 09:30 deadline on Mondays through to Fridays to produce a piece of work based upon an analysis of real time information, sometimes I like to do this over breakfast at Mad Dog after I have dropped my daughters off at school.

Sometimes it's just nice to take the laptop and do whatever I would do at home online but do it somewhere else for a change.

I'm sure others have far more exciting reasons for making use of WiFi.

JxP

Unlike you I was trying to be facetious! :o

If it helps with your social studies, I'll explain my WiFi usage. I have a 09:30 deadline on Mondays through to Fridays to produce a piece of work based upon an analysis of real time information, sometimes I like to do this over breakfast at Mad Dog after I have dropped my daughters off at school.

Sometimes it's just nice to take the laptop and do whatever I would do at home online but do it somewhere else for a change.

I'm sure others have far more exciting reasons for making use of WiFi.

JxP

Some prefer not to use WiFi in open places, they prefer to download their naughty pix and vids behind closed doors.

I did a search and found several posts that focused on WiFi spots but none that focused specifically on places that provide it for free for customers (recognizing that the cost is probably built into the price of food or drinks)...

You've understood it well so far ... But, you obviously haven't done much research. In Chiang Mai there're about a million coffeeshops, guest houses, bars, bookshops, restaurents, etc. offering free wifi. How about this one: an Internet cafe offering free coffee or tea (minimum 1 hour, paid Internet access required)... You'll find one of this special breed down on 99/4 Ratchapakinai - (be sure to mention Thaivisa.com to get that free drink - the owner is of the suspicious kind).

I did a search and found several posts that focused on WiFi spots but none that focused specifically on places that provide it for free for customers (recognizing that the cost is probably built into the price of food or drinks)...

You've understood it well so far ... But, you obviously haven't done much research. In Chiang Mai there're about a million coffeeshops, guest houses, bars, bookshops, restaurents, etc. offering free wifi. How about this one: an Internet cafe offering free coffee or tea (minimum 1 hour, paid Internet access required)... You'll find one of this special breed down on 99/4 Ratchapakinai - (be sure to mention Thaivisa.com to get that free drink - the owner is of the suspicious kind).

Now who could that be?

Always wondered where you were.

Edited by Blinky Bill

i enjoy free wi-fi because through my laptop i can show my friends webcams showing women with almost nothing on.

Almost nothing on TB? The women you showed me had nothing on. A terrible experience that I'll never forget. In fact I was having funny dreams last night all because of you, mind you, you were not the feature character in my dreams.