England - Euro Champs 2008

Prakanong

Just got a text from a pal who lives in Jakarta

At the opening yesterday the Indo crowd in the bar were chanting England - England

He says he did not have the heart to tell them England did not qualify

Edited by Prakanong

Ive am still truly gutted we arent there.

Im early 30s so possibly another 40 yrs life in me do you think England will win anything in that time.

I would love the English footie team to win something just once too!

The Rugby in 2003 was a great time but its just not footie.

In 66 I was too young to remember or take notice - 90 was about the closest after that - maybe 2010?

Just got a text from a pal who lives in Jakarta

At the opening yesterday the Indo crowd in the bar were chanting England - England

He says he did not have the heart to tell them England did not qualify

One of lifes imponderables considering we've got so many "world class" players in our ranks.

Maybe they were taking the piss? :o:D

If he was in Glasgow or Edinburgh maybe :D:D

LMFAO, I love listening to England fans, with their attitude that they have a god given right right to win everything. When are they going to accept that just like Scotland they are sh-it, infact with all the good players they have had over the years they should be ashamed at the way they have performed but they the FA has to take most of the blame with the managers that they have appointed over the years.

LMFAO, I love listening to England fans, with their attitude that they have a god given right right to win everything. When are they going to accept that just like Scotland they are sh-it, infact with all the good players they have had over the years they should be ashamed at the way they have performed but they the FA has to take most of the blame with the managers that they have appointed over the years.

Where is that written then ??? We enter competitions expecting the win....that's the idea right ? Just being there making up the numbers is no use to us

Where is that written then ??? We enter competitions expecting the win....that's the idea right ? Just being there making up the numbers is no use to us

Exactly - at least we want to win - the sweaties have much lower ambition of just wanting to be there.

The best sweaties leave to get on in their careers - there is nowhere to go in Scotland

We don't claim to world beaters. However many English to belive they are and have the right to win something. No one has that right. But England have the potential. But should stop living in the past. ie 1966. The English press don't help. They bum the team up so much. But when they fail they are on their backs. I belive Capello will be a good manager. But as soon as he gets some bad results.(and he will) It will be like the rest. Hes no good etc etc. Especially because hes a foreigner.

We don't claim to world beaters. However many English to belive they are and have the right to win something. No one has that right. But England have the potential. But should stop living in the past. ie 1966. The English press don't help. They bum the team up so much. But when they fail they are on their backs. I belive Capello will be a good manager. But as soon as he gets some bad results.(and he will) It will be like the rest. Hes no good etc etc. Especially because hes a foreigner.

Your right there JS. The English press has alot to answer for when it comes to the English footy team. They take great delight in building up the team then when the slightest thing goes wrong they make a huge song & dance about it plus the personal insults they trade in is well out of order.

I belive Capello will be a good manager. But as soon as he gets some bad results.(and he will) It will be like the rest. Hes no good etc etc. Especially because hes a foreigner.

Sven ,Mcclaren and Taylor were all useless and deserved every bit of stick they got.

Taylor dropped Waddle and Beardsley, Waddle was voted PFA player of the year at the time and was unstoppable.

Sven had the best players England have ever had and possibly the best 1-11 in the world at the time play like theyd never met each other.

Mcclaren is just useless and i hope he never finds work again, even FC Twente fans dont want him.

Keegan, Hoddle and Venables didnt get much stick from the fans or press, at least not for footballing matters.

As for Capello my only problem with him is he get paid too much it should be 1 million GBP a year take it or leave it. The prestige of the job and 1 million should be more then enough.

I didn't say it was written anywhere. I'm talking from experience of listening to some of my friends who are English.

You say you enter competitions expecting to win?

How many have you won (Apart from 66)?

I was commenting on the fact that England fans can't seem to accept that they aren't good enough to win tournaments just like us Scots.

Exactly - at least we want to win - the sweaties have much lower ambition of just wanting to be there.

The best sweaties leave to get on in their careers - there is nowhere to go in Scotland

LMFAO

JOCK,

I think its the opposite now,the england fans expect to lose against the worlds best.We expect to beat the also rans scotland though.

I can't wait for the home internationals to start again, although if we beat England what cars will the English vandalise? there aren't any Scottish makes.

The problem with England fans is that they take themselves far to seriously.

JOCK,

I think its the opposite now,the england fans expect to lose against the worlds best.We expect to beat the also rans scotland though.

I bet you also expected to beat Croatia, and is that the same Scotland that only just failed to qualify with France & Italy in our group?

JOCK,

I can't wait for the home internationals to start again, although if we beat England what cars will the English vandalise? there aren't any Scottish makes.

Home Internationals?

Who wants those back?

Same as Rangers and Celtic wanting in to the EPL to share the wealth - its never ever going to happen - stay in that shitty league boy's where the standard of play for the vast majority is Conference Leage level with wages to match

I miss living in Scotland and laughing at the sweaties - it was like taking sweeties from a bairn while earning plenty

JOCK,

Home Internationals?

Who wants those back?

Same as Rangers and Celtic wanting in to the EPL to share the wealth - its never ever going to happen - stay in that shitty league boy's where the standard of play for the vast majority is Conference Leage level with wages to match

I miss living in Scotland and laughing at the sweaties - it was like taking sweeties from a bairn while earning plenty

My point exactly Prakanong and thanks for proving it.

England are a joke and i'm happy they are not in euro 2008 as they would only bore it out anyway.

All them over payed English wasters now sitting at home(or some sunny island) playing pro evolution soccer on the playstation should pay attention to the fact below average teams like Croatia and Russia and there instead of England.

John Terry, Wayne Rooney,Frank Lampard and co have never proved themselves at international level.

Having brainless guys like Ferdinand and Rooney who struggle to even speak english earning 120k plus a week says it all about modern football..not to mention John Terry highest earning in the premiership and can't take a penalty..England have always bottled it when it counts, people should just be realistic to the fact England are not unlucky..they are gutless...

People who are not English always seem to have so much to say about the England team. Why not concentrate on commenting on the football of your own country, because unless you're Brazilian, it's more than likely that your team is crap too.

Let us English fans knock our own team - we're more than capable thanks.

People who are not English always seem to have so much to say about the England team. Why not concentrate on commenting on the football of your own country, because unless you're Brazilian, it's more than likely that your team is crap too.

Well said :o

But we enjoy it. :D:D

And who are we to take away one of your very few pleasures in life i guess? :D

At least the sweaties are well balanced - chips on both their shoulders and not just about footie.

Our last colony but I would be glad to see the back of it! :o

Edited by Prakanong

Well said :o

Here, here. It's one of our main national pasttimes, and not open to other nationalities.