Setting Up A "company"

I would really apprecaite some sound advice from people who have decided to build a house here in Chiang mai, and set up a "thai company" rather than trusting their thai sweethearts with the lot !! :D

What kind of companies have people been setting up, in order to have a "degree of legal security" over their newly built/bought homes, here in Chiang mai. And what problems have you faced? if any, in this procedure of setting up and actual running of a "thai company" for the sole purpose of owning a house...

Also because i have family in the UK i will only be spending 6 months of the year here in Chiang mai and the other 6 months in England visiting family/working.. Is anybody else in a similar situation when it comes to splitting their time between countries..If so how do you manage this ? :o

I got quite heavily involved in this a few years ago, but not recently. I believe they have changed the procedure in that your 'shareholders' (nominees), now have to provide proof of investment in the company, effectively ceasing the creation of non-trading companies.

As the poster above pointed out quite clearly it is illegal, there are thousands here who have done it, but unless there is a new workaround that I haven't heard of you will struggle.

I got quite heavily involved in this a few years ago, but not recently. I believe they have changed the procedure in that your 'shareholders' (nominees), now have to provide proof of investment in the company, effectively ceasing the creation of non-trading companies.

As the poster above pointed out quite clearly it is illegal, there are thousands here who have done it, but unless there is a new workaround that I haven't heard of you will struggle.

Couldn't the OP get around the 'having to show proof of investment' by simply buying a second hand company? Just a thought as I see some people attempting to sell property stating 'company included if needed'.