The You Tube Thread

Tony Clifton

Guest Reimar

As the problems with Youtube didn't stopping and a lot new threats opening nearly every day, please post all your problems pp. here.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Cheers.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anybody know what is happeining with YouTube. It allows me to watch some videos, but othere won't load others. For example; I uploaded a video yesterday and couldn't play it, yet my family in Ireland could watch it. Why would this be? I am using an ipstar satelite connection.

I'm having the same problem!

I cant watch the videos I uplod myself....I cant barley watch any videos at all...like if i search 1 out of 10 is loadable...the rest just has that anoying circel showing and a black screen for eeeeever!

Except those linked from youtubes frontpage, there I can watch all!

<deleted>? Weiiiiiird!  :o

Heres an update from my original problems. It gets weirder, and scarier....

As I said 2-3 weeks ago all vids on YT were working fine until about 2 weeks after I took a peek at the previously banned HRH vid! :D

I then started searching all other video sites similar to youtube and in particular google video until this happened.....Google video: DNS server error, Google search: DNS Error, Google Thailand: DNS Error, Gmail: DNS.... google adsense account:dens error. Basically everything Google was DNS error except strangly enough You tube, though still unable to view anything. I then called 2 freinds who lives in the same province and they were able to access what I couldn't but I could access all other webs sites and my download speed was coming in at +1400mb so no excuse for a bad line! :o

I called TOT and to give the guy on the phone his due he worked hard with me for over an hour and tried everything we could. The super admin login to the modem for Tot is usually Admin, Password:tot, so I looked at the log file for the modem and not really knowing what I was looking for I noticed the red traffic lights with Firewalled something or another by the server which were the errors for all the google attempts. Basically I had been blocked to Google access except through a proxy server! After an hour with the guy I aksed him if it possibly would have anything to do with watching the bad video and the response was siltence for quite a while followed by leave it with us we will look into it but, no answer to my question? :D

1 minute after putting down the phone I was back on google and things back to normal excpet still unable to watch certain videos on you tube.

I can only assume that Thailand consider Google to be a threat to national security or whatever excuse they want to give for making sure the general public are dumbed down. It is also fairly obvious to me that the general publics internet activity is being monitored far more than we had previously thought. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Access Denied (license_expired)

A license has expired on the Proxy, and your request is not permitted: "The SGOS license has expired"

A new license must be obtained.

For assistance, contact your network support team.

^^

any idea what this could be

I haven't been able to watch Youtube videos for the better part of the month of April. The Youtube page loads, but I get no picture, only the clockwise moving dots cirling. Occasionally, I can move the slider at the bottom of the viewer to different locations and view still pictures of the video, but the video won't play as if the flash player was faulty. This happens on both my desktop and laptop computers connected to TOT ADSL. What's strange is that I can coppy the URL into a Youtube download program such as Easy Video Downloader, download the video, save it and play it when the download is finished. Is it a TOT ADSL problem or is it a Thailand wide problem among all of the ISP Providers?

Same thing as you PattayaDavid ? the only difference is I can't even use my download program on it ? it's been like this for three days but only youtube ?

I haven't been able to watch Youtube videos for the better part of the month of April. The Youtube page loads, but I get no picture, only the clockwise moving dots cirling. Occasionally, I can move the slider at the bottom of the viewer to different locations and view still pictures of the video, but the video won't play as if the flash player was faulty. This happens on both my desktop and laptop computers connected to TOT ADSL. What's strange is that I can coppy the URL into a Youtube download program such as Easy Video Downloader, download the video, save it and play it when the download is finished. Is it a TOT ADSL problem or is it a Thailand wide problem among all of the ISP Providers?

Exactly my experience.

80% of the videos I want to see (wide variety: music, comedy, political, etc.) can't be streamed, but I can download them for later playing. Very annoying! It has been this way for most of April I use TOT ADSL 1024kb speed service

I'm in Isaan.

I have been trying to watch this video (being just one of many I have tried) of the Bokor Rally in Cambodia
This will not load at all for me. I even tried a proxy but still no good (anyone recommend a good proxy?) Interesting to see if others can watch this vid. If yes, then my case for being blocked is very strong. :o

I can't see it either. They're not pickin' on you alone. :D

I have been trying to watch this video (being just one of many I have tried) of the Bokor Rally in Cambodia
This will not load at all for me. I even tried a proxy but still no good (anyone recommend a good proxy?) Interesting to see if others can watch this vid. If yes, then my case for being blocked is very strong. :o

I can't see it either. They're not pickin' on you alone. :D

I can see it no problems with TRUE ADSL in Bangkok

This is also my experience. It used to happen only occassionally, but now I can't view any videos. I've tried both IE and Firefox and am using ToT. Grrrrrrrr.......

Edited by mrmozambique

This is also my experience. It used to happen only occassionally, but now I can't view any videos. I've tried both IE and Firefox and am using ToT. Grrrrrrrr.......

for me also on TTT Maxnet in Cm its hit and miss. Sometimes I can and sometimes not. I can always get to YT but less than 50/50 on the video part. I just configured up a proxy on a different browser. It's not blocked so nothing illegal in using a proxy. For example I use Firefox for my normal Web but then Opera for a few specialized purposes including YT. I just configured the proxy part. Using a proxy then I can seem to get the video closer to 90% of the time. Some proxies can be less reliable so have to change once in a while.

Edited by CobraSnakeNecktie

Hey all,

I was wondering if the following is happening to anyone else out there:

Anytime I click on a YouTube video embedded in a webpage I get a message in the viewing area that says, "We're sorry. This video is no longer available." It doesn't matter if the page was posted today or last year. If I copy the link and go to the actual video in YouTube, then the page loads up just fine but the video is forever buffering and never completes. This doesn't happen when I use videos on Google and have now started checking the box to search videoGoogle only.

Is Thailand at it again or have they just not returned YouTube to its proper state?

I'd appreciate comments. Cheers.

Anytime I click on a YouTube video embedded in a webpage I get a message in the viewing area that says, "We're sorry. This video is no longer available." It doesn't matter if the page was posted today or last year. If I copy the link and go to the actual video in YouTube, then the page loads up just fine but the video is forever buffering and never completes. This doesn't happen when I use videos on Google and have now started checking the box to search videoGoogle only.

Is Thailand at it again or have they just not returned YouTube to its proper state?

On TOT 2mbit Goldcyber.

As other posters have pointed out: YouTube works great via proxies.

There are services out there that offer access to very solid proxies via a VPN connection, at a small cost. Google 'vpn proxy'.

This way you're able to circumvent all packet-filtering / packet-inspection rules put in place by your ISP as well, such as throttling of the bittorrent protocol etc (TMNet Malaysia does this very efficiently :o ).

Trying www.youtube.com today - Thursday 15th

TOT

ขออภัยในความไม่สะดวก

เนื่องจากมีรูปภาพ หรือข้อความที่ไม่เหมาะสม ในเว็บไซต์ที่ท่านต้องการเข้าชม

สอบถามข้อมูลเพิ่มเติมได้ที่

" กระทรวงเทคโนโลยีสารสนเทศและการสื่อสาร "

อาคาร 9 บริษัท ทีโอที จำกัด (มหาชน) ถนแจ้งวัฒนะ เขตหลักสี่ กรุงเทพฯ 10210

โทร 0-2505-7147,0-2568-2498

Sorry,

The web site you are accessing has been blocked by the requested of The Communication Authority of Thailand.

For more information please contact:

Ministry of Information an Communication Technology

Building 9, TOT PCL Chaeng Wattana Rd. Laksi Bangkok 10210

Tel. 0-2505-7147,0-2568-2498