Suited 'n Booted

ellisg

G'day all

After all the great help I got on another post I thought I'd ask another question. This time I'd like to find out where I can buy european size shoes, eg Florsheim in size 11. I tried the department stores and their biggest size is about 10.

Also interested in buying a suit 'off the rack'. Yeah, I know, why don't I get made to measure. I'm pretty regular size for australian (187cm) and I can get a good 2 pant suit of the rack here in Australia for less than 12,000bht. Just not worth the effort to have made to measure, what with finding a competent tailor and then measuring up and waiting, so if anyone can recommend a retail establishment it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any info :o

G'day sport

Not that I would even consider wearing a suit in LOS but I always like the clothing in Robinsons department stores. Well worth a look.

I also wear size 11 shoes and do have trouble buying in LOS, but I bought a pair in Findig (Thai size 45) and they are one of the most comfortable shoes I have ever had. So its worth having a look in there but beware the cheaper shoes probably wont last long.

HL :o

G'day all

After all the great help I got on another post I thought I'd ask another question. This time I'd like to find out where I can buy european size shoes, eg Florsheim in size 11. I tried the department stores and their biggest size is about 10.

Also interested in buying a suit 'off the rack'. Yeah, I know, why don't I get made to measure. I'm pretty regular size for australian (187cm) and I can get a good 2 pant suit of the rack here in Australia for less than 12,000bht. Just not worth the effort to have made to measure, what with finding a competent tailor and then measuring up and waiting, so if anyone can recommend a retail establishment it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any info :o

Forget Florsheims .. go to one of the good custom shoe makers on Silom .. or maybe Tony (leather?) on Suriwong near Patpong. You will get shoes that fit and last much longer. Most Florsheims are made with composite leather (the leather version of particle board) .. which is why they crack near the soles.

I bought a pair of loafers from Tony many moons ago .. real leather .. and went through 3 sets of soles and heels and the uppers still looked great .. but finally the inner lining wore through ..

.. yes, inside lining of soft leather .. pick your style, pick your color

G'day all

Thanks in advance for any info :D

Oh my goodness an australian in a suit :D and in thailand too, and of course a well worn Akubra hat and Full length Drisabone slung nonchalontly over the left shoulder, the mind boggles thats nearly as silly as my fellow potbellied poms with their sandals, socks and knotted handkerchiefs :D Lowes or Target do run of the mill off the peg suits, but there again our Indian Tailor from Bkk visits Australia every2 years , excellent quality,reliable and he takes orders for made to measure shoes as well, Really sorry to take the piss but at the thought of any of my australian neighbours in a suit makes me laugh,a very dear friend was buried in a country queensland towna few months ago , nothing like anything I have seen in UK, no stuffy collar and tie and suit for him, he was buried in his working shirt and shorts ,well polished work boots and snake cuffs,a queenslander in a suit is as funny and rare as a liverpudlian in one :o Nignoy

thanks for the info and no offence taken...I think we invented piss-taking didn't we? :o

I don't wear a suit in LOS but I spend 50% of my time in Oz and in my line of work it's a pre-requisite unfortunately!

I don't need made to measure as I can get good suits in Oz for 12,000bht off the rack that do just fine.

As for the shoes, I figured that was the case as I've never been able to find anything in Bangkok that fits and is good quality.

Can't agree about the Florsheims though. Never had any split on me and the Roo skin ones are superb! Top price in Perth about 6000bht and wouldn't wanna spend more than that on shoes.

Will check out Findig.

thanks again to all who took the time to respond

E

Edited by ellisg

Guest Reimar

Just as a sidenote, Shoes made to order, if you didn't want Snake-, Croc- or other special Leather, the cost may same or even more cheap than imported Ready Made Shoes.

I would just check what's possible at what cost.

Cheers.

Just as a sidenote, Shoes made to order, if you didn't want Snake-, Croc- or other special Leather, the cost may same or even more cheap than imported Ready Made Shoes.

I would just check what's possible at what cost.

Cheers.

My cobbler and now his son have been making shoes and boots for me and my wife for the best part of 30 years, for nearly 20 of those years I have needed special orthaepedic shoes because of my disability, and having to pay the equivalent of 4500 baht for national health shoes in UK , where 1 size seems to fit all and weigh a ton. I tried successfully may I add getting a pair made to measure in thailand , they were very economical in price and were comfortable , Apart from the oddpair of sandals or trainers, havent wore store bought shoes since!!Nignoy