Ecu Power Upgrade Mitsubishi Triton 2.5 Gls Limited

finchy

Hi anybody know where i can get a power upgrade for my Mitsubishi Triton 2.5 GLS Limited. In the u.k the upgrade is purchasable through the mitsubishi main dealer network basically it's a piggy back ecu pre mapped by Ralliart which boosts the horsepower to 165 bhp and give's a nice increase in torque.

I have spoken to to my local dealer up in surin province and they haven't got a clue what i'm talking about.

Thanks in advance

Liam

Hey bro my friend owns a diesel modfication shop, Mostly ecu's and the sort.

His name is AK....a top block, and for sure you will find what you want with a selection of brands promising different returns.

his no is 08499-08499, he has a bunch of brands and will install them for u, give your trition a full ecu sensor check...great service in otherwords.

their is also a website... incase u want some more refrence, and to get a little idea on what he has, though the website isnt fully updated....

http://www.commonrailcenter.com/?lang=en

anyways i have a 3.2 trition 4x4, i got my ecu system from him, and alot of information, help and that sort....here is my trition, though its modified :o slightly.

post-56318-1213966526_thumb.jpg

post-56318-1213966549_thumb.jpg

post-56318-1213966572_thumb.jpg

post-56318-1213966591_thumb.jpg

post-56318-1213966620_thumb.jpg

haha defentially, mine hits 200 easy, with a td05h-16g bigsize turbo, its rated up to 380hp, up to 35psi.

right now im running about 17-21psi...(ecu cuts off at 22psi....trition and all other pickup ecu do that, so im waiting for a new boost cut controller to kick in the market. A.K. is setting me up with a brand new incabin mounted bcc, which will allow me to push up to 35%, though i think 25-27% psi will be good. about 310hp or so...,

now i estimate it about 260hp-580tq...fly...at about 19-20psi.

the bcc will be comming in the next 2 weeks, at which time i will installing the "ecu shop-boost speed"-basicly increase acceleration by approx 25% or so, with a hel_l of alot of reduced lag....

im sure ill be kicking the quater in low 14 to high 13. not bad for a 2ton 4x4 truck.....

a new product just kicked to my attenation, its called "Hurst burn (roll controller)" it basicly locks up your front wheels, allows a hel_l of alot more stability and attenation to the rear wheels when doing a burn out....(heating up those big fat tyres will be hel_l fun)....

anyways enough about that,

to answer your question finchy, they are in bangkok. catch the highway to changwatana, pass, khnampet 1 and 2...then come down off at rachadpesik (not the one past asoke),.

it takes me about 20mins to get their or so....

need anymore help?

Triton - 3.2 GLS TIC Bi Turbo TD07 HKS Limited ( I wish the speedometor went higher ) Just getting warmed up

bi turbo-twin turbo tdo7? thats a bit to huge, how much lag would you feel?,...but hel_l i would imagen the top end would be utterly insane :o)))))))))))))))))))))))))

take me for a ride...haha.

i have an auto...thats why i went for the td05h 16g...., not the td06, or hx35...nevertheless you got anymore pics of that trition???

Hi Phil i can certainly vouch for the tdo5 16 g being a good turbo ( what is fitted to the triton as standard tdo4 ? ) i used to have one fitted to an old Subaru Impreza of mine and it used to fly. I have also heard of people fitted the turbo of a bmw 330 td and getting some pretty good power gains when fitted with an uprated intercooler and then having the car mapped to suit. Any experience of people going this route ?

I'll be back in Thailand in Nov and get the car booked in is it unreasonable to expect around 160bhp and a descent rise in torque from just a biggy back ecu upgrade?

Thanks Liam

hey Liam,

yea the td05h-16g is a great street turbo,

you are right, the evo 3, sti/wrx (collin Macray 555 subaru),

all have the td05h-16g, though the evo 3 turbo is rated slightly higher (known as the big td05h-16g, the fins are about 1.8" in diameter).

its great that you have previous experince with the td05h, though unless you wrx was modified, the stock wrx/sti consist of only 11psi of boost, b4 the fuel cuts.....thus new ecu is needed etc....

im sure you would have fun with it at 20psi, or 25psi....haha, thats what im aming for within a week or so, when i get my bcc.

