Police Raid Soi Cowboy

breezein

I took a friend to Soi Cowboy on Sunday night and had been there for about an hour when pandamonium struck. Outside were the BIB IN FORCE closing all the bars. WHY

We then went to Nana and watched Euro 2008 until 4am not a policeman to be seen.

I can only assume tea money comes before tourism.

I took a friend to Soi Cowboy on Sunday night and had been there for about an hour when pandamonium struck. Outside were the BIB IN FORCE closing all the bars. WHY

We then went to Nana and watched Euro 2008 until 4am not a policeman to be seen.

I can only assume tea money comes before tourism.

They still believe the tourism is for the culture haha

It is related to the fracas that broke out earlier in the evening with a lively dispute between two foreign bar owners, each which have bars opposite each other. Glasses were thrown, punches were thrown and some very, very nasty threats were made.

I assume the police closed things up to try and cool things down.

It is related to the fracas that broke out earlier in the evening with a lively dispute between two foreign bar owners, each which have bars opposite each other. Glasses were thrown, punches were thrown and some very, very nasty threats were made.

That was Saturday at midnight..unless there was a re-run, i was not that piss@d

I was passing the soi when it happened.

I called a (Police Officer) friend of mine, and asked why.

The "fantastic official reason" was:

The authorities expected a political demonstration in that area during the morning hours, so they found out that they should just close the area down as early as possible. They wanted to stop the alcohol consumption.

Honestly, Im not kidding here!

I met this friend of mine yesterday for a few drinks, and he confirmed again this reason.

I reminded him about the total revenue loss this small soi suffered due to this stupidity.

He just nodded, a bit ashamed.

That was Saturday at midnight..unless there was a re-run, i was not that piss@d

For sure there was an incident Saturday night at that time.