Two Visa Questions About Going To Thailand

Hello everyone,

I plan on going to Thailand in October. I will ordain as a monk there. I have written to the monastery I would like to go to and have been accepted. I will live there for up to 12 months as a layperson or pakhow first. I have two questions, please. They said to apply for a two-month tourist visa or a multiple entry visa. Which is better? Also, do I need to purchase a ticket first before I apply for the visa?

Thank you very much.

Alexander1

:o:D

Hello everyone,

I plan on going to Thailand in October. I will ordain as a monk there. I have written to the monastery I would like to go to and have been accepted. I will live there for up to 12 months as a layperson or pakhow first. I have two questions, please. They said to apply for a two-month tourist visa or a multiple entry visa. Which is better? Also, do I need to purchase a ticket first before I apply for the visa?

Thank you very much.

Alexander1

:o:D

A Multi Entry Non O Visa will allow you to stay up to 15 months. But will need a border run every 90 days. You do not say where you are so do not know how easy this is to get in your country.

Ticket not needed to apply for visa.

Actually you do not need a Multi Entry. Only a single entry. Read this. The official Police Order.

7.12 In the case of study of

Buddhism or religious

function: Permission

will be granted for a

period of not more

than 1 year at a time.

(1) The alien has obtained a

temporary visa (NON-IM); and

(2) Confirmation has been issued

by the National Buddhism

Office or the Prime Minister’s

Office or the

Mahachulalongkorn University;

and

(3) Confirmation has been issued

by the abbot of the temple

where the applicant is studying

or performing the religious

function.

1. Application form

2. Copy of the applicant's passport

3. Confirmation letter issued by the

National Buddhism Office or

the Prime Minister’s Office or

the Mahachulalongkorn

University

4. Confirmation letter issued by the

abbot of the temple where the

applicant is studying or

performing the religious

function

Hello everyone,

Thank you very much.

Alexander1

:D:D

A Multi Entry Non O Visa will allow you to stay up to 15 months. But will need a border run every 90 days. You do not say where you are so do not know how easy this is to get in your country.

Ticket not needed to apply for visa.

Thank you Lite Beer. I live in the States.

I'm not so clear on if a single entry or multiple entry visa is better for my situation. :o

Thank you for your help!

Alexander1