Uk Settlement Visa Question

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me.

My wife and I are preparing the documents needed for a uk settlement visa, we have been married for over 5 years, have a daughter who has dual citizenship, my wife is educated and has been to the Uk on tourist visas 4 times and I have a house in the Uk. I have been in Thailand for the last 9 years but I went back to the Uk in January (I'm in BKK now) to sort out work there, I am self-employed earning approx' £1000 a week, have money in the bank but I am waiting for my schedule 'D' tax number which seems to be taking a long time because I have been out of the Uk for so long.

My question is-

Will 2 letters from regular employers and bank statements showing the said companies payments be enough to apply for the settlement visa or will the embassy ask for my schedule D?

I have tried to get this information from the embassy but I am finding almost impossible to get any answers about being self-employed other than ' you need documentry evidence of your employment situation' which I believe the 2 letters are.

Any ideas??

Evidence of any contracts you have plus your business bank statements should be sufficient to demonstrate your income. You can explain in a covering letter that the business has only recently been established so accounts are not yet due.

Scouse.

Hi,

I am sorry but it is unclear from your posting if you are paying tax inThailand or the UK can you confirm please?

You might like to consider getting your accountant to provide a letter along with any acounts that you might have available.

On the facts you have provided I dont see much difficulty,

Good luck

roy gsd