• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

I don't know if this helps but maybe there is something in what I post.

My computer #1 is a work computer and I use the wireless connection from True ADSL in Bangkok. I can access Youtube fine. Its an old Dell D610 Latitude. WIndows XP with older IE

I bought computer #2 new Acer Aspire 6935G and could not get it onto wireless so I plugged the line into the modem and that's what I am using. WIndows Vista Ultimate with IE 7.

Initially no problem with #2. It was much faster. Then I could not access Youtube videos directly. I had to back track and try again. I was getting error messages about not getting a page to display. Lots of extra work and frustrating. I switched to Firefox browser and things were better but it only took 40 minutes for the "connection interruption" error message to start surfacing. Firefox is more friendly on the retry. Just one click.

I find that both systems require a second click so while waiting for the first click, I'd hit the second click and got video faster.

I tried the Advanced SystemCare optimizer and it seems to have helped speed. I'll know if it cleared up the double click requirement.

I was curious is bandwith was the issue and if the ISP was identifying my computer and putting restrictions on it.

The older IE appears to not have the double click requiirement. I don't know if by being wireless or hooked up by a line- is that part of the issue as well?

• 4 months later...
Maybe this has been answered before, and although I did a search I only found irrelevant threads so I'll post my own.

I can not open youtube.com.

Is this site blocked in Thailand?

It's working fine here, with TT&T Maxnet.

• 6 months later...

Not to beat a dead horse, but does anyone else think that ToT is governing youtube bandwidth? Even when all other sites are working fine, youtube is moving at a crawl. It literally can take 20 minutes to download a 4 minute video. I supposedly have 3mbps bandwidth. With such bandwidth, I shouldn't even have to pause and let it load. I'm sick of this crap!

• 4 months later...
Not to beat a dead horse, but does anyone else think that ToT is governing youtube bandwidth? Even when all other sites are working fine, youtube is moving at a crawl. It literally can take 20 minutes to download a 4 minute video. I supposedly have 3mbps bandwidth. With such bandwidth, I shouldn't even have to pause and let it load. I'm sick of this crap!

I have the same problem. I have the 3mbps monthly plan from TOT and almost all streaming video comes in at a crawl. Any ideas on how I can speed up video streaming?

• 5 months later...

Google defeats Viacom in landmark copyright case

June 23, 2010 1:33 PM PDT

daumanSCHMIDT_610x270_540x239.JPG

Google CEO Eric Schmidt's side prevailed over Philippe Dauman's Viacom in this important copyright case.

U.S. District Judge Louis Stanton, overseeing the longtime copyright fight between Viacom and Google over YouTube, on Wednesday granted summary judgment for the search company.

"The court has decided that YouTube is protected by the safe harbor of the Digital Millenium Copyright Act (DMCA) against claims of copyright infringement," Google said on its site.

"The decision follows established judicial consensus," Google continued, "that online services like YouTube are protected when they work cooperatively with copyright holders to help them manage their rights online."

Read more, with link to the full text of the court's decision: http://news.cnet.com/8301-31001_3-20008636-261.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

-- cnet news 2010-06-23