Fitness Centers Near Pratunam?

girlx

looking for a decent gym near pratunam area, preferably with classes, sauna, etc. in addition to circuit training machines. anyone know of one? price?

there's a nice (but not overly large) California WOW at Siam Paragon malll..... for shy girls, there's a separate "ladies only" work-out zone.... but ladies are more than welcome to workout at the general areas..... LOTs of classes (step, body combat, etc.), spinning sessions and separate fee yoga classes....

there's also a large True Fitness above Zen Central World..... (the fee quoted to me for a Black Card (use of all clubs in Asia, all facilities and all classes (incl. yoga) and use of private lounges, locker areas, etc.) was B80K for 7 years)... has anyone obtained a better quote recently? (I heard that they offerred B40K for lifetime back when they first opened the Asoke branch, but that offer is over?)...

There is/was one near Pratunam close to the old Big C building (now HiFi center), near the canal across the bridge from the famous Khao Man Gai restaurant. I think it's called World Club. My mom used to be a member there for years but I'm not so sure if it's still open as she now goes to different fitness.

EDIT: quick search turned up this link but I can't really tell from its address if this is the one in Pratunam I remember. Maybe they moved. You might just call them up.

http://application.depthai.go.th:81/trades...t.asp?id=207011

Edited by Nordlys

There's a new (approx 18 months old) gym right by Phaya Thai BTS station on the corner of Soi Kolit, I think it's Exit 2 which can take you there. Can't remember exact prices, but I'm pretty sure it's not at California Wow, Fitness First, etc. levels. But, still, it's not cheap.

The Asia Hotel (walkway connects to it from Ratchathewi BTS station) also has a cheap and not bad gym in it, will probably be fine unless you want real state of the art equipment.

The True Fitness at Zen @ Central world is really nice. It open Dec2007 so it is still new and all the equipment are in excellent condition.

A variety of classes, sauna, spa etc.

Music isnt too loud and they dont play hip hop :o

I was told if I sign for 30months, its B800 a month.

The True Fitness at Zen @ Central world is really nice. It open Dec2007 so it is still new and all the equipment are in excellent condition.

A variety of classes, sauna, spa etc.

Music isnt too loud and they dont play hip hop :o

I was told if I sign for 30months, its B800 a month.

Is that only for work-outs at the Zen branch? (or does it also include the Asoke branch and the upcoming Silom branch or any other Aisa branches?)

• 2 weeks later...
There's a new (approx 18 months old) gym right by Phaya Thai BTS station on the corner of Soi Kolit, I think it's Exit 2 which can take you there. Can't remember exact prices, but I'm pretty sure it's not at California Wow, Fitness First, etc. levels. But, still, it's not cheap.

I think it is called Now- I went in to ask about it and it is 2500b/mo + extra for classes.

I think it is called Now- I went in to ask about it and it is 2500b/mo + extra for classes.

Oops - sorry you were misled! I think it was a lot cheaper when I was living in the area, although having said that it did open while I was there so I could have been offered some opening promotional deals.

The gym at Patumwan princess is pretty good. I like it because it has a 25m salt water pool, one of the better palces to swim in BKK. Gym facilities are good too.

Is that the place which has an approx. 1km long running track too?

california wow is not bad. I helped a friend get a membership there. 39,000 baht for an 8 year "diamond" membership. includes entry into ANY california fitness gym in thailand and around the world. AND any associated 24 hour fitness gym around the world.

the membership also allows my friend access to the yoga classes at no extra cost.

PLUS - after his 8 year membership is up, he can renew each additional year at 100 baht PER year.

it's a deal.

PS. I don't work for the club.

Since there is already a thread going about Cali Wow prices, and it may be of help to you too girlx...

I have 1 year + 1 year option to renew at 2,000 baht contract with them which I have to renew in August at the Asoke branch. They have approached me many times about a lifetime membership upgrade for a small sum which always give me a bad feeling that they are desperate for cash and may be trying to hit up their existing customers before they go out of business, so I've never bothered. I also hate the fact that the music they play is very bad and very loud, meaning I have to turn up my ipod volume way too loud to drown it out, but continuing with them is probably the best deal I can get at the moment.

Has anyone recently signed a long term contract with them for a good price? I'll probably look into upgrading to use any of their branches as I'm moving around a bit at the moment, but that depends on how much they want.

The gym at Patumwan princess is pretty good. I like it because it has a 25m salt water pool, one of the better palces to swim in BKK. Gym facilities are good too.

hm sounds good- do you know the monthly rate there? do they have yoga classes?

also does anyone know anything about the fitness center inside the century park hotel? heard it was nice.

Edited by girlx

hm sounds good- do you know the monthly rate there? do they have yoga classes?

probably looking at least 30K per year pro-rata. There are discounts going at different times, and they have off peak rates as well.

From memory, I beleive if you have Kasikorn bank visa electron card you'll get a good discount there.

They have the works, including yoga - but as per your other thread, probably not the full on yoga you are looking for and I think there is a small suplment to go to those classes.

And to the other poster - yes, there is a runnig track on top...

thanks for the info, may try that place though it is expensive too!... but has anyone been to a Clark Hatch fitness center before? Apparently there is one in the Amari Watergate hotel and one in the Century Park hotel, both in the area i want- any feedback on either?

• 2 years later...