Printer

SnakeBite

I have a Canon Pixma iP1700 printer and for the life of me, I can't get it to read in English when trying to print, everything is in Thai. I've tried reinstalling and still can't get it. I want to be able to print only in black and white but can't get that set either. It also shows up in such small print that it's hard to read. Can anyone help me with this please?

I had the same printer and the same problem.

It is caused by the printer drivers. Even when you install the English version you still get Thai.

I cured the problem by going to the folder where the driver for the printer is stored. One of the sub-folders contains many language files. You can tell some of them because they have part of the languahe name in the filename, other files there contain just numbers as their name.

Make a subfolder called temp and then copy ALL these files to the temp folder. Now go to the printer setup programme and hopefully it will have defaulted to English. If it does not work copy one of the numbered files back to the language folder from the temp folder and try again. You should soon get English.

Sorry it is a bit vague but I am in England at the moment and my computer is in Thailand. I return to Thailand next month. If you still have a problem I can post the exact name of the files you need to delete and the ones you need to keep.

Chris

Hi Chris, Funny, we have the same name also. Thanks for the help and I'll see if I can figure it out. If not, I'll send you a pm to see if you can help me again with this.

Cheers

It is caused by the printer drivers. Even when you install the English version you still get Thai.

I cured the problem by going to the folder where the driver for the printer is stored. One of the sub-folders contains many language files. You can tell some of them because they have part of the languahe name in the filename, other files there contain just numbers as their name.

Make a subfolder called temp and then copy ALL these files to the temp folder. Now go to the printer setup programme and hopefully it will have defaulted to English. If it does not work copy one of the numbered files back to the language folder from the temp folder and try again. You should soon get English.

Sorry it is a bit vague but I am in England at the moment and my computer is in Thailand. I return to Thailand next month. If you still have a problem I can post the exact name of the files you need to delete and the ones you need to keep.

Chris

Chris

Thanks a lot for that.

Been bugging me for the last year. :o

SL.