Cheating The Thai Government On Land Declaration?

Just my opinion but I think the land office are the people that actually know the real price/value off a piece off land

just because some ferang pay well over the odds for what is basically a piece off jungle land of which there is shed loads about does not mean that that it is real value I think if they new some of the prices payed they would struggle to hide their laughter in the office

nonsense - Thais do the same - I have sold condos to Thais and declared half the price and vice versa. It's endemic and with all due respect you are obviously not in the business.

I think you are missing my point you are talking about condos I am talking about land and yes you are right I'm not in the bussiness how ever the land office is hence they know the real value.

Look at it this way if you want to take a loan agaisnt your property/land the banks are not going to judge amount on what you paid they will use figures from land office,but hey perhaps some people know better than the banks and land office

I think you are missing my point you are talking about condos I am talking about land and yes you are right I'm not in the bussiness how ever the land office is hence they know the real value.

Look at it this way if you want to take a loan agaisnt your property/land the banks are not going to judge amount on what you paid they will use figures from land office,but hey perhaps some people know better than the banks and land office

wrongggggg! if a house cost 2.5m the banks loan against this - they don't talk to the Land Office - leave your 'western' logic behind

Really how do the banks know you are the real owner then without checking chanote and records at land office

If I'm so wrong perhaps you. Can tell me how the banks will value property/land then if you want to take a loan out on it

Really how do the banks know you are the real owner then without checking chanote and records at land office

If I'm so wrong perhaps you. Can tell me how the banks will value property/land then if you want to take a loan out on it

As far as I'm aware, the owner of the land has the Chanote in his/her possession. They then give/show it to the bank, along with the contract showing how much was paid for it, then the bank sends someone to come and have a look at the land/property to make sure it's in a decent state of repair etc. Then they decide how much they will lend against it.

The bank don't go to the land office.

As far as I'm aware, the owner of the land has the Chanote in his/her possession. They then give/show it to the bank, along with the contract showing how much was paid for it, then the bank sends someone to come and have a look at the land/property to make sure it's in a decent state of repair etc. Then they decide how much they will lend against it.

The bank don't go to the land office.

Exactly!

but this guy thinks he's an expert and isn't in the mood to listen

jeeze....... you really think the banks talk to the land office lor? what a quaint notion whistling.gif

Wow so all you need is some fake paper work and your away I wouldn't expect the bank to go to the actual land office but surely a few phone calls are made to verify the paperwork

you ever seen a Chanod? with official stamps? (I have several)

Don't know what your problem is chaingmaifun you come across as very upyourself I don't claim to be an expert already told you not in the bussiness just curious about things sorry didn't realize we are not allowed opinions or to ask questions here we don't all claim to be no it alls

Don't know what your problem is chaingmaifun you come across as very upyourself I don't claim to be an expert already told you not in the bussiness just curious about things sorry didn't realize we are not allowed opinions or to ask questions here we don't all claim to be no it alls

Oooooo! that's what we need an insulting post! I told you the answers but you seem to think you know everything - I am in the property business and actually KNOW and tried to tell you but you argued that YOU knew best and you don't

i give up

Edited by ChiangMaiFun

I'm just going to post what happened a few years ago when my wife bought a few rai. We met the sellers of the land before going to the land department office for the transfer. My wife told me that they wanted to declare a lower price to the land office. She discussed this with her brother and with me. I told her I read that this was not uncommon. I don't know what my brother-in-law said, but in the end she agreed to go along with their request even though she wasn't too happy about it. Two main reasons she agreed were 1) we knew the value of the land had already increased at least 25% since we provided a deposit for the land 3 months earlier and 2) the seller was paying all of the transfer fees and taxes. I don't know what the final declared price was, but I asked the question here on Thai Visa how that price would affect our future taxes and fees if we ever decided to sell the property in the future. The answer to this was that it has no affect at all. The land department doesn't use the price of past sales to determine the amount of taxes and fees that are paid when the land is transfered again.

I'm just going to post what happened a few years ago when my wife bought a few rai. We met the sellers of the land before going to the land department office for the transfer. My wife told me that they wanted to declare a lower price to the land office. She discussed this with her brother and with me. I told her I read that this was not uncommon. I don't know what my brother-in-law said, but in the end she agreed to go along with their request even though she wasn't too happy about it. Two main reasons she agreed were 1) we knew the value of the land had already increased at least 25% since we provided a deposit for the land 3 months earlier and 2) the seller was paying all of the transfer fees and taxes. I don't know what the final declared price was, but I asked the question here on Thai Visa how that price would affect our future taxes and fees if we ever decided to sell the property in the future. The answer to this was that it has no affect at all. The land department doesn't use the price of past sales to determine the amount of taxes and fees that are paid when the land is transfered again.

that's right - it only effects you if you want to transfer out of the country - if you do not it's irrelevant

It is a good discussion, but don't worry too much about the OP. He hasn't responded to this thread in 3 years.

I think he was simply convinced to buy extra land that didn't exist and the girlfriend was making up a story to cover up her little scam.

Wow so all you need is some fake paper work and your away I wouldn't expect the bank to go to the actual land office but surely a few phone calls are made to verify the paperwork

I don't think it's as easy as that to fake a Chanote. Also, before the bank will lend the money there's lot's of paperwork to be signed, a visit to your home by the bank, other people in the neighbourhood witness it, copies of ID cardsetc. and, I'm not sure about the big cities, but in smaller areas, everyone is known by everyone else as well.

Also the land office are a pain in the arse to deal with! :lol:

I suppose it's technically possible to commit fraud but that's the same everywhere really, most people don't and the one's that do often get caught.