Longer Than 30 Days In Thailand?

I'm flying to Thailand from the States on June 22, arriving in BKK on June 23rd at 11:40pm. My situation is this: I booked my return flight on July 24. I was planning on doing a Visa run over to Laos while I was there visiting a friend. However, a friend just recently brought to my attention that I may have trouble flying out the states or even entering Thailand because it's beyond the 30 day limit on this "Visa on Arrival". What are my options? Changing the dates will incur a hefty charge because of my ticket fare type. I don't know if I have enought time to send my passport out and obtain a 60 tourist visa. Do I risk going to the airport without an outbound flight during my time in Thailand or do I cough up the $350 dollars to change my flight? What's the easiest and most painless way to keep my dates without paying a fortune?

Contact the airline and explain your situation. It is up to them and some are more relaxed than others. Might help if you can show an invitation from your friend in Laos. Just email so you have a reply in wrting. If they say no you will have to get a tourist visa.

Well, I don't think you'll have any trouble boarding your flight and getting through immigration here, but that's easy for me to say. I do understand your concern. If you are that worried about it, then your cheapest option is to book a flight out of Thailand to say Laos, Cambodia, Malaysia etc for sometime in your first 30 days online via www.airasia.com. They issue e-tickets so you can do it from the U.S. no worries. Then you'll be able to show the airline/immigration that you have a valid ticket to leave if they should ask you.

Edited by thecatman