Ip Cam, Can Reach The Cam, But Password-request Repeats On And On

siamshot

I just set up an ip cam at my shop, get ddns and forwarded the camera's port.

On the internet I can reach the cam's password request - but that's it: although the right password the password request only shows up again and again and I never can reach the cam itself.

I can also successfully ping the cam, but seems to be slow, ping time = ~350ms.

Somebody knows what's wrong or where to screw?

Does the camera require SSL to work? Perhaps it's trying to redirect you to an SSL page and you haven't forwarded the correct port.

When you're connected directly to the camera (i.e. not behind a firewall) does it forward you to a new port after logging in?

Edit: You should also check if the camera is using TCP/UDP and you have it configured correctly in the firewall/router. All streaming video apps that I know of use UDP. So it may require certain ports over TCP and other ports over UDP.

Edited by surface

Does the camera require SSL to work? Perhaps it's trying to redirect you to an SSL page and you haven't forwarded the correct port.

When you're connected directly to the camera (i.e. not behind a firewall) does it forward you to a new port after logging in?

Edit: You should also check if the camera is using TCP/UDP and you have it configured correctly in the firewall/router. All streaming video apps that I know of use UDP. So it may require certain ports over TCP and other ports over UDP.

Maybe that's the point: Until now I didn't config the routers firewall. 

Will go to the shop at the afternoon and check it out - hope, that's it!

Thanx a lot