England - Euro Champs 2008

Prakanong

But we enjoy it. :D:D

And who are we to take away one of your very few pleasures in life i guess? :D

At least the sweaties are well balanced - chips on both their shoulders and not just about footie.

Our last colony but I would be glad to see the back of it! :o

Not sure if we want rid of you lot Prakanong, getting more involved with the EU is not my idea of fun and lots of folks up here are thinking the same, The SNP want to take us into the Euro.

People who are not English always seem to have so much to say about the England team.

You should take that as a compliment.

:o

Your country's football team is a bit like your missus. You spend most of your time slagging her off, whilst at the same time, rigoursly and valiantly defending her from any outsider who wants to do the same.

So if you want to tell me what great legs my missus has got, how beautiful she is, and what a lucky man i am, then yes, i take it as a compliment. On the other hand, if you want to tell me that my missus has a fat arse and a face like the back end of a bus - well then you are asking for a knuckle sandwich with a side order of knee in the nuts and washed down with a fruity punch my friend.

:D

Your country's football team is a bit like your missus. You spend most of your time slagging her off, whilst at the same time, rigoursly and valiantly defending her from any outsider who wants to do the same.

Quote of the day it has to be.

....hi all .........do you all agree with me this point ? ;..........THERE ARE FAR TOO MANY HIGH PRESSURE LEAGUE AND CUP COMPETITIONS IN ENGLISH FOOTBALL,..........add to that the pre season tours,.....then by the time International competitions come around there all KNACKERED or "stale".......plus the cold weather type football is played at fast pace not like turning up for another stroll in the sun and a guranteed win for Barca/Madrid ...Inter/Juve.....Sporting/Benfica ....etc/etc....... until the league is cut and silly cup competitions are dropped there is little chance of England reaching the final of Euro or World, with Sven we had some quality players and a fantastic chance, except he put players out of their usual positions......the second half was always the problem,.....1 lack of belief 2 unfamiliar positions 3 KNACKERED......I don't know about you lot but,..when I used to play football the hot sunny weather brought a substancial increase in my performance,......rather than sloging it out in the mud, I'd prefer a nice flat pitch, and warmed up muscles,...al those niggly pulls, knocks, strains would vanish .....mmmmmmm memories !

Edited by dee123

....hi all .........do you all agree with me this point ? ;..........THERE ARE FAR TOO MANY HIGH PRESSURE LEAGUE AND CUP COMPETITIONS IN ENGLISH FOOTBALL,..........add to that the pre season tours,.....then by the time International competitions come around there all KNACKERED or "stale"

Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool rest their top players for the FA and League cups and even some Premier League games i.e. before a Champs League matches, and they have huge squads enabling players to get a rest when needed.

England players cant seem to pass a ball to each other no matter what time of the season the game is, that seems to be the bigger problem.

...you are correct boiled egg,....big squads are helping the situation,......but I have noticed that the foreigners that play a long British season aren't as useful when they return to International i.e Drogba was poor in African nations recently in camparison with before his arrival,....same goes for most others who are always a bit below their best,.......teamwork won it in african nations this year rather than "quality"....Croatia look to have that spirit.....no overworked superstars who's main job is club rather than country,......do you see what I'm getting at ? :o....I agree with you about the passing..... though maybe if you were brought up on a beach in Rio rather than a playing field in Birkenhead..you might have the time to stay late and learn the passing game and rythym. :D...I allways used to say to my football mates that there are two separate games "summer" football and winter football and you should change the players accordingly

Edited by dee123

....I allways used to say to my football mates that there are two separate games "summer" football and winter football and you should change the players accordingly

Yes i always felt my Zico like talents shone through more so in the summer, its winter for world cup 2010 in SA so hopefully thats in Englands favour, when we qualify.

With regards playing too many games it was recently shown they dont play anymore games then the Liverpool champions of the 70s 80s when they only had 1 sub.

I heard something funny on the radio about passing yesterday, the reason Boro have a white stipe in their jersey is because Jack Charlton thought they were having difficulty seeing each other in an all red jersey so he thought that if they had a white stripe theyd see each other easier.

People who are not English always seem to have so much to say about the England team.

You should take that as a compliment.

:o

So if you want to tell me what great legs my missus has got, how beautiful she is, and what a lucky man i am, then yes, i take it as a compliment. On the other hand, if you want to tell me that my missus has a fat arse and a face like the back end of a bus - well then you are asking for a knuckle sandwich with a side order of knee in the nuts and washed down with a fruity punch my friend.