As for the stock trition turbo, yea it is a td04, well not exactly it is a tf03, which basicly uses the td04 housing, with a 14b-12b wheel, for quick as spool but shit piss acceleration....

as for the bmw 330turbo, from my experince you need to check how much a/r rating it is, if its a garrett, (the trition has a four point turbo mount), so starting with a 4point mount turbo would make the job that much simpler already. though i would recommend several turbos, td05h 16g, holset hx35, garrett gt35, apexi ball bearing. all these turbos are rated at above 350hp, though the holse hx35 is an amazing turbo but is expensive, rated in producing more than 500whp!!!!---love it, gotta change your clutch bigtime though....

though fitting the bmw turbo or anyturbo for that fact that has a larger housing, larger fin will give you more power, but you need to find the balance between power, spool and how much rpm you can play with.

rule of thumb, bigger the turbo, (unless ballbearing) would spool lateeeeeee......... i have heard some people can only get 15psi of boost at 4000rpm...., mine has hit 22psi when its cuts at like 3200rpm....and well the trition has only 4000rpm to play with so going for i monster turbo wasnt ideal for daily driving.... but im sure searching for a good turbo with an intercooler kit and other complementry mods, should boost the power to a minimum of 220hp (least you can expect),

as for the ecu, ofcourse it is reasonable to expect about 165hp on your 2.5L and about 400-440nm of torque, which is a conciderable, and very good for daily driving. the car pulls a hel_l of alot better. my friend can install it all for you, to test...., you can test all his products first.....without promising a sale, their are a few brands out their, though i think megafire is the most expensive or perhaps ecushop ecu, though for the 2,5L i would assume that ecushop would be better. megafire like to speacilize in vigo's....., but do have the range of products......

does anyof this help?

There is a company in England

http://www.walkinshawperformance.co.uk/wp/...nsion&id=18

that does a full suspension conversion this included fitting koni coilovers at the front and at the rear ditchin the horse cart coil springs and replacing them withy koni coilovevers and a 5 link setup like most rear whell drive rally cars.

Apparently the conversion make's the triton really handle like a proper suv.

Anthing like this available in Thailand ?

hey mate, im sure in thailand you wont find that exact set up, though....

a reallyyyyyyyyyyy cheap verision..... check this site out in thailand,,...

http://www.exo4x4.com/bizCommerce/manageMa...roductID=cs-002

they basicly fit the rear with a spring, ontop of the leaf springs, you can add a shock under the spring to convert it to a coil spring basicly....though the normal mount of the shock wont be in the spring, (check out how the trition rear shocks are slanted mounted, so your only option in having a full coiil spring would be to add a shock their...which can be easily done at the shop.... but at the same time you will still have your standard rear shock, hey at least you got better damping with it to haha....

beside this product, im sure the garages the made the dakar rally car, the trition cross country "sorta rally cars", they would have similar if not better setups....

what exactly r u planing to do when your arrive to thailand with your trition?

hey mate, im sure in thailand you wont find that exact set up, though....

a reallyyyyyyyyyyy cheap verision..... check this site out in thailand,,...

http://www.exo4x4.com/bizCommerce/manageMa...roductID=cs-002

they basicly fit the rear with a spring, ontop of the leaf springs, you can add a shock under the spring to convert it to a coil spring basicly....though the normal mount of the shock wont be in the spring, (check out how the trition rear shocks are slanted mounted, so your only option in having a full coiil spring would be to add a shock their...which can be easily done at the shop.... but at the same time you will still have your standard rear shock, hey at least you got better damping with it to haha....

beside this product, im sure the garages the made the dakar rally car, the trition cross country "sorta rally cars", they would have similar if not better setups....

what exactly r u planing to do when your arrive to thailand with your trition?

HI have phil i thought it look's to be a real sweet suspension setup developed by tom wilkensahaw racing TWR multiple Le Man 24hour winners with jaguar and runners of the now defunct arrows F1 team so it's certainly geared towards handling on tarmac yet retains the origional ride height and can still take the 1 ton payload.

