Movies You Just Watched

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lord of The Rings Trilogy - better than the books IMHO.
I saw one of those movies where I was the only person to buy a ticket for the 11pm show - the whole staff had to remain until the finish - was I less than popular - also fell asleep during the show.

(true of many films except Harry Potter, railway Children, James Bond etc - perhaps we can start a thread about which films actually came up to expectations where you had read the book first ! )

Lord of The Rings Trilogy - better than the books IMHO.

I disagree with that , the movies were spectacular , no doubt about that ,

but the problem is with such good novels , the movies cannot surpass it ,

most times its the different way around .

Made of honor...... it's a wonderful hilarious movie abt a lad who took the relation with his best friend for granted till the day she left for Scotland and came back with her future groom ...... :o

In Bruges - Brilliant. Funny and dark. The best thing Colin Farrell has been in but thats not saying much!

Hellboy II - Good film. Great special effects. Luke Goss once again plays a baddie very well (pretty sure he was in Blade II as well).

Baise Moi - Thelma and Louise but with real penetration. Thought it was a bit s**te to be honest.

The Wind that Shakes the Barley - Great stuff. Set in 1920's Ireland, workers rebelling against the British who are blocking Ireland's fight for independence. Cillian Murphy stars in it. Very good actor.

I watched three movies over the last few days.

First, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang....not that good, trying to hard to be a Guy Richie movie.

Second, Crank....kind fun but lacking in any real thought, which I know isn't the point, but it was too simple and too chessy.

Last, Toyko Godfathers, a very charming aniime about three homeless people finding an abandoned baby.

Blood Diamond: a great movie that me and my sons were crying throughout the three times we had watched it (until now) :D

Agreed zaza! :o Blood Diamond was a great movie and so sad.

1) 'Once' - an Irish film on DVD - touching and poignant film with unusual story and FAB Irish music!!!

2) 'The Kite Runner' - set in Afghanistan and a real eye opener. REALLY recommend. A couple of parts will have you turning away as so very sad, however you can imagine how these things DO go on. Very interesting and informative, I'm not sure if it is autobiographical...? It made me go and buy the book in the bookstore too. Author is Khalid Hussein (sp?).

Watched the new Batman movie last night at the IMAX cinema at Siam Paragon

Best film I've seen all year by far

If you have not seen it yet I can't recommend IMAX enough - they shot 20 minutes of the movie in IMAX and when it switches to true IMAX it is amazing

Concur, the IMAX presentation is stunning, the true IMAX sequences play full screen, and include the major action elements.

If you've seen it already and are thinking of seeing it again the IMAX way is worth it. I may be wrong but I think they expanded the IMAX shoot to nearly 30 minutes.

It's a great ensemble piece, not just Ledger.

Regards

IMAX behind the scenes link

Edited by A_Traveller