Pattaya Wi-fi Hotspots: Is There A List Of Locations?

LynnSmith

Many many bars have free wifi for customers, just look for the signs, and purchase a cup of coffee.

BigC, Royal Garden, Avenue etc are all wifi, they seem to be mostly True, which is free for subscribers but will cost you a few baht if not.

same same, up north end, we have it soi 6 corner bar, tropical berts, jamesons, gulivers, not sure on queen vic, but most have it!

chris

Any one know of hot spots on the Darkside :o

I only know of 3 places,

The Mabprachan Resort (but every time I go there Monty talks me into giving him an hours free IT lesson :D )

The Fishermans Rest

Chonaladas Coffee Shop

any others?

Edited by kurgen

Know a few bar owners who won't have Wi-Fi In the bar, as it just encourages people to have one water or coke or coffee and then sit in the bar for 4 hours.

any way who goes out on the piss with a lap top under there arm. :D

After all look at the sad gits in Starbucks in the afternoon :D

Nice for a hotel or resort, but a bar not so good for the takings. :D

They might even push the boat right out, and by some som-tam and bring it in to the bar to eat as well, so they don't spend and more money in the bar.. :D

One thing I have seen is Laptop don't work to well, after they have water dripped on the keyboard from the bottom of a glass. always a laugh. :D

A bars is a bar, lets keep it that way. Beer, Birds and Tab's :o

Edited by plasticpig

Know a few bar owners who won't have Wi-Fi In the bar, as it just encourages people to have one water or coke or coffee and then sit in the bar for 4 hours.

They might even push the boat right out, and by some som-tam and bring it in to the bar to eat as well, so they don't spend and more money in the bar.. :D

One thing I have seen is Laptop don't work to well, after they have water dripped on the keyboard from the bottom of a glass. always a laugh. :D

HAHA JUST LIKE THAT :D

wasn't really on about bars.

Out of the three I mentioned one's a resort, one's a coffee shop and the other's a bar/restaurant. Not a knocking shop amongst them :D

• 4 months later...

The "Avenue" shopping center on Second Road has a few free wi-fi spots:

Shanannigans, the New Zealand juice bar (that signal can also be accessed from the restaurant in Villa), Coffee World (that signal can also be accessed from certain seats in Starbucks, and JuiceOMania. MacDonalds also, but no power points. McD coffee is pretty good.

In the Royal Garden Plaza, only Coffee World has free wi-fi.

Edited by SmartFarang

Any one know of hot spots on the Darkside :o

I only know of 3 places,

The Mabprachan Resort (but every time I go there Monty talks me into giving him an hours free IT lesson :D )

The Fishermans Rest

Chonaladas Coffee Shop

any others?

Dao Cafe/resort (Chatkeauw 9 Village)

the sportsman soi 13 had excellent wi fi internet but you may need to buy a coffee

I was there a few days ago and in order to use the Wi-Fi you have to buy a scratch card from behind the bar, which, when you work out the rate, you won't want to bother...!

Edited by syd barrett

Does anyone know of any Wi-Fi hotspots along Jomtien beach road that could be accessed from the beach? I don't mind taking the kids to the beach, but I can only take so much of it myself; I would like to be able to do some browsing while putting down a few brews.

Ron's Internet Cafe has a number of hotspots in the area, you will have to check with your own computer what reception is like at any particular place. You can get cards from Ron's, about half way up Soi 5 and also the internet cafe just inside Soi 5 from Beach Road. Have not used them for a couple of years so I do not know what the cost is now. Used to reasonable though. Main problem I found was that sometimes speeds were a bit slow. Might be worth it to keep your sanity while the kids are swimming.

I agree with PP - I don't wander round town with my laptop - if I'm on the Net I'm at home or in an Internet shop.

If I'm on the town, then I'm on the town - shopping. eating, drinking or other activities that we won't mention (well, alright - windsurfing, go-karting, bungy-jumping, paint-gun shooting)

None of that mixes with a laptop.

Does anyone have a list of all the wifi hotspots in Pattaya? I'm especially interested in ones that are FREE. Anything near the Royal Garden, The Avenue shopping Center areas?

thanks!

very nice place with 6MB high speed is the oasis restaurant inside diana estate/soi boukao....great inexpensive food, super fast wifi and relaxing garden atmosphere in the middle of town. getting very popular with good people...

• 5 months later...

Coffee World offers free WiFi. They are located in Royal Garden Plaza and The Avenue.

Does anyone have a list of all the wifi hotspots in Pattaya? I'm especially interested in ones that are FREE. Anything near the Royal Garden, The Avenue shopping Center areas?

thanks!

Why don't you buy a wifi hotspot detector?

I used to have one of these myself, more of a novelty than any practical value.

:DYES you can detect where there is at least one wifi network.

:oBUT many networks are secure, or password protected so you cannot connect.

Better to use the Stickman "Free wifi hotspots in Thailand" guide on his stickmanbangkok website, as recommended by earlier posters.

And if you find any new locations or ones that are not working, let him know so that he can update his site.

There is supposed to be a some free WIFI by TOT/CAT along beach road

I haven't tried it though.

www.pattayadailynews.com/shownews.php?IDNEWS=0000008627

www.pattayatoday.net/index.php?action=show&type=news&id=4631

The "Avenue" shopping center on Second Road has a few free wi-fi spots:

Shanannigans, the New Zealand juice bar (that signal can also be accessed from the restaurant in Villa), Coffee World (that signal can also be accessed from certain seats in Starbucks, and JuiceOMania. MacDonalds also, but no power points. McD coffee is pretty good.

In the Royal Garden Plaza, only Coffee World has free wi-fi.

McDonalds does have power points. Used them myself some time ago.

• 2 months later...