Driving Bkk To Rayong - How?!?

wjmark

Hi,

Anyone help me please?

I arrive at Moshit bus station at 5;30am with my little CBR150 on the bus.

What is the easiest way to head towards Rayong?

Thanks, wj

CBR150 - that's a small motorcycle, btw

ie, how do I ride my motorbike from Moshit bus station towards the Rayong highway?

thanks

Search Google for "map of Bangkok". One of the maps which is printed at the top of the search results is: www.guidetothailand.com/maps-thailand/map-bangkok At the top centre of that map you will find the Morchit bus terminal (labelled on the map as "Northeastern Bus Terminal". Your objective is to get to the lower right (southeastern) corner of the map, on Sukhumwit Road. Follow Sukhumwit past Soi 103/1, then turn left (east) on the Bang Na - Trat Highway, a major road which has an overhead expressway above it. From the corner of Sukhumwit and Bang Na - Trat Roads, it is about 200 km to Rayong. Follow Hwy. 3 (Sukhumwit) about 130 km. until just before you get to Pattaya. Turn left there on Hwy. 36 for Rayong.

Because you will be riding a motorcycle, you are not allowed to use the expressways.

That's gonna be a long and perhaps dangerous ride - be careful I can't tell you how to get out of town since you can't use the motorway but once you out of BKK head towards Chonburi. after passing Chonburi, you'll see signs with Pattaya & Rayong. About 40 minutes from Conburi, you'll see a sign with an Arrow poiting left with Rayong printed on it and a sign with an arrow pointing straight with Pattaya printed on it. Take a left a - be sure you're on Highway 36 which will take you straight into Rayong.

Thanks!

As I am coming from CM, it was suggested that I miss Bkk completely- which is fine by me!!!

Out at the Tesco Lotus in Ayudya, and head to Rayong that way. A little further, but much easier and faster...

I hope!

(I had forgotten that bikes aren't allowed on expressways)

Hire a driver (songtaoy for the bike) cost you about 1,200 bhat. Believe me, it's worth it. I driven my Phatom twice from Rayong to BKK and back. Never again. Be safe. You moving to Rayong? Neeh help finding a place? I've been here 12 years - know lots of folks....

Thanks everyone!

I got dropped on the side of the road near the Tesco Lotus in Ayuthaya. Saw a sign to Pattaya, and followed it for about 15 k. Ended up at the toll-motorway, and they let me through!!!!

And without paying!

I blasted along for about an hour (running a few toll booths along the way), and made it close to Chonburi, and got onto the regular highway.

Driving was fine (I did 125-145 almost all the way), and only got a little bit wet...

My first day in Rayong, someone stole my new 'REAL' helmet - sigh.

Thanks again,

Mark