I Don't Want Google.co.th... I Want Google.com

lightstar

Once you're taken to google.co.th page there should be an option for you to click to "Go to Google.com". Click on that and it will take you to google.com. Once you're there just add that page to your Favourites list for future use and to avoid frustration of being launched to google.co.th again.

Edited by jayhech

joebuzzard, it happens to me and keeps happening (even though I suggested to add it in favourites list, but I don't) when I type in www.google.com on the same computer it still launches me to google.co.th. Something wrong with my cookies setting?

Hi all,

My computer has decided to revert to google.co.th instead of google.com

Any ideas how to change it back?

Thanks.

A thought just came up...how about Google toolbar? It's very useful and you don't have to keep typing in the url or click on the favourits list. You can go here to download and install for free: http://toolbar.google.com/T4/index.html

Hope this help.

joebuzzard, it happens to me and keeps happening (even though I suggested to add it in favourites list, but I don't) when I type in www.google.com on the same computer it still launches me to google.co.th. Something wrong with my cookies setting?

Hey Jay.

I don't know about your cookies setting. Mine are enabled, so no hassles for me.

That said, the Google Toolbar is a good solution. Better yet, Firefox, with a customizable searchbar that you can load all kinds of search engines and sites into.

I just typed in MSIE www.google.com the page displayed was google in Thai but there was an option toward the bottom of the test that allowed me to select "Google.com in English" I selected that option and the English page is displayed. I closed the page and again asked MSIE for www.google.com and I was taken to the English page.

Don't know if that is the answer but it worked for me.

Hi all,

Thanks.

Type in www.google.com/ncr (no country required) should get you there

Hi all,

Thanks.

A thought just came up...how about Google toolbar? It's very useful and you don't have to keep typing in the url or click on the favourits list. You can go here to download and install for free: http://toolbar.google.com/T4/index.html

Hope this help.

toolbar or just click the login to gmail link and once your logged in then will use your language preferences. My cookies usually work sometimes I get Thai and its hard to change because the choices are written in Thai. Logging into gmail sets everything back to your language.

How do I get my Hotmail home page in English.

I registered for Hotmail in Thailand years ago, and even when I am overseas, my hotmail page still displays in Thai. I presume it depends on country of registration, or the address you gave when signing up :o

What is the region you put in the system at set up??

Change it, delete all cookies, and try again, it worked for me.

Donot ask me how, not a pc techie, but i put myself on another spot on the planet in the set up than i really am.

Also changed language, that made a big difference too with for instance googling stuff.

How do I get my Hotmail home page in English.

I use Mozilla Firefox.

What you need to do is go to the page you require ie Hotmail, Google.com or whatever

then on the toolbar select

tools

options

main

startup

select my homepage

and voila there you are

:D:o:D

I just typed in MSIE www.google.com the page displayed was google in Thai but there was an option toward the bottom of the test that allowed me to select "Google.com in English" I selected that option and the English page is displayed. I closed the page and again asked MSIE for www.google.com and I was taken to the English page.

Don't know if that is the answer but it worked for me.

Yes that's how it works, and how it should work. A lot of ppl don't know this, so I keep doing it for friends, in internet shops etc - reason is that google.co.th search results are completely different from google.com search results. google.com is way better.

If that doesn't work for you, make sure to enable cookies.

And please don't go mucking with the bizarre IE security settings - just get Firefox instead, it's more secure and makes a lot more sense in terms of preferences (e.g. cookies on/off instead of multiple layers of "zones" which actually don't really work...)

Hi all,

Thanks.

Hope this help.

toolbar or just click the login to gmail link and once your logged in then will use your language preferences. My cookies usually work sometimes I get Thai and its hard to change because the choices are written in Thai. Logging into gmail sets everything back to your language.

If you want to get google.com as your default search engine in the upper right of your Firefox window install the google toolbar and right click on the toolbars. Click on "Customize..." and drag and drop the google toolbar where the default Firefox searchbar is.