Best Isp In Bangkok

genobkk

Hi, I am looking to hear from users who have used CS LOXINFO or KSC SME package or home package. 6 months ago I used true SME 2 MB. due to very poor quality even VOIP not working during daytime hours I switched to Ji-net 1 MB. I am very happy with Ji-net, but would like faster speed. I get the full speed I pay for day or night. I was hoping that I could get 2 MB with KSC or CS LOXINFO on their SME plan and get the same quality as m ji-net 1 MB SME package. KSC told me they share 10 users, CS LOXINFO could not tell me what the share ratio is. The price is about the same for both, KSC 4,990 THB for 2 MB, CS LOXINFO 5,000 THB for 2 MB. I stay around chok chai 4. I think those are the only ISPs I can use on my true line. I think only KSC and CS LOXINFO can give 2 MB and up. I would like to hear from users. I have been in Thailand a long time and know it can very from area to area, etc. I just would like to get a general idea before I switch to get more speed...thanks agian

I have another posting under "An Internet Price War" and it seems there are many other threads based along the idea of best ISP, or fastest connection and so on.

I have just been contacted by the technician (mentioned in my other post) about the TOT line we have. It is not good enough for any speed over 1 MB. I contacted TOT about getting a new line put in andthe technician there was very helpful indeed. He knows exactly where I live and he lives quite close to me. He sighed and said something in the line of "Forget about getting any faster speed with TOT lines than the 1 MB". He himself has the same problems.

Ok I contacted TRUE and asked about putting a new line in. Basically they said "Forget it.. we are not interested in putting another line in that area".

So yes everything depends on where you live.

Personally I am fully satisfied with Loxinfo and the connection is pretty stable. I was just hoping to upgrade to 2MB.

yes I have a true line. chok chai 4. I am very interested in knowing the speed you have and the speed you get on speedtest.net for LA or San Francisco. Yes I know some area the ports are full, etc. I am leaning toward KSC but not sure yet. as I said in my last post ji-net gives me the full 1 MB just would love to get 2 MB,. Well more if I could afford it but at 5,000 THB for both KSC and CS LOXINFO I will have to keep it to 2 MB. My Ji-net 1 MB cost 1,900 wish worked much better then true 2 MB SME for 2,500 THB so the speed they tell you means nothing here. My hope is to get 2 MB to work like my 1 MB from ji-net. thanks again

not the same for most, depends on what you use it for, a VOID line that barely works does NOT cut it for me. if you only serve the web then maybe you are fine, but if you only serve the web 56K will do. some of us like to do the things that ADSL is suppose to do, watch VIDEO, download files, VPN, for work, etc.....

What am I missing here?

I pay 890 a month for a 2mb line from True. Works great. VoIp ain't brilliant but it works - barely.

see higlighted above for what you are missing

Some of the price quoted are completely crazy.

If you want to pay 5000 baht a month for internet - be my guest.

3 MB at TRUE = 1150 4MB = 1850 5MB = 2200.

You should mention the actual bandwidth you can get... up/downstream. Guess thats the point and makes

the difference between a 4MB 1850 Baht subscription or 4 MB 5600 Baht SME subscription at CSLOXINFO which allows an US downstream of 3 MB!

Thats what I get

Edited by webfact

You should mention the actual bandwidth you can get... up/downstream. Guess thats the point and makes

the difference between a 4MB 1850 Baht subscription or 4 MB 5600 Baht SME subscription at CSLOXINFO which allows an US downstream of 3 MB!

Thats what I get

I get a US download of 224KB (1.7 / 1.8 MB) (6:44 pm) on TOT goldcyber .... I know, not quite the 3MB you get ... but still 4,600 baht per month cheaper ...

post-6768-1214566909_thumb.jpg

Edited by sniffdog

• 3 weeks later...

Thats what I get

wow if you can get 4mb for 5600 and it is good with CSLOXIfO I should try them. is this for the SME plan? on any of these speed test it depends on when you do the test and what sites you test on. some talk about gold cyber with TOT. I have this in my place in Pattaya and it is so bad, useless, but if I test on the london site I get 1700 kps,but on LA I get 90 kps, gmail take 5 min to load and most serves I use are the west coast, LA or SF.....I am not sure why TOT speed vary so much, maybe their 2nd and 3rd rate providers they use........My slingbox location LA gets 40 kps on TOT goldcyber what a waste!!!