Good point.

I have been a Man U fan since 1975 (or 1976).

Followed them as a hard core fan for many years, before the Ferguson era.

Im not from UK, but I kind of feel I in a way am qualified to talk about them (or the league they play in).

Even if criticise some of their competitors, it is still a compliment to that league.

People who are not English always seem to have so much to say about the England team. Why not concentrate on commenting on the football of your own country, because unless you're Brazilian, it's more than likely that your team is crap too.

Let us English fans knock our own team - we're more than capable thanks.

You have just proven that the English take their team far too seriously. It's just a game, lighten up a bit. Or are you personally offended if someone talks down the English football team? I hope not...:o

I feel like you guys are brothers because you suffer from the same problem we suffer: Hopelessly incompetent footballing association.

McClaren was a total muppet, and now he's gone. But if he was a muppet, then what about those who appointed him? They are still around of course, and not going anywhere. Doing just fine, thankyouverymuch. The official football association in each country is run like a dictatorship. If your rulers are good, good for you. If they are bad you have to live with it.

In Austria, we have been running our football into the ground for the last 20 years, and we are continuing to do so. With great success, I think we are now ranked around #110 in the world. That's countries! And guess what, the heads of the Austrian FA have been around that long. No-one fired them because no-one can! Whoop-dee! :D

People who are not English always seem to have so much to say about the England team. Why not concentrate on commenting on the football of your own country, because unless you're Brazilian, it's more than likely that your team is crap too.

Let us English fans knock our own team - we're more than capable thanks.

You have just proven that the English take their team far too seriously. It's just a game, lighten up a bit. Or are you personally offended if someone talks down the English football team? I hope not... :D

I feel like you guys are brothers because you suffer from the same problem we suffer: Hopelessly incompetent footballing association.

McClaren was a total muppet, and now he's gone. But if he was a muppet, then what about those who appointed him? They are still around of course, and not going anywhere. Doing just fine, thankyouverymuch. The official football association in each country is run like a dictatorship. If your rulers are good, good for you. If they are bad you have to live with it.

In Austria, we have been running our football into the ground for the last 20 years, and we are continuing to do so. With great success, I think we are now ranked around #110 in the world. That's countries! And guess what, the heads of the Austrian FA have been around that long. No-one fired them because no-one can! Whoop-dee! :D

Actually, judging from that post, i'd say if anything you might take the game a bit too seriously. Perhaps now even more so, seeing how your team performed?

Anyway, moving on...

I'm just wondering from the English fans, how you've found it's been, watching the tournament without us there.

For me, in the months running up to the event, i couldn't get interested at all. But funnily enough, now it's well underway, i have to say i have quite enjoyed it. It's been much less stressful without having to watch England play and get beat. Perhaps we should fail to qualify more often?! :o

Anyway, moving on...

I'm just wondering from the English fans, how you've found it's been, watching the tournament without us there.

For me, in the months running up to the event, i couldn't get interested at all. But funnily enough, now it's well underway, i have to say i have quite enjoyed it. It's been much less stressful without having to watch England play and get beat. Perhaps we should fail to qualify more often?! :o

Well I'm thoroughly enjoying it. We could still see a Croatia v Russia final which would be interesting from Englands non qualifying point of view and I have a sneaky feeling about Russia, getting better with every game. I can see Hiddinck tactically outfoxing Van Baston on Saturday. Every dark cloud has a silver lining and McLaren departure was certainly that.

Edited by tso310

a 100% "genuine British" guy told me this: "our football players are just overpaid <deleted>" :o:D

What this means is that this guy supports a club team that is crap, and that doesn't have any England players. So for him, the England players are w*nkers (nevermind overpaid - just w*nkers period) because they play for teams he hates.

Lower league club supporters are often trotting out these silly comments.

Edited by rixalex

a 100% "genuine British" guy told me this: "our football players are just overpaid <deleted>" :o:D

What this means is that this guy supports a club team that is crap, and that doesn't have any England players. So for him, the England players are w*nkers (nevermind overpaid - just w*nkers period) because they play for teams he hates.

Relax relax ...

I dont know if they are overpaid or w... I find that comment funny, very funny indeed :D

FORZA ITALIA

Relax relax ...

I dont know if they are overpaid or w... I find that comment funny, very funny indeed :D

FORZA ITALIA

You must be easily tickled alls i can say... :D