Brands Essence Of Chicken

TenDreams

I've noticed quite a few Thai's drinking it, do any of you?

Are there any health benefits you have found? (plenty according to their own website- increased stamina, mental and physical, etc)

Was just wondering if it may be a good supplement as I work hellish hours and am always tired until I get home (late) and then can't sleep (I usually squeeze in a workout during the day too, so I do get a bit of excercise).

or any other energy-boosting tips would be appreciated too,

cheers.

My Wife swears by the suff, says it is good if you don't have much energy.

I have drunk loads of little bottles of it.

Personally I have never noticed any increase in energy after consumption.

I have tried using it as a replacement meal, even drunk 2 bottles to that end, but it does not fill you up like western soup does.

I did not like the taste at first but I'm used to it now.

My Wife has just got out of hospital, but while she was there she asked me to buy her and she drunk at least 6 in two days

Forgive my jaded opinion, but I consider many of the claims made to test my faith. It's concentrated chicken broth. To my knowledge, none of the claims for the product have been substantiated by multiple studies that would pass the same level of scrutiny we reserve for drugs that would make such claims. Many people harbour suspicions about the practices of pharmaceutical companies. Yet, they are willing to put aside such concerns when it comes to a "natural" food product claiming herbal powers. Brands Essence is one of the many products offered by Cerebros, a successful diversified company situated in Malaysia. (e..g. other products are salt and coffee.)

Know what I find interesting? If you look at the senior management of a drug company you will see plenty of science types. If you look at a major food producer, you will see that some people have backgrounds in food science. Know what I see when I look at the management of Cerebros? Lots of qualified accountants and some lawyers. The only "Dr." holds a docorate of business administration in marketing. No doubt, all are accomplished business professionals and some have had notable careers at Suntory the beverage maker. However, I wonder whether this is merely a very successful company based upon excellent marketing and business practices as opposed to one that offers miracle cures. Drug companies that promise increased "metabolism" have to demonstrate the basis upon which they make their claim and provide a comprehensive list of ingredients, including adverse reactions. Food companies and "natural" product companies do not. Folks will go out of their way to panic over a water bottle that may have heated up in the sun for fear of possible carcinogens, but will willingly guzzle down a product like this in hopes it will do something good. Go figger. Forgive me, but you might as well crack open a can of Campbell's condensed chicken broth toss in a few food supplements and drink that down for the same effect.

Forgive my jaded opinion, but I consider many of the claims made to test my faith. It's concentrated chicken broth. To my knowledge, none of the claims for the product have been substantiated by multiple studies that would pass the same level of scrutiny we reserve for drugs that would make such claims. Many people harbour suspicions about the practices of pharmaceutical companies. Yet, they are willing to put aside such concerns when it comes to a "natural" food product claiming herbal powers. Brands Essence is one of the many products offered by Cerebros, a successful diversified company situated in Malaysia. (e..g. other products are salt and coffee.)

Know what I find interesting? If you look at the senior management of a drug company you will see plenty of science types. If you look at a major food producer, you will see that some people have backgrounds in food science. Know what I see when I look at the management of Cerebros? Lots of qualified accountants and some lawyers. The only "Dr." holds a docorate of business administration in marketing. No doubt, all are accomplished business professionals and some have had notable careers at Suntory the beverage maker. However, I wonder whether this is merely a very successful company based upon excellent marketing and business practices as opposed to one that offers miracle cures. Drug companies that promise increased "metabolism" have to demonstrate the basis upon which they make their claim and provide a comprehensive list of ingredients, including adverse reactions. Food companies and "natural" product companies do not. Folks will go out of their way to panic over a water bottle that may have heated up in the sun for fear of possible carcinogens, but will willingly guzzle down a product like this in hopes it will do something good. Go figger. Forgive me, but you might as well crack open a can of Campbell's condensed chicken broth toss in a few food supplements and drink that down for the same effect.

In "Essence" I think you are probably right :o

And this company seems to have cornered the market in gifts for hospital patients. Forget the flowers and grapes - just bring them a huge wicker basket full of small chicken broth bottles.

Simon

What the heck is in it??

hopefully chicken broth...!?

but tastes no way near the stuff, the old lady makes from real chicken everyday serving the broth with Kao Man Gai on the market, the Lot for 40 Baht!

...Essence of Chicken you grew up with is full of wholesome, nourishing goodness. When taken regularly, this all natural health food supplement sustains your health, through all stages of your life.

By increasing your metabolic rate, it helps to relieve fatigue and to restore both your mental alertness and physical energy (within 15 to 30 mins!). It has even been proven to help your body absorb and use vital nutrients like iron. You can be sure of all the benefits you’ve come to expect of BRAND’S® Essence of Chicken, and more! Simply put, BRAND’S® Essence of Chicken is your trusted friend, “For Mind. For Body. For Life.”

from the -Brands Essence of Chicken- Website...

ah well, seems many of the locals, especially middle class higher income earners, seem to go for it and believe in it.

Seems to be the Thai/Asian Vegemite/Marmite... tastes similar! :o

Guess a five baht serve of fresh young coconut from the market has more "goodness" in it then a whole carton of this stuff!

As geriatric kid wrote...very clever customer targeting and marketing... and the glass looks like some sort of a blown up medicine bottle...and there is the bird nest variety, with Ginseng, Rock sugar, Linghzi and a vegetarian "Berry Concentrate"...

Edited by Samuian

I've noticed quite a few Thai's drinking it, do any of you?

Are there any health benefits you have found? (plenty according to their own website- increased stamina, mental and physical, etc)

Was just wondering if it may be a good supplement as I work hellish hours and am always tired until I get home (late) and then can't sleep (I usually squeeze in a workout during the day too, so I do get a bit of excercise).

or any other energy-boosting tips would be appreciated too,

cheers.

I like the bigger size Brand's E of C; don't get enough of a hit off the smaller one.

2 bottles of M-150.

1 Yakult.

1 can V-8, preferably the spicy one.

My hangover cure!

:o

I like the bigger size Brand's E of C; don't get enough of a hit off the smaller one.

2 bottles of M-150.

1 Yakult.

1 can V-8, preferably the spicy one.

My hangover cure!

:D

All together, or one at a time, oral, intravenous, or how you administer the dosage? :D

For me, if needed, a nice bowl of genuine home made style bamii-chicken-noodle-soup will do just fine, or the evening before a mouthful of olive oil and a can of sardines (in oil) will do just fine, then before going to bed as much water as i can drink till falling unconscious.

Weird is that it doesn't state on the package what ingredients only that it is composed of something 99% chicken broth/soup.... :o

All together, or one at a time, oral, intravenous, or how you administer the dosage? :D

For me, if needed, a nice bowl of genuine home made style bamii-chicken-noodle-soup will do just fine, or the evening before a mouthful of olive oil and a can of sardines (in oil) will do just fine, then before going to bed as much water as i can drink till falling unconscious.

Weird is that it doesn't state on the package what ingredients only that it is composed of something 99% chicken broth/soup.... :o

One at a time, orally. Suppositories are not an option :D

Must think about the sardines...