As far as my Triton i'm not looking to do anything major it is what it is i have a 400 bhp Impreza at home for speed i'm just looking for a remap / piggy back ecu i'm also bring a full OE Mitsubishi 7 inch multi function monitor with Nav over to Thailand from the u.k and to be honest that's all i have planned for the time being. The reson being that i only drive the triton for maybe 2 months a year if that.

ohhhhhhhh great, well the less plans you have for the trition the cheaper it is! haha :D

yea would love to take a 400bhpwrx around for a daily driver haha..., i guess my replacement is the trition.

i actually shamefully have looked at other turbo's already.... with the td05h-16gsmall rated at 350hp, ummmmm....to be frank it wont be enough when im done...... though i really did a stupid thing by getting an auto.... :o

my previous car, civic eg hatch b16a modified, a 250hp-920kg...good power to weight was a manual...and frankly in traffic it was shit, and well my idea of a truck is to be spaceious and comfortable...to an extent..... yupp....

what type of ecu r u lookign at? btw r u thai or english?

I'm not sure for what i need i'm sure a piggyback ecu upgrade will be fine in the u.k i would use a South African Dastek Unichip as i've used these before on various 6 cylinder bmw's with good results. I don't really know what's available in Thailand and the piggyback ecu is only as good as the guy that maps it. I've had a look on your friends website the commonrail centre and it seem's he uses the megafire piggyback ecu i've done a little research but not a great deal and it seems this company has a good reputation. So i was thinking of giving him a ring nearer the time i get back to Thailand having a talk with him and getting the truck booked in for installation and mapping.

P.s i have the Factory mitsubishi sat nav with the touch screen and dvd nav unit which i shall be bringing over in my suitcase (please don't tell my wife) but cannot buy the mitsubishi dvd maps for asia are they available in Thailand. Although i have never seen a triton in asia fitted with the full factory nav but some of the high spec pajero's must have so the maps must be available

kool how much do they go for (the sat nav)

and btw, AK.

he has alot of brands, from what i can recall he has,

Megafire,

D-commander,

Lightbox-my unit

Ecu shop

Typhoon

Powermax

with other ECU shop accesoriess, (speed booster and so forth).....

etc......, his site isnt updated with all his products. he has mapped my car to, he does a decent job. anyways if you come, hit me up, ill help you find your way their and have a chat, see what exactly suit what you want.

kool how much do they go for (the sat nav)

The Nav is around 1600 GBP or 104000 baht option i bought mine 2nd hand from a breakers yard for 250 GBP or only 16250 baht !!!

I've tested all the unit's in my friends Triton or L200 Warrior as they are called in the u.k and they are working perfectly.

oh ok kool. not bad pricing at all, i think A.K. also have some simple sat nav, with the thai maps etc for like 8,000 i think. though to be honest, as useful as it is, my expense will go into making my car run better, or faster :o

• 1 year later...

The enthusiasm on this thread is catching! I'm soon going to buy a (Slightly) used Triton 2.5 AT Plus and want the warranty transferred to me. My question is: would doing a ecu modification invalidate the warranty, and if so, only for the engine, leaving everything else under guarantee?

hey mate,

depending on your dealer of mitsubishi, warrenty can be still held. as most understand this is a big market and dont touch the items.

ofcourse if something does happen, it will be only for the engine and no other parts.

its still highly unlikely to get any engine damage! as we tune with parameters, but ofcourse some drivers are stupid enough to rev way passed redline,

at that point if damage is done, it will be the fault of the driver.

if you drive to redline and shift, their wont be a problem. as we sit with the driver while tuning and see how they drive and tune accordingly.

i also have a new product that we inhouse devloped.

it intergrates (boostcut, commonrail pressure and injector duration of the spray) all in one! tuning parameters that match each other!

performance is much higher then the dms monster kit!

shifting each gear will give a huge surge of power/torque with no drop of pressure, making it a extream preformer!

even std turbos will gain huge amounts of power/torque.

still kit is compatiable with std and all aftermarket turbo kits.

its the most advanced kit out now!

we even have an analyze option to check the current/voltage of all working parts to match them accordingly and check the parameter!