Jabberwocky Sailing Club Sausages

Ulysses G.

Where can we buy some?

Contact "Chef" by PM.

Thanks, I did do that a couple of days ago. Im sure he will reply soon but was just wondering if they were sold anywhere else...

Sorry - seem to have had problems with the PM system. You can always email chef (at) thaivisa.com. I will be able to get back to you more easily then.

The ONLY place I am looking at supplying at present is Dacheeso, although I have a sales lady visiting various cafes and restaurants with samples. All other customers are buying direct.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But he got hold of the goods, evidently.

I am not a good cooker of sausages. I am not too shabby a cook of some foods, but sausages ain't one. Crowboy has apparently spent time perfecting the art.

I would order cooked bangers. Throw in some fresh salad, and .......... I'm hungry !

I am not a good cooker of sausages. I am not too shabby a cook of some foods, but sausages ain't one. Crowboy has apparently spent time perfecting the art.

Just follow the insructions on the wrapper and they come out perfect. :o

I would order cooked bangers. Throw in some fresh salad, and .......... I'm hungry !

He was a regular connoisseur of the sausages before he made his unfortunate move away from Chiang Mai.

The sausages are EEeeeasy to cook.

Take a pan with a touch of oil, 1/2cm or less.

Place the sausages into it then put on your cooker at the lowest possible heat setting.

Open a beer.

Sit back and relax. Enjoy the quiet sizzle.

After a few minutes, gently turn the sausages over. Make sure the heat is low.

Open another beer.

Sit back and relax. Continue to enjoy the quiet sizzle.

Repeat until the sausage is a gentle golden brown. If your heat was low enough, it will not have burst and will be fully cooked through to the center.

Remove from the pan and place on a warmed plate. Set aside to keep warm.

Open another beer. Wait about two to five minutes for the sausage to stabilise, for all the juices to seep gently back into the meat.

Serve as you like, depending on the variety of sausage.

Availability:

The sausages are available retail from Dacheeso. They also deliver.

Chef will supply wholesale quantities to special order. EMAIL

Availability:

The sausages are available retail from Dacheeso. They also deliver.

Chef will supply wholesale quantities to special order.

Is Decheeso a sponsor ??? are we allowed to ask for additional info on this place or will it get deleted ?? I did look and dont see a sponsorship but then again i cannot find your link either chef

After being suspended for a week by the mods i dont want to ask for information on non sponsors and risk being suspended again

I would love to try your sausages always looking for a better banger but i have never heard of decheeso nor do I know its location but if they are a sponsor please post directions

Edited by FarangCravings

De Cheeso is mostly a cheese factory, but they also do baked goods and sell other products. They are owned by Art Cafe at Thapae Gate where you can order and pick up their products. I have nothing to do with either place other than eating there a lot. :o

Is Decheeso a sponsor ??? are we allowed to ask for additional info on this place or will it get deleted ?? I did look and dont see a sponsorship but then again i cannot find your link either chef

After being suspended for a week i dont want to ask for information on non sponsors

I would love to try your sausages always looking for a better banger but i have never heard of decheeso nor do I know its location

Details, details, details.........

I think, at least I hope you are asking for details of a sponsor, ie. Where can you purchase the products. If not, I am sure the mods will put me right.

The current range of sausages are all premium, old fashioned styles of sausage with a high meat content. They are made by hand utilising the best available ingredients and only natural casings, (skins.) All sausages are made using flowers of the sea salt and contain no chemical flavours, colours or preservatives. They are chilled and individually frozen after being made and wrapped in clingfilm. The film wrapped individual sausages are then packed in approximately 450-500 gram punnets. The punnets are individually priced by net weight. Most retail at 290 Baht per Kilo, the crab and pork sausage is 390. Other sausages to follow, (duck, venison, lamb, beef etc.) will be priced differently.

When cooking, they require extra care and must be cooked over a low heat, turning occasionally until they are a gentle golden brown. Do not prick them or they will burst, as they will do if the heat is too high.

The current range include the following, (all are made from Pork unless stated otherwise:

• No.1 English sausage. A copy of an old fashioned butcher's breakfast sausage with subtle flavours of Lemon Verbena, Thyme, Sage, peppers and other herbs and spices.

