Need A Thai Police Contact

moondragon

I don't think other, critical posters are saying you are with the police, but that the reason for your 'research' has nothing to do with a 'screen play'.

They might be thinking that you are working on a very negatively phrased article for a western publication. If that were the case, any actual help you would receive from anyone in Thailand under false pretenses - e.g. it's just required for a better understanding to write a screen play, everything off the record - could potentially put them in a dangerous position and is an unethical thing to request.

Other reasons for others not buying the story about the screen play would be that you might be looking to actually do engage in unlawful activities and are looking for an entry point to receive additional information.

yeah I know.... it's hard to tell who's legit and who's not even on a cool board like thaivisa...

well I'm learning alot and getting some ideas by just reading people "thai police encounter" stories :o

i think you are all a paranoid bunch ot tw*ts.

help the man or don't, either way get off your high horse and quit pretending to be street smart

Edited by t.s

I have had association with Thai police for a long time and my personal experience has been very positive. I believe if you go through the proper channels someone will be willing to assist you.As with any police agency,I do not feel they will be receptive to you if you tell them you are going to write a screenplay or whatever which portrays the agency negatively.I would suggest however,as a farang,it is advisable not to get involved in conflicts with Thai police especially,but also Thai people in general.

Having said all this,I really believe it is not neccessary to have a Thai police contact to write a fictional screenplay.Many of the most popular and profitable police movies have no real connection to the actual reality of the police agency they portray,so just write it as an entertainment vehicle.Unless it is a work of non-fiction,but this is not what you claim.

If you want to read good fictional stories involving Thai police,check out the novels of John Burdett,Christopher G. Moore and Jake Needham,and you will get all the info you need.Good luck

hey colonelsing

yeah I'm not planning a negative attack on the Thai police... what I want is some procedural info... for example, the writers of CSI often employee real CSIs as consultant to help get the "procedures" correct (even if its in a fictional setting). There is a long history of cops begin employed as consultants on these types of shows called "police prociedurals"

While my idea is not specifically about the thai police department (I'm not writing CSI:Bangkok or Law and Order: Bangkok) but some of the stories in the TV show will involved the police so I wanted to do some research.

I will check out you author suggestions too! thanks

Moon