Mcdonalds Or Burger King

Boater

Which one do you prefer?

I witnessed the manufacture of such hamburgers which were produced by mincing a hopper of fat chunks with a hopper of meat chunks.

It was explained that this ratio was essential to the flavor.

Unfortunately this high fat content is the most dangerous "trans" variety.

No it is not, although it is saturated fat. Trans fat is a man made product and much worse for your health.

The truth is that if you only eat these burgers once in a while, they will not harm you at all. I enjoy them, but luckily I don't get a craving any more than once every two months. :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

Am not a big fan of either one. BK is better, but it's also significantly more expensive. For the price of a whopper with bacon meal, I'd rather just go to a pub and get a better burger in a nicer setting, where I can watch a game and have a beer.

If I need a fast food fix though, I'll usually go to KFC and get a Zinger Burger (spicy chicken) and a large mashed potato with gravy. It's decent, and since there are KFCs everywhere, it's an option if I don't feel like Thai food.

Hungry Jacks and Burger King are the same I think. For some reason, don't they have both in Oz? :o

I believe a businessman registered the name "Burger King" in Australia many years ago before Burger King could get their act together.

This caused Burger King to trade in Australia as Wendy's and later Hungry Jacks to avoid the legal situation.

During this period Burger King did trade as Burger King at Aussie International Airports which were exempt from the name registration.

The situation has changed since as Burger King and Hungry Jacks are now fairly widespread.

If the consensus is that Burger King (HJ) tastes better than Macca's it's because whoppers contain 65 grams of fat.

NB: Those who eat a lot of these burgers might become over weight as the daily fat intake allowance is 41 grams.

Edited by rockyysdt

From what I have read, the extra fat is mostly from using more mayonaise. :o

Problem is "fat is fat" regardless of the source.

Eating these burgers as an infrequent treat can be OK.

Many nudge the threshold.

Obesity is running rampant in the west and now in may places in the South East.

My policy is to avoid them at all costs.

An occasional treat can turn into a regular obsession over time.

Edited by rockyysdt

Back in the States BK are flame broiled. Add the fact that each burger is made to order (no mayo, extra pickles etc) would be BK every time.

In Thailand it would be Mickey Dee's everytime (for me). BK are morons at marketing. They are unable to choose good sites (apart from Paragon & Emporium) That store opposite Pantip Plaza is DEAD!!!!

They pulled out o9f Seacon Square & Central Bang Na because they can vever get a favorable location.

That they are part of Minor group is the only reason they are still alive in LOS.

nevermind the master stroke McD pulled off years ago offering fried chicken. They sell about as much fried chicken as all other menu items combined.

If you don't like Pres Bush & burgers. Kiss my a$$.

I love them both. Had a Big Mac at Da Morr today and thoroughly enjoyed it. Back in the 70's I worked as a "cook" at McDonald's and loved the fact that I could get Big Mac's at half price.

Burger King has a totally different flavor, but still lovely.

I know what I like and I'm proud of it.

Now, if they'd just get some BK's upcountry I could enjoy both whenever I had the urge....

When I was younger I quite liked both.Over time the quality seems to have gone down and now I keep away and in Thailand they are even worse.Why eat crap when there are so many cheaper and better options.My girlfriend won't eat in either but quite likes a Kentucky occasionally.

i think reflux is do to the extra baking powder used to raise the bread dough, i get the same thing to and hate it...stop into 7-11 and buy a packet of ENO, mix and drink, its seltzer salt i think

kfc zinger sandwiches are the bomb, but reflux is even worse than mickey d's.

Every time i read things like this i am amazed. How can anybody call this stuff food?? To me and most others around me it is something you eat to give in to a grease craving, but food is something tottaly different.

These high class folks are usually the same "gourmets" who love meat pies and bangers and mash. :o

YOU FORGOT THE MUSHY PEAS,HOW COULD YOU LOL.

How about a decent serve of Kao Man Gai, Kao Kaa Moo or just one of 'em humble noodle soups FAR better, healthier, cheaper, then this human error they have the face to call a "burger"... :o

just a thought...

I wonder what age group these people are who like this junk

All different ages. There are not very many people who don't enjoy junk food once in a while, no matter how old they are.

However, there was a nut in Chiang Mai this week who went into every Western restaurant demanding to know every ingredient in the food they served and insisted they cook food for him with his own recipes. I saw him get kicked out of three different places that I eat. What a annoying screwball. :o