Leave Or Report ?

Hi Everyone,

I just got my first 1 yr Non 'O" based on marriage and I am not sure if i have to leave at 90 days (border run) or report ?

They put a 90 stamp in my passport when I arrived so I assume I have to leave and re-enter but would appreciate someone clarifying it for me ?

Any help please

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I just got my first 1 yr Non 'O" based on marriage and I am not sure if i have to leave at 90 days (border run) or report ?

They put a 90 stamp in my passport when I arrived so I assume I have to leave and re-enter but would appreciate someone clarifying it for me ?

Any help please

Thanks

If you have a Multi Entry Non Imm O you have to leave and come back every 90 days.

My first one year visa was a non-immigrant "O" and I had to leave every ninety days. I wasn't aware of it at the time, but I believe if you leave and return toward the end of your one year you can actually get almost 15 months stay in Thailand with that type of visa, as you'll get a new 90 day stamp when you re-enter. Maybe someone else can verify that.

My first one year visa was a non-immigrant "O" and I had to leave every ninety days. I wasn't aware of it at the time, but I believe if you leave and return toward the end of your one year you can actually get almost 15 months stay in Thailand with that type of visa, as you'll get a new 90 day stamp when you re-enter. Maybe someone else can verify that.

So assuming financial requirements can be met i.e 40,000B per month based on marriage to thai can an extension of stay be applied for within first 90 days or is it better to wait until your last border run ?

I was thinking along the lines of obtaining NON 'O' in the UK and coming to LOS,entering on said visa

and applying for the extension before my 90 days were up.

Basically to save me the hassle of a border run.

Any advice chaps :o

For the OP it sounds as though you have a multi-entry visa and must leave and re-enter

every 90 days.

Later, assuming you can meet the 40K baht a month income, you can apply

for one year extension based on your marriage at any time.

After that you will need to report every 90 days, not leave.

So assuming financial requirements can be met i.e 40,000B per month based on marriage to thai can an extension of stay be applied for within first 90 days or is it better to wait until your last border run ?

I was thinking along the lines of obtaining NON 'O' in the UK and coming to LOS,entering on said visa

and applying for the extension before my 90 days were up.

Basically to save me the hassle of a border run.

Any advice chaps :o

Up to you. It would be a waste of money buying a Multi Entry and applying for the Marriage Extension on the first entry.

As long as you think that the income requirement is no problem you only need a single entry.

Thanks for the info thats cleared that up lovely :D

Single entry it is then,apply for extension with at least 21 days left on visa

Am I correct ?

Could you please confirm which application form i use for extension and is form available here for

download :o

Thanks in advance

Thanks for the info thats cleared that up lovely :D

Single entry it is then,apply for extension with at least 21 days left on visa

Am I correct ?

Could you please confirm which application form i use for extension and is form available here for

download :o

Thanks in advance

You can apply with 30 days left on your stay.