• (Almost) Traditional English Lincolnshire sausage with the flavours of sage and black, white and green peppers plus other spices and herbs.

• Italian style fresh sausage made with fresh tomato, basil and garlic. (The garlic flavour is quite strong and the tomato lends a sweet and sour taste to the cooked sausage.)

• Crab meat and Pork sausage with a flavouring of coconut cream, chillies, garlic, lemon grass and other Thai spices. They are somewhat like a cross between Thai fishcakes and the Northern "Sai Ouah" sausages in flavour. I have Thai customers who buy the filling without the casings to make their own "Tod Man" fried cakes.

• Chicken sausages with coconut. (No pork.) These are flavoured with galangal, lemon grass and other Thai herbs and spices.

I also make a few dried and smoked sausages, but the drier/smoker is on the blink at present, so they are currently unavailable.

I also have a selection of pies, Steak & Kidney, Steak & Onion, Chicken & Mushroom, Steak & Mushroom, Apple etc. etc. etc. in large, family size and individual portion size. They come with a choice of pure butter short crust, flaky or a steamed crust.

Most of these sausages are not stocked in large quantities I tend to make to order, so I normally need at least a couple of day's notice to fill an order. The dried & smoked varieties will need up to 6 weeks once the machinery is fixed.

I am currently out of stock of everything but the spicy crab sausages. However I have just checked with Dacheeso and they still hold a small stock of everything.

To find Dacheeso, Leave Chiang Mai on the Hang Dong Road.

You need to turn left into the soi immediately before the large Siam Commercial Bank on the left hand side before you get to Tesco Lotus. That soi leads you into Amornvivet village.

Follow the soi until it curves to the right. Immediately afterwards there is a little soi on your left with Dacheeso factory on the left and the Hideaway restaurant/shop on the right, both are adjoining the main soi you turn in from.

The sausages are available in the Hideaway, which is the retail outlet for Dacheeso products.

Their full address is:

140/93 Moo 10 Amornvivet Village

Chiang Mai Hangdong Road

T. Padat

A. Muang

Chiang Mai 50100

Tel 053 202 257

I suggest you phone Dacheeso to reserve your sausages before you go. They are likely to run out easily.

Ihope this helps you fill a craving!

I will be selling primarily through Dacheeso from now on, apart from large trade deliveries and special orders. We are investigating opening a retail shop in a low-rent area, so the products may be easier to find later.

A quick note on pies I think CM needs some good pies as i ate a steak and kidney one at the CM saloon and my mate had the chicken mushroom the other day and it was terribly BAD, so you do have a market there that needs improving

Its a littel too far for me to go but next time I am out that way i will pick up a pack, not used to paying such a high price for a kilo but if they are as good as they say then ok.

Edited by FarangCravings

A quick note on pies I think CM needs some good pies as i ate a steak and kidney one at the CM saloon and my mate had the chicken mushroom the other day and it was terribly BAD, so you do have a market there that needs improving

Its a littel too far for me to go but next time I am out that way i will pick up a pack, not used to paying such a high price for a kilo but if they are as good as they say then ok.

weird... Could of sworn I just wrote a reply to this?!?

I think CM needs some good pies

Try the steak and kidney at the Olde Bell further up LK towards the moat. Home made states the menu and no reason to believe otherwise. Excellent content made with an equally excellent pastry.

Meant to tap this on previous post but dragged away at work..........

With 5 types of sausage already out there and more to come any chance of buying a sampler pack of say 2 or 3 sausages of each kind just to get a taste and then come back in for what appeals? Being individually wrapped maybe this isn't an issue?

Thanks

Meant to tap this on previous post but dragged away at work..........

With 5 types of sausage already out there and more to come any chance of buying a sampler pack of say 2 or 3 sausages of each kind just to get a taste and then come back in for what appeals? Being individually wrapped maybe this isn't an issue?

Thanks

Yes - Already sold out of the first batch.

We just have to prepare some more. Means stocking fully with all varieties.

