12 Month O Visa At A Price

Today a friend told me a story of his experiences in Laos (Savannaket). Arriving at the consulate application desk in Savannaket he asked for a 12 month O Visa and obviously he was refused. Being persistent he asked again to which an official took his number and told him one could be made available for 65,000 baht.

After sitting in his hotel for 1 hour he received a call and the price was bartered down to 30,000, he has since been told he could have got this down to 20,000. The stumbling block to the deal was the agent wanted a bank transfer into his account which my friend was not prepared to do but offered 50% cash and the rest on delivery of his passport with full one year visa.

He could not get more info from the agent and he just let the deal slide. The fact that the agent had his number means it was given to him by the a consulate official which would suggest this deal maybe available if you know the right people.

Has anybody heard of this happening in Savannaket because Now I have the phone numbers and it may be worth a try.

You can't get a 12 month non-O visa from a embassy or consulate. They can only give you a visa with an entry for 3 months. This you can extend in Thailand itself to 1 year, with all required paperwork, at an immigration office.

It is the multiple-entry non-O visa that is often referred to as one-year non-O visa on this forum. It allows an unlimited number of entries into Thailand within one year from the date of issue, and on each entry the traveller is given permission to stay for 90 days.

--

Maestro

Today a friend told me a story of his experiences in Laos (Savannaket). Arriving at the consulate application desk in Savannaket he asked for a 12 month O Visa and obviously he was refused. Being persistent he asked again to which an official took his number and told him one could be made available for 65,000 baht.

After sitting in his hotel for 1 hour he received a call and the price was bartered down to 30,000, he has since been told he could have got this down to 20,000. The stumbling block to the deal was the agent wanted a bank transfer into his account which my friend was not prepared to do but offered 50% cash and the rest on delivery of his passport with full one year visa.

He could not get more info from the agent and he just let the deal slide. The fact that the agent had his number means it was given to him by the a consulate official which would suggest this deal maybe available if you know the right people.

Has anybody heard of this happening in Savannaket because Now I have the phone numbers and it may be worth a try.

I would doubt the validity of this visa and could not advise others to follow a similar path. Visas have set prices and whilst they are often refused in SE Asia and some home countries, it is not because of resources, merely an interpretation of the rules. Khao San Road used to issue all kinds of visas and stamps to the unwitting some years ago. All fake of course.

Indeed, recommending that someone break the law is not a good idea, and most certainly against forum rules

1) You will not use thaivisa.com to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, referencing prostitution (including bargirls and barboys), referencing suicide, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law.