Need Some Advice From You Wise Ones Please.

I thought I knew the answer but I might well not. Here is the scenario and thanks.

I got my first retirement visa on 7th August 2006 and they back dated the start date to coincide with my previous Non Im 0 Visa that expired on 15th July 07.

Therefore my first retirement visa was valid to 15th July 2007.

Then I renewed it on 28th June 07 and they forward dated the allowed to stay date until 15th July 08 yet again.

I just got a new Brit passport yesterday because my old one was full so trying to keep lilly white I popped up to immigration Jomtien at 8.30 am this morning to get them to transfer my stamps over as I am leaving for 10 days in Vietnam on the 15th June.

No problems at all this morning at immigration and my girl went there this afternoon to pick up my passport. The stamps had been transfered with the allowed to stay date still 15th July 08 so all if fine to this point.

However the immigration guy asked my girl why I was not renewing my retirement visa now instead of bothering with stamps being transfered. Basically the reason was lack of time as my passport has just now gone to the Vietnamese embassy for my visa but I have just had a nasty thought.

When I arrive back from Vietnam it will be Friday 27th June in the evening. If they take the expiry date as 28th June (the date I renewed last year) then I might not be able to get anything other than a visitor visa and mess up my retirement status which would not be good. I do have a multiple entry visa so can come and go as I want.

Hopefully someone here will say that I will get stamped back into Thailand with a permitted to stay until date of 15th July 2008 and still have a couple of weeks left to renew my 1 year OA visa again. What are your thoughts guys please?

Edited by hilly

You must obtain a re-entry permit prior to travel. That date will be July 15, as are your newly transferred stamps; and that date will be entered into your passport when you return. You should plan to renew shortly after your return.

FYI: you do not have an OA visa. You have a one year extension of stay from Immigration.

You must obtain a re-entry permit prior to travel. That date will be July 15, as are your newly transferred stamps; and that date will be entered into your passport when you return. You should plan to renew shortly after your return.

FYI: you do not have an OA visa. You have a one year extension of stay from Immigration.

Thanks and a good start.

As I said above I have a Multi Entry Stamp also issued on the 28th June 2007 and it says it is valid until the 15th July 2008 so dont see why I need a re-entry permit????

Edited by hilly

Actually you did not mention any re-entry permit or dates - what you said, and I missed, is "I do have a multiple entry visa so can come and go as I want." So you were talking about a re-entry permit. Was it transferred into your new passport? Be very sure before you travel.

Actually you did not mention any re-entry permit or dates - what you said, and I missed, is "I do have a multiple entry visa so can come and go as I want." So you were talking about a re-entry permit. Was it transferred into your new passport? Be very sure before you travel.

Yes it is there thanks.

Seeing that you are relatively new here, Hilly, I should have added that when Lopburi gives information on visas and extensions you can be sure that it is correct and does not need confirmation by others. Knowing this is the reason why other members do not normally pipe in after Lopburi has answered a query.

--

Maestro

Except when he is wrong and being mortal that does happen so whenever there is any doubt please do double or triple question - so many things change so often and for seeming unknown reasons that the best chance of it being right is probably the number of people saying it and then the posting history. And as with most things go with the flow and try not to let small things take on more significance than they deserve.

Seeing that you are relatively new here, Hilly, I should have added that when Lopburi gives information on visas and extensions you can be sure that it is correct and does not need confirmation by others. Knowing this is the reason why other members do not normally pipe in after Lopburi has answered a query.

--

Maestro

Thanks and been here on Thaivisa a few years and living in LOS many more years so I know how things change. I do appreciate the advices and will let you know how it goes which no doubt will be exactly as advised.