Delivered Friday, Saturday and Monday. They have enough to keep 'em going for a while now.

Dacheeso do deliver if you can't get out to go and visit them.

They have told me that they are happy to deliver to Art Cafe at Thapae Gate, for you to collect there if you would find this easier.

After being suspended for a week i dont want to ask for information on non sponsors

I would love to try your sausages always looking for a better banger but i have never heard of decheeso nor do I know its location

Details, details, details.........

I think, at least I hope you are asking for details of a sponsor, ie. Where can you purchase the products. If not, I am sure the mods will put me right.

The current range of sausages are all premium, old fashioned styles of sausage with a high meat content. They are made by hand utilising the best available ingredients and only natural casings, (skins.) All sausages are made using flowers of the sea salt and contain no chemical flavours, colours or preservatives. They are chilled and individually frozen after being made and wrapped in clingfilm. The film wrapped individual sausages are then packed in approximately 450-500 gram punnets. The punnets are individually priced by net weight. Most retail at 290 Baht per Kilo, the crab and pork sausage is 390. Other sausages to follow, (duck, venison, lamb, beef etc.) will be priced differently.

When cooking, they require extra care and must be cooked over a low heat, turning occasionally until they are a gentle golden brown. Do not prick them or they will burst, as they will do if the heat is too high.

The current range include the following, (all are made from Pork unless stated otherwise:

• No.1 English sausage. A copy of an old fashioned butcher's breakfast sausage with subtle flavours of Lemon Verbena, Thyme, Sage, peppers and other herbs and spices.

• (Almost) Traditional English Lincolnshire sausage with the flavours of sage and black, white and green peppers plus other spices and herbs.

• Italian style fresh sausage made with fresh tomato, basil and garlic. (The garlic flavour is quite strong and the tomato lends a sweet and sour taste to the cooked sausage.)

• Crab meat and Pork sausage with a flavouring of coconut cream, chillies, garlic, lemon grass and other Thai spices. They are somewhat like a cross between Thai fishcakes and the Northern "Sai Ouah" sausages in flavour. I have Thai customers who buy the filling without the casings to make their own "Tod Man" fried cakes.

• Chicken sausages with coconut. (No pork.) These are flavoured with galangal, lemon grass and other Thai herbs and spices.

I also make a few dried and smoked sausages, but the drier/smoker is on the blink at present, so they are currently unavailable.

I also have a selection of pies, Steak & Kidney, Steak & Onion, Chicken & Mushroom, Steak & Mushroom, Apple etc. etc. etc. in large, family size and individual portion size. They come with a choice of pure butter short crust, flaky or a steamed crust.

Most of these sausages are not stocked in large quantities I tend to make to order, so I normally need at least a couple of day's notice to fill an order. The dried & smoked varieties will need up to 6 weeks once the machinery is fixed.

I am currently out of stock of everything but the spicy crab sausages. However I have just checked with Dacheeso and they still hold a small stock of everything.

To find Dacheeso, Leave Chiang Mai on the Hang Dong Road.

You need to turn left into the soi immediately before the large Siam Commercial Bank on the left hand side before you get to Tesco Lotus. That soi leads you into Amornvivet village.

Follow the soi until it curves to the right. Immediately afterwards there is a little soi on your left with Dacheeso factory on the left and the Hideaway restaurant/shop on the right, both are adjoining the main soi you turn in from.

The sausages are available in the Hideaway, which is the retail outlet for Dacheeso products.

Their full address is:

140/93 Moo 10 Amornvivet Village

Chiang Mai Hangdong Road

T. Padat

A. Muang

Chiang Mai 50100

Tel 053 202 257

I suggest you phone Dacheeso to reserve your sausages before you go. They are likely to run out easily.

Ihope this helps you fill a craving!

I will be selling primarily through Dacheeso from now on, apart from large trade deliveries and special orders. We are investigating opening a retail shop in a low-rent area, so the products may be easier to find later.

Do you make any spicy sausages that aren't Thai-flavoured (eg, American-style breakfast sausage, typically spicier than the British kind, ie, more black pepper and/or red chilli pepper)?

