TOT

ขออภัยในความไม่สะดวก

เนื่องจากมีรูปภาพ หรือข้อความที่ไม่เหมาะสม ในเว็บไซต์ที่ท่านต้องการเข้าชม

สอบถามข้อมูลเพิ่มเติมได้ที่

" กระทรวงเทคโนโลยีสารสนเทศและการสื่อสาร "

อาคาร 9 บริษัท ทีโอที จำกัด (มหาชน) ถนแจ้งวัฒนะ เขตหลักสี่ กรุงเทพฯ 10210

โทร 0-2505-7147,0-2568-2498

Sorry,

The web site you are accessing has been blocked by the requested of The Communication Authority of Thailand.

For more information please contact:

Ministry of Information an Communication Technology

Building 9, TOT PCL Chaeng Wattana Rd. Laksi Bangkok 10210

Tel. 0-2505-7147,0-2568-2498

---

and in the cource code of that page: <!--squid/2.6.STABLE5--> ...

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This morning getting a TOT blocked website on TOT goldcyber...strange was working yesterday...b*stards

Or is it a speed/broadband matter, since in rural Isaan Bestcyber and YouTube is just wishful thinking....

In the pinned YouTube thread above users are reporting receiving the formal 'This site is banned' page.

Have to say today the international service is very poor, using True.

Regards

PS I'm unable to get onto BBC news, Yahoo mail and oddly The Nation this morning.<sigh>

Edited by A_Traveller

I found a work around. It's a bit slower than normal youtube, but at least I can view videos. Try http://www.trixme.com. You'll have to be sure to uncheck the "remove flash" option after you get on the page and then click "Go" again. Good luck!

Thanks for that. :D I have tried other proxies and always got the youtube page ok, but couldn't get the video to play.

o

Thailand appears desperate to find any excuse to block youtube. The "offending video" was the red herring that the authorities wanted people to see, and so justify a ban. Just like the cover-all, no-need-for-an-excuse "lese majeste" law here... :o

I found a work around. It's a bit slower than normal youtube, but at least I can view videos. Try http://www.trixme.com. You'll have to be sure to uncheck the "remove flash" option after you get on the page and then click "Go" again. Good luck!

Thanks for that. :D I have tried other proxies and always got the youtube page ok, but couldn't get the video to play.

o

Thailand appears desperate to find any excuse to block youtube. The "offending video" was the red herring that the authorities wanted people to see, and so justify a ban. Just like the cover-all, no-need-for-an-excuse "lese majeste" law here... :o

Thanks for trying to help, but I tried the website suggested with no luck.  I still have the same problem; I can access the Youtube page, the video downloads, but just won't play.  I guess I need to contact TOT here in Pattaya and see what they have to say.  Does anyone know if CAT ADSL is available in Pattaya on the Dark Side (east of Sukcumvit)?

TOT ADSL 1024 in Pattaya. Yesterday I was able to access YouTube for a very short time and downloaded a clip using Real. But YT is out again. Not too long ago I read in the BKK Post that the authorities had found at least thirty "objectionable" clips on YouTube. Didn't say what they were about. Maybe the King? Or Thaksin? Anyway I thought then that trouble was looming again for YouTube in Thailand and hoped that only the "bad" clips would be blocked. No such luck. Maybe this time the authorities do the blocking in a stealthy way to avoid renewed irritating remonstrances from Big Brother USA. :D

Or I'm just overly suspicious and it's just a cyber problem between TOT and YouTube. In that case my humble apologies to TOT and the "authorities" for imagining a censorship conspiracy! :D

Anyway I'm glad to have found this thread and be thus assured that my PC has not gone to the dogs! :o

It may be my pc set up (which was fine and hasn't been changed as far as I know) or the fact I use TOT as a server, but I can't play You Tube vids on You Tube or Facebook.

Anyone else on TOT experiencing this? I say TOT because recently we (TOT users) couldn't even get on the site at all.

Alternatively, any suggestions to what I need? I think all my players are there and working.

There's been quite a bit of discussion in the recent past on ThaiVisa about this very thing. The upshot of the discussions is that most of us have decided that TOT has basically blocked the website's ability to deliver streaming video, possibly because it took so much bandwidth. I wish there was an effective way we could all protest and make them reverse the situation.

There is a way to get some YouTube VDO clips streaming again. Works for me. Hope it'll work for everybody.

Check out these clips

(Myanmar holds vote) and
(Venezuela Kiteboarding World Tour). I'm subscribed with YT so search for these clips if my links don't work with you. In the "Rate (5 stars) - Views" rectangular box underneath the VDO screen there is a "watch in high quality" under Views. Click it and the clip will play. Unfortunately not all clips have this standard/high quality choice. Those that don't offer the standard viewer with the forever spinning circle or the beta viewer with the "Sorry. This VDO is no longer available."

There is a way to get some YouTube VDO clips streaming again. Works for me. Hope it'll work for everybody.

Check out these clips

(Myanmar holds vote) and
(Venezuela Kiteboarding World Tour). I'm subscribed with YT so search for these clips if my links don't work with you. In the "Rate (5 stars) - Views" rectangular box underneath the VDO screen there is a "watch in high quality" under Views. Click it and the clip will play. Unfortunately not all clips have this standard/high quality choice. Those that don't offer the standard viewer with the forever spinning circle or the beta viewer with the "Sorry. This VDO is no longer available."

Youtube "higher quality" video crack! I discovered with a proxy on TOT, I can view the videos, if they have a "higher quality" option and I select that option. You can automatically select the "higher quality" option for all videos by adding "&fmt=18" at the end of the web address. It is slower, and you will get significant buffering, but you can get all videos to play on TOT!

Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bF2OPG_G_M&fmt=18

Edit: shit, you may not even need the proxy using this crack, I was able to get the video to stream by just clicking on the link above, no proxy.

Edited by zaphodbeeblebrox

Youtube "higher quality" video crack! I discovered with a proxy on TOT, I can view the videos, if they have a "higher quality" option and I select that option. You can automatically select the "higher quality" option for all videos by adding "&fmt=18" at the end of the web address. It is slower, and you will get significant buffering, but you can get all videos to play on TOT!

Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bF2OPG_G_M&fmt=18

Brillant crack. I tried it with a few clips and it works! TOT is slow for me anyway (1MPS) so I always use Real to download and watch later if the stream is jerky.

There is still a problem with embedded clips which are unavailable but that I can search on YT if I'm really interested.

Wonder what the problem is? In the US Comcast and other ISP have a dim view on high VDO broadband usage and would like to install brakes on big users. Maybe some bright light at TOT has indeed decided that a YT block would clear more pipe flow.

Thanks. All I know is that I have been without youtube for two months, and stayed up very late last night watching youtube videos. I'm happy tired. I haven't tried embedded videos yet, so that will be the next nut to crack. I think you should be able to copy the source code, open a new browsing window, and enter the webpage address and crack into the address bar of the new window to watch the embeded video.

I haven't tried embedded videos yet, so that will be the next nut to crack. I think you should be able to copy the source code, open a new browsing window, and enter the webpage address and crack into the address bar of the new window to watch the embeded video.

Here is a link to an embedded YouTube in a web page (just one among many!). Scroll down, left. You'll find more right of page.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-rees/h...d_b_103332.html

As soon as you click the play button you get the "Sorry. VDO no longer available" message. How can you crack that? Only way I can see is to search for these clips on YouTube and use the "high quality" setting (either available or cracked). :o

Thanks again for sharing your crack. It's a sanity saver! :D

At last. Thanks very much for this tip, it works, I can now view vids again but I still cant download them ? when I try with my youtube downloader 2.2.1.2 it comes up with the message. " Output folder does not exists " don't know whats going on there ?

Here is a link to an embedded YouTube in a web page (just one among many!). Scroll down, left. You'll find more right of page.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-rees/h...d_b_103332.html

As soon as you click the play button you get the "Sorry. VDO no longer available" message. How can you crack that? Only way I can see is to search for these clips on YouTube and use the "high quality" setting (either available or cracked). :o

Thanks again for sharing your crack. It's a sanity saver! :D

Use the select text function (like you're doing a cut 'n paste) and highlight the text immediately precedeing the embedded video. Right-click that selected text and you will get a menu - click on view selection source. A new window will pop up giving you the source code. If it gives you code for the full page, use find from the menu bar and look for "youtube". You can then cut and paste the youtube web address, with the "&fmt=18" added, and insert it as the web address in a new browser page. It's a lot harder than clicking on an embedded video, but it's easier than a youtube search.

At last. Thanks very much for this tip, it works, I can now view vids again but I still cant download them ? when I try with my youtube downloader 2.2.1.2 it comes up with the message. " Output folder does not exists " don't know whats going on there ?

Yes, indeed, it seems like the YouTube downloader doesn't work with this "high quality" setting. Just download the free RealOne player at http://service.real.com/main.html and you'll be able to download nearly everything, including YouTube clips. Just set the RealPlayer as your default player when you install it and you'll always get a pop up above right of the VDO screen clip asking if you want to download the clip. Super easy!

Just set the RealPlayer as your default player when you install it and you'll always get a pop up above right of the VDO screen clip asking if you want to download the clip. Super easy!

Hi Jayceenik, I have downloaded the real player and set it to my default player as you said but I can not see any pop up above right of the VDO screen clip asking if you want to download the clip is this pop up on the youtube vid or the real player ?

Just set the RealPlayer as your default player when you install it and you'll always get a pop up above right of the VDO screen clip asking if you want to download the clip. Super easy!

Hi Jayceenik, I have downloaded the real player and set it to my default player as you said but I can not see any pop up above right of the VDO screen clip asking if you want to download the clip is this pop up on the youtube vid or the real player ?

Open your real player. Click Tools on the top of the player (not Windows!). In the roll down menu click Preferences (it's the bottom item). In Preferences click Download and Recording (it's the bottom item on the left frame). On the Download and Recording frame that appears on the right check the box Enable Web Downloading and Recording. On same frame down below check the radio button and insert 10 seconds (or whatever, you can always retrieve the download box by mousing over the screen if it disappears). Click OK.

The little Download this Video box will work independently of your real player (open or not, doesn't matter), you will not see real at all, only the web site cum VDO you're watching. It works with near everything: CNN, MSNBC, YouTube, and even with the FLV ads that you get on some web pages!

When you click that download box a bigger box will open which will show the download being initiated and progress. As soon as it gets going you can close the VDO web page (not the box!) and watch that clip later (no need to keep the VDO rolling). Note that if you get TOT internet trouble the download will stop and even announce false completion; check that you got the full MB load. I often get partial downloads on long movies. Just do it again. You'll find the downloaded clip in Windows Explorer>Videos>RealPlayer Downloads (folder automatically set up by real, not by you). Then it's all a matter of playing it. Double click it or open real, click My Library on the second top line and then click All Media or Downloads and Recordings on the left panel that will appear. Your clip should be listed there.

Good luck!