Number Plates In English

randomchase

Read last week, that it is now obligatory for vehicles traveling between. [Or to], lao. Cambodia,

Vietnam , should now have the vehicle number and letters in English.plus, I assume for me my Thai number

anyone know where to get this done in Chiang Mai ?

Saw many stick on types in phuket and the south, plus of course Malaysian number plates

I am hoping to drive, cross borders, Any info on this , more than welcome.

plus any one wanting to make the trip say to lao could be welcome. Especialy if they have made the trip befor

thanks kind sirs /Ladies Random

There's a place on the northern side of Wichayanon Road (same road as the US Embassy) between the US Embassy and Ratchawong Road.

It is a small place set back from the road a bit. You will recognise it by the number plates hanging out front.

You can't just go to a number plate shop and buy one !!!

First you need to take your passport and Vehicle Blue Book to the local Land Transport Department Office and ask for an official translation of your vehicle's number plate. THEN, take this translation to the numberplate shop where they will print one off for you on vinyl.

You certainly can, I've done it several times over the years for various reasons. They will print anything to order. Much the same as in Tatchilek with Burmese plates. They laser cut them on the spot out of white acrylic and then glue them to a piece of black acrylic, all for 150 baht If you need the stamped aluminium ones replaced you will of course have to go the the Land & Transport offices :o

You certainly can, I've done it several times over the years for various reasons. They will print anything to order. Much the same as in Tatchilek with Burmese plates. They laser cut them on the spot out of white acrylic and then glue them to a piece of black acrylic, all for 150 baht If you need the stamped aluminium ones replaced you will of course have to go the the Land & Transport offices :o

maejoman=date 2008-06-07

help I need to get a car passport and the numbers done will go to shop. but spent yesterday trying with a thai trying to find the land and trasnsport office . found the veh licence place, but as I understood it, from the security,

they did not do the car/truck passport its now urgent can you call me on my mobile 0856241434 thanks random