Failure Rate Of Condo Developers Nation Article

i don't think anyone can guarantee that prices will stay up but for 4 years we have been told that the crisis is coming, housing bubble ready to explode, and investors fleeing...

All I am saying is that maybe people cried Wolf in the past and now it seems less serious

- BUT this time around it just looks to me like a " perfect storm " brewing - i.e serious

economic problems PLUS insurmountable geopolitical problems at the same time :o

What about the Thai crisis in 2007? lol, how soon we forget. :D

i don't think anyone can guarantee that prices will stay up but for 4 years we have been told that the crisis is coming, housing bubble ready to explode, and investors fleeing...

All I am saying is that maybe people cried Wolf in the past and now it seems less serious

- BUT this time around it just looks to me like a " perfect storm " brewing - i.e serious

economic problems PLUS insurmountable geopolitical problems at the same time :D

Yes indeed palm but time will tell ..........!

And you cynical postings will still be here for everyone to look back on :o

A 5 million THB condo = around 77,000 GBP. Up or down 50% by 'wild market fluctuations' about 38,500 GBP. If these figures are scary you really, really need to harbour your income more. Thailand may now be out of your reach. Where next? I don't have a clue! Bonkers says Vietnam? or just said not Vietnam? - I forget.

None the less there are good deals here, but it appears to take a brain. I note the 3k per month rental post - I take my hat off Khun Jean!

Quicksilva

It may be that the guy did say that one-in-two could fail - but maybe he wasn't referring to the data of 50% of units (the main focus of the data)? In other words two unrelated points?

Yes true, it could be read like that, but still that's a very bold statement to make based on undisclosed data.

I could claim that according data 90% of all developments will make 100% profit, but you would be rightly skeptical. You would say prove it. [edit: just an example not true]

Same thing. Whether the news is good or bad, the people breaking that news should back their stories up with hard facts, not hearsay.

Reporting on key economic indicators, such as the performance of the real estate market, is an important job, and it should be carried out responsibly.

O.K.,

so what is the final conclusion? Will oversupply bring down the cost thus maybe making for a good investment (buy low, sell high) or is it a crap-shoot no matter what as we are in Thailand?

Umm, gee guys. Gosh. You would never assume that the 'condo sales failure' analysis may simply tie hand in hand with recent 'credit card payment failures' analysis? Thailand is in for a world of hurt... again. Anybody got dollars they want to sell? I've only been here 24 years, so heck, I wouldn't know anything about this, or not much anyway.

Don't take no wooden condos!

Check what's happening in Suk Soi 24. 12% sales rate?

Say goodnight Gracie.

Heh.

Umm, gee guys. Gosh. You would never assume that the 'condo sales failure' analysis may simply tie hand in hand with recent 'credit card payment failures' analysis? Thailand is in for a world of hurt... again. Anybody got dollars they want to sell? I've only been here 24 years, so heck, I wouldn't know anything about this, or not much anyway.

Don't take no wooden condos!

Check what's happening in Suk Soi 24. 12% sales rate?

Say goodnight Gracie.

Heh.

Interesting avatar - it means?

economic problems PLUS insurmountable geopolitical problems at the same time :o

Hey Palm-Sisters - what makes you think it's over or that anyone's forgotten? Not read it to the news lately??

Condominium sales take time in Bangkok, full stop. We have seen this fully documented at The Park, The Manhatten, The Athennee and The Trendy. You can go back as far as records began on these projects on Thaivisa.

These are not flat screen televisions, and I can assure you it requires balls - I would suggest the two markets are somewhat different?

I don't doubt that the upper end places like yours (started a few years before all the troubles) will complete. But why hasn't yours finished yet? Or has it? Have all the others abovementioned transfered ownership?

thaigene2 - As I have said I will be over (now in about 6 weeks) - We have already furnished, I can only say I have transferred ownership it is done - juristic are in place. I cannot be more honest than that until I see the place myself. Is that fair?

Is it fair? I don't know - was I questioning your honesty? :o

Prove you can contribute to a neutral titled thread on condominium ownership of property and I will answer your question. Is it a deal?

You did

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...25&start=25

Ok you do not seem to care for those outside of your 'social circle' - I do not know why that is, but I find it sad. My interpretation is we are are in this together and I pass on all information I have regardless of anything what so ever!