Wp To Freelance In Media?

I'm from the UK, got UK family living in Bangkok and would like to join them for 6 - 12 months.

I'm a freelance cameraman for TV and my partner works in TV production. We've been in touch with a few companies who have said there is a lack of good cameraman in Thailand and would be very interested in employing me - on a freelance basis.

Speaking to Hull I think I can get a B visa with out much trouble. But what about a work permit when we get there? Can you get them to work in media? and what about the freelance aspect/working for a number of different companies etc? I would hope my income would be a reasonable amount and media doesn't seem to be on the list of non-permitted jobs.

This is my first post on here, so any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

you are correct, there is a lack of good camera men in Thailand

I had a friend who was doing the same as you before, and the way he did it was by setting up his own company, thus gaining a work permit.

your best bet is to speak with a law firm , IE sunbelt Asia or Siam Legal, as they will be able to give you the best advise and help you out

Cheers

Boater

I'm from the UK, got UK family living in Bangkok and would like to join them for 6 - 12 months.

I'm a freelance cameraman for TV and my partner works in TV production. We've been in touch with a few companies who have said there is a lack of good cameraman in Thailand and would be very interested in employing me - on a freelance basis.

Speaking to Hull I think I can get a B visa with out much trouble. But what about a work permit when we get there? Can you get them to work in media? and what about the freelance aspect/working for a number of different companies etc? I would hope my income would be a reasonable amount and media doesn't seem to be on the list of non-permitted jobs.

This is my first post on here, so any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

I'm a photographer and writer doing freelance here. At least in my areas, it is darn close to impossible to get a work permit if one is freelancing. There is a Media visa Non Im M I believe, but you wont be getting it as a freelancer. Your best bet would be setting up your own company, and I am sure Sunbelt can set you up with this, but it will involve some cash (not to the legal firm outside of their standard charges, but for you paying tax, hiring Thais, insurance, et al...)