Tcl Lcd

rono

Lotus is giving a 10,000 baht discount on a TCL 32" lcd, you pay 9,900 baht, less than half the price of other brands.

Bought one for my daughter and tested it, quality is as good as any 20,000 baht priced brand.

Have read some good reviews on foreign forum about this brand.

BTW, have nothing to do with Lotus :o

Is it the same as this one? That would be a remarkable price if it is (VGA/DVI/HDMI inputs). Or are you referring to a computer monitor?

No, not a computer monitor its the L32E62A3, with hdmi, vga.....

Normal price is 19,900 but they give a 10,000 baht discount, one of the staff told me they sell more than 10 per day.

I wonder why it's not even listed on their website, all i can find is a press release about it and a few thai discussions on pantip.com.

On the box was printed " made in Thailand" and the date of last month. I found out they have a controlling share in Thompson who has a factory in pathum, in fact I have been in that factory a few times for my business.

Furthermore it seems that TCL is a major world player and that they have some deal with samsung as well.

Anyway, I bought it, the picture quality is good, viewing angle is fine, I can connect my pc, dvd player with hdmi and my home theathre, its all I need

Is it the same as this one? That would be a remarkable price if it is (VGA/DVI/HDMI inputs). Or are you referring to a computer monitor?

Normal price is 19,900 but they give a 10,000 baht discount, one of the staff told me they sell more than 10 per day.

No wonder, Thais flock to this cheap product in herds .... I bought a Samsung Full HD LCD 40M81B (two months ago priced at THB 79,900) for THB 39.900 ... they try to get

rid of old models .....

Lotus is giving a 10,000 baht discount on a TCL 32" lcd, you pay 9,900 baht, less than half the price of other brands.

Bought one for my daughter and tested it, quality is as good as any 20,000 baht priced brand.

Rono, TCL is a global player (RCA), but when you click on their website for service it shows the map of Australia. Do you know if it can be serviced in Thailand?

Thanks.

No wonder, Thais flock to this cheap product in herds .... I bought a Samsung Full HD LCD 40M81B (two months ago priced at THB 79,900) for THB 39.900 ... they try to get

rid of old models .....

So do you think what you bought is worth 4 times what the flocking Thais are buying?

(i said flocking)

Rono, TCL is a global player (RCA), but when you click on their website for service it shows the map of Australia. Do you know if it can be serviced in Thailand?

Thanks.

Its made in Thailand, has warranty and yes can be serviced in Thailand. At least this is what the staff told my wife.

rid of old models .....

So do you think what you bought is worth 4 times what the flocking Thais are buying?

(i said flocking)

A true HD (1080x1920) for 40k ?!?! hel_l yeah !!!

I am in the market for a 40 - 48 inch panel TV and true HD at that price would be a sweet deal.

rid of old models .....

(i said flocking)

Yes, you would too if you had any knowledge of LCD/Plasma TVs .... Apart from being a 40 inch, it has a resolution of 1920x1080 (so Full HD). Plus the specifications are much higher .... if comparable.

rid of old models .....

(i said flocking)

Yes, you would too if you had any knowledge of LCD/Plasma TVs .... Apart from being a 40 inch, it has a resolution of 1920x1080 (so Full HD). Plus the specifications are much higher .... if comparable.

Yes, although no expert as you say, i had noticed that your TV boasted 40 inches and full HD, but forgive me for thinking this, i just wondered if it was 4 times better. You obviously do.

I went to Lotus today and checked out this TCL unit, especially the PC input. Took my laptop and connected it but unfortunately the PC input on this TCL unit only supports 640x480. Despite the screen res for HDMI supporting up to 1366x766, no higher screen resolution than 640x480 is supported for PC input so I would not recommend it to anyone wanting to connect it to their computer via a VGA cable.

The unit also looked cheap and was very flimsy compared to the Samsung LCD panels which have an excellent reputation.

Edited by youngkiwi

rid of old models .....

(i said flocking)

Yes, although no expert as you say, i had noticed that your TV boasted 40 inches and full HD, but forgive me for thinking this, i just wondered if it was 4 times better. You obviously do.

Well, kind of hard to say it's worth x number of times better (as comparing it to the price). However, I can connect my pc to my TV by DVI/HDMI at full resolution ....

These things are coming down faster than knickers with broken elastic.

In Central CM they had two very nice looking top name brands for 14,000 and 16,000.

That's the main reason for these deals. LCD panel prices were falling pretty fast but they are going to be falling even faster.

Soon you'll be able to pick up a basic cheapo LCD like this TCL for 5000 BHT, exactly the same as a cheap CRT. If you think about it, if mass production fully sets in, the LCD is cheaper to produce, package, and ship than a CRT TV.

Nothing wrong with buying it now of course, if you desire an LCD TV with the specs of the TCL - which is an international brand, though a cheap one - and you have BHT 10,000 to spare, then - why not?

The question remains ... does a 9,900 baht LCD provide a better picture than a CRT with the same price or lower?

Doesn't matter. 9 out of 10 customers would buy the LCD TV every time, given the choice, because whether or not the quality is good, it represents new technology. Who wants to buy old technology, even if it's better than the new? (apart from smart people i mean :o )

Just looked at the specs.. 1 component input only.. Total deal killer..

I have UBC + DVD + xbox360 on component.. Then Media PC on DVI..

Just had one delivered...heres whats on the back,

AV RCA audio and video sockets..............2 lots

S Video socket

YPBPR and audio sockets

Audio/Video out sockets

VGA In socket

HDMI Socket.

Picture seems fine............as for youngkiwis post that the case looks flimsy.............i wasnt planning on swinging off it so its fine. :o

(Bought in Pattaya)

I went to Lotus today and checked out this TCL unit, especially the PC input. Took my laptop and connected it but unfortunately the PC input on this TCL unit only supports 640x480. Despite the screen res for HDMI supporting up to 1366x766, no higher screen resolution than 640x480 is supported for PC input so I would not recommend it to anyone wanting to connect it to their computer via a VGA cable.

The unit also looked cheap and was very flimsy compared to the Samsung LCD panels which have an excellent reputation.

I just installed one and set the VGA resolution on 1024x768 which works fine. Image quality is as good as any other brand TV. It looks to me that you have a problem with your driver. I remember that a while ago I simply had no VGA output at all. Installing the right driver solved the problem.

Nothing wrong with the driver. I connected it immediately to a Samsung in the store and 1024x768 was working. On the TCL unit, it would only support 640x480 via the VGA input.

What refresh rate were you running at?

Nothing wrong with the driver. I connected it immediately to a Samsung in the store and 1024x768 was working. On the TCL unit, it would only support 640x480 via the VGA input.

What refresh rate were you running at?

This indeed seems to be the answer : if I put my refresh rate too high, it stops working on high resolutions, but will still work on the lower ones.

60 or 70 Hz works with 1024x768