Detailed City Map For Mueang Chiang Rai?

Zephyr750C

Hey guys,

Does anyone know where to find a detailed city map for Mueang Chiang Rai? (If that fenomena exist, detailed maps doesn't seems to be the no. 1 priority in Thailand :o ...)

Thank you very much, I've already tried Google Maps :D , but I'm looking for more details like "Soi 6" (side street no. 6?) and not just Highway 1211...

Looking forward to some seriuos answers (Hey you "funny" guys, there must be some other topics that you can waste yours and others time with silly comments :D ...)

Just kidding, any answer will be recieved with great gratitude...But the serious ones with will be treated with more respect :D ...

Take care and have a nice day you all.

I've had several tries at finding decent local maps but there's not really much around.

A search of the stationers and news agents around the market area may be productive. Of course most of those will be printed in Thai.

Could be a possible project for a group of bored local expats. Mapping Chiang Rai!

Within CR booksellers and many other shops do sell quite good maps in Thai & English. I had to buy one when I 'lost' the shop that I needed to return to - we found it with the map as the configuration of the roads was quite unique as easy to see on the map. If you are in Pattaya/Bangkok many book shops and some 7-11s will carry maps, although I do not know the quaility. If you are outside Thailand I suggest Amazon or similar.

HTH

A few years ago I bought "Map of CHIANG RAI" published by PN MAP for 90 baht at the book store on the first level of Big C. By far the best one I own, it's got the city on one side and the province on the other. I'm pretty sure it's still for sale.

I've had several tries at finding decent local maps but there's not really much around.

A search of the stationers and news agents around the market area may be productive. Of course most of those will be printed in Thai.

Could be a possible project for a group of bored local expats. Mapping Chiang Rai!

Thanks, I'll have a look around the market area next time I'm in Chiang Rai.

And mapping Chiang Rai sounds like a great project for bored local expats as an alternative to just sit and sipping beer at the Old Dutch :o ...

Try the ThinkNet CD-ROM map for Chiang Mai (it also covers Chiang Rai, Mae Hong Son, Lamphun, and Lampang provinces). Detail down to the soi level for the entire province.

Thank you very much, I'll have a look at the ThinkNet CD-ROM. Sounds like a good hint. Take care.

A few years ago I bought "Map of CHIANG RAI" published by PN MAP for 90 baht at the book store on the first level of Big C. By far the best one I own, it's got the city on one side and the province on the other. I'm pretty sure it's still for sale.

Hi! Thank you a lot, I'll have a look at Big C next time I'm in Chiang Rai (July). Sounds very interesting. Have a nice day, take care.

Within CR booksellers and many other shops do sell quite good maps in Thai & English. I had to buy one when I 'lost' the shop that I needed to return to - we found it with the map as the configuration of the roads was quite unique as easy to see on the map. If you are in Pattaya/Bangkok many book shops and some 7-11s will carry maps, although I do not know the quaility. If you are outside Thailand I suggest Amazon or similar.

HTH

Hi, thanks for the hint, I saw a bookstore in CR and I'll check it out next time I'm in CR. Meanwhile I'll have a look on Amazon. Best regards.