Phuket Brewery

flip

does anybody have informations about Phuket Brewery opposite Tesco Lotus?

(when they are going to open, concept etc.)

Hi flip,

where is your info regarding this brewery coming from?

Powerful people in the beer business here keep a stranglehold on imports and the openings of any type of microbreweries, that's why you don't see them. Microbrews would be a good business here that's for sure as the beer here su*ks.

does anybody have informations about Phuket Brewery opposite Tesco Lotus?

(when they are going to open, concept etc.)

Hi flip,

where is your info regarding this brewery coming from?

Powerful people in the beer business here keep a stranglehold on imports and the openings of any type of microbreweries, that's why you don't see them. Microbrews would be a good business here that's for sure as the beer here su*ks.

there is a big sign : Phuket brewery... they also looking for staff... , so I guess, they opening soon... it´s quite a big building..

and yes, I also think, it is a very good idea/business!

I was told that it is to open around October (allowing for the TIT factor).

It seems like it si going to be quite a big thing (hard to judge from the road though).

Hope they'll fare better than the infamous - and ill-conceived - October Bavarian Fest near Simon in Patong!

Cheers :o

I was told that it is to open around October (allowing for the TIT factor).

It seems like it si going to be quite a big thing (hard to judge from the road though).

Hope they'll fare better than the infamous - and ill-conceived - October Bavarian Fest near Simon in Patong!

What kind of beer guys?

"and ill-conceived - October Bavarian Fest near Simon in Patong!"

I concur, what a dump !

That beer fest place seems to be closed these past few months. Did not even last a year. And the guy paid a lot of money for a 10 year land lease. I never could see a market for a huge (and basic/foul) beer hall in Patong.

Just called them and the Big Boss ( a Phuket native) does not want to release any info yet, but I did get this much:

It will open in November and have 3 kinds of beer, all to be brewed by a German Brewmeister...

Best of all its stumbling distance to my home! I hope it isn't too expensive...

On a beer related issue, there is a new domestic brew available at Tesco called Federline that is a "blonde" beer, tastes OK and is reasonably priced as its brewed in Thailand.

:o

That beer fest place seems to be closed these past few months. Did not even last a year. And the guy paid a lot of money for a 10 year land lease. I never could see a market for a huge (and basic/foul) beer hall in Patong.

Owners missed the boat by not packing the place with Katoeys. Would've had loads of Germans then ! http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=195837

I never really understood why someone would open a place like that in Patong in the first place. Speaking from a North American perspective, I don't know why someone would travel halfway around the world to visit a country with what most would consider a vibrant and exotic local culture, only to end up at a Bavarian beer garden tourist attraction. The whole concept seemed a bit Disney-esque.

I knew the place was in serious trouble when I noticed that all of the guys cleaning the sewers on Nanai Road were wearing Bavarian Beer Fest shirts every day.

Just called them and the Big Boss ( a Phuket native) does not want to release any info yet, but I did get this much:

It will open in November and have 3 kinds of beer, all to be brewed by a German Brewmeister...

On a beer related issue, there is a new domestic brew available at Tesco called Federline that is a "blonde" beer, tastes OK and is reasonably priced as its brewed in Thailand.

i also tried "Federbräu" last week ( guess, that´s what u meant!?)

big bottle 65 baht at 711

coming also like Chang etc. from the Thai Beverage

i also tried "Federbräu" last week ( guess, that´s what u meant!?)

big bottle 65 baht at 711

coming also like Chang etc. from the Thai Beverage

That's frightening, as my 2003 New Year's Resolution was never to drink any Chang-related beer!