Areka Lodge..Laser Eye Surgery

pepsi666

I stayed at the Areca Lodge recently and I saw lots of people wqearing what looked like safety glasses, it turned out that they had laser surgery on their eyes

Was anyone in these forums among them ?

I'm trying to find out if these laser (or Lasik) eye surgery proceedures are any good, if they were succesful and if they were any cheaper than the UK

Has anyone else ever had it done ?

Has anyone had any other surgery done ? Like tooth implants ? What was the cost and were they any good ?

Are the hospitals any better than the UK ?

Are the surgeons any good, whats the after care like in these hospitals ?

I'm thinking of getting both done, but the cost in the UK is horrendously high, and then there is this MRSA thing (why dont other hospitals outside suffer from this ?)

Any helpful replies would be appreciated :o

Odd topic title for a post regarding medical services?

I only know that it's cheaper here than UK.

I have friends that have had Lasik treatment to the eyes that think it's wonderful, and I have friends that think it's the worse mistake they made.

I guess you'll only find out after you've had it done.

I stayed at the Areca Lodge recently and I saw lots of people wqearing what looked like safety glasses, it turned out that they had laser surgery on their eyes

Was anyone in these forums among them ?

I'm trying to find out if these laser (or Lasik) eye surgery proceedures are any good, if they were succesful and if they were any cheaper than the UK

Has anyone had any other surgery done ? Like tooth implants ? What was the cost and were they any good ?

Are the hospitals any better than the UK ?

Are the surgeons any good, whats the after care like in these hospitals ?

I'm thinking of getting both done, but the cost in the UK is horrendously high, and then there is this MRSA thing (why dont other hospitals outside suffer from this ?)

Any helpful replies would be appreciated :o

Areka Lodge,thats near Slices Pizza,me thinks.Or the original one at least .There are so many now.

What with owner Bobby also owning Platinum Motorbikes on Third Road and having just launched WOW, the new restaurant delivery service in

Pattaya seems he could be taking over the joint!

To get back to the point just wait a little and you may be able to get Medical Services with your food delivery ,courtesy of Bobby !!!

Happy Operating :D

Not really any different from asking about anything else, I have seen even stranger requests in the forums :o and even stranger replies

I was hoping to find someone in here who had actually had any of these treatments and what they thought of them, didnt really know what to put as a title topic, so I just used the hotel name that I stayed at and hoped some people who had the treatments may respond

Not really any different from asking about anything else, I have seen even stranger requests in the forums :o and even stranger replies

I was hoping to find someone in here who had actually had any of these treatments and what they thought of them, didnt really know what to put as a title topic, so I just used the hotel name that I stayed at and hoped some people who had the treatments may respond

i had mine done over 5 years ago at BPH.

i have been very happy with the results

Was that the lasik or laser eye surgery ?

Can you pm with cost, hospital care and after service, please ? (unless you dont mind posting here?)

From what i've learn't about laser eye surgery is that the results after treatment vary from person to person due to the level of short/long sightness that they had before surgery.

The more impaired vision one has before surgery, the better the results.

You would need a consultation to assess the amount of impaired vision that you have before knowing whether you are eligable or not.

From what i've learn't about laser eye surgery is that the results after treatment vary from person to person due to the level of short/long sightness that they had before surgery.

The more impaired vision one has before surgery, the better the results.

You would need a consultation to assess the amount of impaired vision that you have before knowing whether you are eligable or not.

http://lasikdisaster.com/

Was that the lasik or laser eye surgery ?

Can you pm with cost, hospital care and after service, please ? (unless you dont mind posting here?)

i had it done at BPH, it was lasik surgery

both eyes were £475 equivalent at the time when the baht was around 73-75=£1

they operated on a friday night at 6-30pm

i went back the next morning for check, then 2 days later, then a week later, then 2 weeks later, then 1 month later, then 3 months later, then 6 months later then 1 year later

all included in the price

i hope that helps

Search this forum as there have been lengthy prior threads on this topic.

I had lasik done at the Thai Refractive Surgery Center (TRSC) and very happy with the results , google their website which will give prices. They are at the higher end pricewise but also tops in quality, Lasik is being offered all over the place, you are well advised to not consider other than the TRSC and major hospitals.

Like any surgical procedure there are risks and possible complications. Also the likely benefits vary with the indiviudal case. Specifically ask prospective surgeon to tell you, in percentages, what your odds are for achieveing adeuate vision and also what the complication rate would be.