Do you make any spicy sausages that aren't Thai-flavoured (eg, American-style breakfast sausage, typically spicier than the British kind, ie, more black pepper and/or red chilli pepper)?

I make a couple of types of spicier sausage "links" that we eat at home. I have also been experimenting with chorizo and a Cajun style andoullie sausage, but I need to replace some plant before I can market them. My current drier and smoker are not sufficiently accurately controlled

My wife cooks the spicy sausage meat in patties like Tod Man. I suppose that is similar to the American breakfast sausage patty. I am investigating marketing them, but Dacheeso is a bit overwhelmed already, so it might be a couple of weeks before I can make them generally more available... Unless somebody else out there fancies stocking Jabber sausages?

My wife cooks the spicy sausage meat in patties like Tod Man. I suppose that is similar to the American breakfast sausage patty. I am investigating marketing them, but Dacheeso is a bit overwhelmed already, so it might be a couple of weeks before I can make them generally more available... Unless somebody else out there fancies stocking Jabber sausages?

I'm with sabaijai on those sausage types also. :o Will plan a trip to Dacheeso now that I have the directions.

:o Will plan a trip to Dacheeso now that I have the directions.

Worth a visit and Hideaway resturant is also very friendly. Nice for lunch, especially if you like Mexican/Italian food.

Jabber English #1 sausage very good indeed - will be back for more. :D

For those that want a taste of the most excellent Jabberwocky Sailing Club sausages both the lincolnshire and tomato, garlic and basil varieties will be featuring, along with mash and onion gravy, on this weeks Tuskers BBQ Chewsday menu.

We will also be serving all the regular favourites - ribs, chicken, BBQ beans, coleslaw and salads. 200 baht all u can eat buffet from 7pm. :o

Booking is advised - PM me or contact through the Tuskers website

Long delay between posts.

I have been relocated to Pattaya which is fine but has a significant drawback - no Jabbawhatever sausages here. Not sure if I can get some sent down on the CM-Pattaya bus but would be happy if they could.

CB

Long delay between posts.

I have been relocated to Pattaya which is fine but has a significant drawback - no Jabbawhatever sausages here. Not sure if I can get some sent down on the CM-Pattaya bus but would be happy if they could.

CB

Very happy to put some on the bus for you. Just need to find a supply of dry ice to keep them chilled. (Anybody know of a supplier?)

What variety(ies) do you want? The new, All American style Spicy Sage Breakfast Sausage, (like a burger) and Links, (like normal sausages) are now developed. Hopefully they are similar to the Jimmy Dean sausage that seems so popular with generations of Americans.

CB

Surely crow boy you can find great english sausages in pattaya lots of my friends that live there say they can get english breakfasts identical to back home due to the large Brit population there.

To go to the effort of getting jabber sausages put on a bus to there seems like sending sand to the beach surely

CB

Surely crow boy you can find great english sausages in pattaya lots of my friends that live there say they can get english breakfasts identical to back home due to the large Brit population there.

To go to the effort of getting jabber sausages put on a bus to there seems like sending sand to the beach surely

You are correct re the effort required. I would most likely try to put up a decent order to make it worth the effort and cost else not bother.

The only sausages in Pattaya that I tasted that may have been up to Jabberwocky's standard were Yorkies. The rest were not very inspiring. :o

UG you are correct, there are plenty of places that offer "English" sausages but they tend to be tasteless. The Yorkie ones are much better. After my post I thought about getting an order of the Chef's also excellent meat pies and some sausages sent down here. I bought a pie at the Jack Tar bar in soi 6 which is a great place for inspired people watching but I couldn't eat it.

Anyone heading this way from CM soon?

CB

The only sausages in Pattaya that I tasted that may have been up to Jabberwocky's standard were Yorkies. The rest were not very inspiring. :o

Not being funny UG but you are not english correct ??? so how do you know what constitutes a good english banger ??? yorkies is OK but not the real thing have not had the chance of tasting a Jabberwoky as yet and will certainly post my experience once I do

not sure where crow boy is from

P.S I will be heading down that way around 13th july Cboy happy to deliver

Edited by FarangCravings