Property In Nakhon Sawan

tomahawk

Hello everyone in Nakhon Sawan.I just got back from there.I would have posted up message but only there for 1 day otherwise I would have looked up the members.I went to look at this land and house thats for sale.It is on the main road going through Mae Wong.At least I think its a main road but I dont know the name of it it is near a radio station,The house is run down somewhat as noone lives there for some time.It is a Thai house with 1 Thai bathroom downstairs,1 big room upstairs.It needs a new ceiling and floors,but structurally seems okay.It comes with 23 rai of land which ncludes numerous fruit trees and a pond.But anyway it doesnt matter because I talked to bank who said they would lend money but now I find there is no chanote for land and according to my girlfriends family bank will not lend money for land purchase without this,so maybe I will not be moving to NS any time soon,but I am still planning to do so.

Next month I am coming down again for Buddhist holiday,and I hope to meet NS farangs while I am there.

Hello Xerostar.The asking price for the land and house is 1 million baht.Basically it is a free house as it is on 23 rai of land.Last I knew 2 other people were interested but could not come up with the money.Lady who owns land lives in Korea,but her daughter is handling the sale and lives in Bangkok.If you are interested I could put you in touch with the owners.Just send a PM.

Thanks for your replies Tomahawk.

1 Million Baht ... for 26 Rai?

Did the land have a "Chanote" (with freehold title)?

or was it

"Sor Por Kor" title - this is what we purchased and the price was 15,000 per Rai (114 Rai)

i.e. 390,000 Baht for 26 Rai. (farmland in Uthai Thani) One year ago.

If the land was only "Sor Por Kor" then 1 Million Baht would make it definitely very overpriced (in Mae Wong).

Your description of the house would indicate that it would not be worth very much considering you can

build a nice 3 bedroom house with kitchen, bathroom and large living room for about 500,000 Baht.

We paid 20,000 Baht per Rai for some prime flat land facing a main road in Uthai Thani. (43 Rai)

We also bought a 10 Rai plot near Sansao Kai Tor for 20,000 Baht per Rai (both with scheme water and Power)

There are a lot of references on this forum discussing the pros and cons of different land titles.

We just made sure the seller was genuine and had all the paperwork checked by the local Chief (Poo Yai Bahn)

We actually had a meeting with the family that was selling, together with the agent. All paperwork was

completed there and I even took some photos (with permission) to show proof of the transaction

We had the use of a photocopier (computer/printer) so everyone had a copy of the important papers.

In this case there were several family members needed, since there was a limit on how much each person was allowed to own (I believe 50 Rai max per person - if Sor por kor)

If it was Chanote title then there is no limit on the area allowed per person.

You would need to be very careful buying land where the owner is not present.

Evidently there have been many newbies caught out buying land that was already encumbered and the seller has scarpered with the money.

Xerostar thank you for the information.You obviously know what you are talking about.Yes the land has sor por kor as you said.And the house is not much as you said,though it can be fixed up but as you said you can build house cheaply.I have 1 question though,if you have time.I thought building prices have gone up so much you cannot build a house like you said for that much anymore. I live in Chiang Mai and most of the houses built around here are like 1.6 million baht or more. Thanks

Yes that price would be about right for Chang Mai.

But I think a lot of those houses are architect designed and have western style mod cons.

The house we built for my sister in law is single concrete brick, Fibro roof,

suspended ceiling. we added glass wool bats for insulation in the ceiling.

The kitchen is standard basic - "cupboards" built from cement bricks covered in tiles.

Bathroom - hand flush western toilet (use a dipper), shower - cold water only.

Even so the SIL is very very happy after having lived in a tin shack for many years.

See pics below:

We saved a lot because the SIL's brother did a lot of the concrete, tiling etc.

The SIL's husband is a paraplegic and he helped a lot with the plumbing.

His brother is a sparky so that part did not cost much either.

BEFORE:

post-18347-1214472398_thumb.jpg

AFTER:

post-18347-1214472475_thumb.jpg

Xerostar,you really did a great job with this house.The house in Nakhon Sawan is much bigger and in better shape..It could really be a good house for someone who could do the work.I know it sounds like I am a real estate agent but really I have no connection with owners and have never even met them.Just think it is a shame all that land going to waste.I would have bought it if I had the money,but as you pointed out not really such a bargain.It was also a nice thing you did for SIL and paraplegic husband. Cheers

• 5 months later...

Hi,

My wife is from Nakhon Sawan, we've just had a baby girl in the U.K and are looking to move out there next year sometime and am interested in looking at property/land in the area.

Please could you provide me with the contact details please.

Where do you go to find properties like these, I spent a little bit of time looking around on the internet for property/land in Nakhon Sawan, but so far only found the majority of websites selling properties in Chang Mai, Phuket, BKK, Hua Hin etc..

Regards

Arran.

Hi,

My wife is from Nakhon Sawan, we've just had a baby girl in the U.K and are looking to move out there next year sometime and am interested in looking at property/land in the area.

Please could you provide me with the contact details please.

Where do you go to find properties like these, I spent a little bit of time looking around on the internet for property/land in Nakhon Sawan, but so far only found the majority of websites selling properties in Chang Mai, Phuket, BKK, Hua Hin etc..

Regards

Arran.

Answered in your other topic on the subject :o