Gentlemen, Real Shaving Cream Has Arrived

JSixpack

Best Supermarket in N. Pattaya--maybe other places, I dunno--just got in Old Spice lather shaving cream in 70 g. tubes for B135. They have Lime, Musk, and Original scents. This stuff is made in India and is reasonably good quality, though Taylor of Old Bond Street it ain't. Best (and other local outlets) have cheap and rather laughable shaving brushes for sale too if you need a brush.

It should be noted, for those of you to whom this is of any interest, that The Body Shop (Big C mall) sometimes has its cream in stock. In the 500 g. tub, it's actually cheaper per gram than this Old Spice and a higher-end cream too.

Old Spice?? You must be kidding me! Is someone gonna tell me I can get Blue Stratos and Brut around here too :o

Real men drink Menage. For those of you interested in such things - all these products are available for sale in Cambodia, where you just know it is going to be the real thing. I have also seen it in Chiang Mai where it is probably hold over stock.

CB

I used to use a brush and cream, but got pissed off with the wife using it.

Not nice, short curly hairs on the cream when you go to use it.

So went over to Nivia smooth in a can, much, much better.

The brush and cream are now for recreational purposes only.

Oink Oink :o

• 1 month later...
I just bought a tub of the body shop stuff, I am very impressed, I normally import my shaving gear from UK, but this body shop stuff will do as long as it stays in stock.

Saw last Saturday that The Body Shop in the Big C Central Festival mall has got about 4 tubs & also some tubes of their cream in stock. This stuff is made by Creighton's in the UK, same company that makes Trumper's, Taylor Of Old Bond Street, and Truefitt & Hill, so it's high quality, good stuff. Get it while it lasts--supply tends to be irregular in Thailand. I've got several tubs already.

• 9 months later...
Best Supermarket in N. Pattaya--maybe other places, I dunno--just got in Old Spice lather shaving cream in 70 g. tubes for B135. They have Lime, Musk, and Original scents. This stuff is made in India and is reasonably good quality, though Taylor of Old Bond Street it ain't. Best (and other local outlets) have cheap and rather laughable shaving brushes for sale too if you need a brush.

It should be noted, for those of you to whom this is of any interest, that The Body Shop (Big C mall) sometimes has its cream in stock. In the 500 g. tub, it's actually cheaper per gram than this Old Spice and a higher-end cream too.

If you want to try something great for men and women I just found Magic Shaves which is made here in Thailand using all natural plant extracts. Check out magicshaves on the internet. This is better than any foam I have ever used without the chemicals.

So went over to Nivia smooth in a can, much, much better.

I will second the Nivia stuff...gives a nice smooth shave...not too pricey either at about B 150 a can.

I also find that Dove soap also works really well as a shave lotion...lots of moisturizers in there and works like a charm...cheap too.

Piece everyone.

If you want to try something great for men and women I just found Magic Shaves which is made here in Thailand using all natural plant extracts. Check out magicshaves on the internet. This is better than any foam I have ever used without the chemicals.

Makes your hands greasy, though.

Exactly where is Best Supermarket?

Best Supermarket North Pattaya is at the very end/beginning of Second Road at the Dolphin roundabout :)

Neatly tucked away so you can't see it from the Naklua Road or Pattaya Nua.

Old Spice?? You must be kidding me! Is someone gonna tell me I can get Blue Stratos and Brut around here too :)

I use Brut in New Zealand, also used it Papua New Guinea

Brut or Old Spice, yuk, both stink like a wh*rehouse at sea, anybody actually use that stuff these days?