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
I have had True 2mb for 4 montha now, crap. I have two phone lines, I just had CSloxinfo installed lastweek on the second true line, works great! I have the 2mb connection. I'm outside Bangkok, Bankhae area.

What about 4mbits "Int" from BUddy / ADC .... ? any reviews? 1800THB + VAT

CSlox is a bag of <deleted> during peak hours, the bandwidth is throttled down 80% from 8am -> 7pm.

That's because your likly using a cheap home package. Doesn't happen with biz package as mentioned earlier.

Indeed, however this is 5 times what I was paying in the UK 5 years ago, where what I paid then would now buy be 8Mb.

The price of incompetence, stupidity and arrogance can sometimes be very high for the customer. Not that any Thai will care much about that, especially if the customer is not a Thai.

Sad but true.

D

I have had True 2mb for 4 montha now, crap. I have two phone lines, I just had CSloxinfo installed lastweek on the second true line, works great! I have the 2mb connection. I'm outside Bangkok, Bankhae area.

Buddy BB is the same as True and Maxnet. Used them once, never again. Inevitably it is because their is no management mechanism to deal with thing that do not go right.

Thai management do not understand management by exception, nor the 80/20 rule. Nor indeed the idea that customers who get pissed off leave and don't come back. Then they blame bad karma when they go bankrupt. Off to the wat for a bit of the old tamboon and everything will be peaches again.

A while back I had a small building project to complete upcountry. In the midst of a heated discussion about build quality with the major contractor, one of the older subbies took the contractor off for a bit of a chat, some of which I over-heard. He told him that farangs often just won't accept stuff that Thais accept. That we complain if we don't get what we pay for. And that if he pissed me off he would lose the job and I would never use him again, so he wouldnt get the next job, not at any price. Since it was a small village and I had more projects to do, he rightly believed that might be a problem.

The contractor appeared to be genuinely astonished, like he had never heard of such a thing. He didn't enjoy the loss of face very much but I did get what I needed.

*sigh* culture shock. Its a whole different world out here my friend.

D

Well on 4mb SME with CSLoxinfo as we speak. P*ssing down with rain big storm lightning, soi flooded and I am still downloading at 442.8KB/s from a usa based server :) Happy days.

Edited by namoo

Buddy BB is the same as True and Maxnet. Used them once, never again. Inevitably it is because their is no management mechanism to deal with thing that do not go right.

Thai management do not understand management by exception, nor the 80/20 rule. Nor indeed the idea that customers who get pissed off leave and don't come back. Then they blame bad karma when they go bankrupt. Off to the wat for a bit of the old tamboon and everything will be peaches again.

A while back I had a small building project to complete upcountry. In the midst of a heated discussion about build quality with the major contractor, one of the older subbies took the contractor off for a bit of a chat, some of which I over-heard. He told him that farangs often just won't accept stuff that Thais accept. That we complain if we don't get what we pay for. And that if he pissed me off he would lose the job and I would never use him again, so he wouldnt get the next job, not at any price. Since it was a small village and I had more projects to do, he rightly believed that might be a problem.

The contractor appeared to be genuinely astonished, like he had never heard of such a thing. He didn't enjoy the loss of face very much but I did get what I needed.

*sigh* culture shock. Its a whole different world out here my friend.

D

Hi . , take a look here -> http://www.buddybb.net/promotion.asp

4mbits domestics and 4 mbits International . . ,, if lucky 2mbits INT 24/7 Then . . sounds fair ? . . ,,

Any way . .im using MAXnet now.. and im more then Happy . . .downloding torrents 24/7 on 340kb/s on 3mbits premier package 2200 THB . .,,

So if ADC Buddy is simular in BKK im Happy . . .,,

Plz any one using ADC Buddy..Reply here !

That's because your likly using a cheap home package. Doesn't happen with biz package as mentioned earlier.

I consistently get 2.3 MB on CSLox home package (3MB), the occasional slow down but not much and not often. Very happy with it. The up speed is not so great though - 200KB but I am not so fussed about that.

I have CSLOX at home, and it is close to useless during business hours. I pay for 1024 down, and many times my speed is slower than even modem speed and sometimes it completely grinds to a halt. If I find myself working at home during business hours, I often use tethering with my iPhone and connect to GRPS, which believe it or not, is much faster than my CSLOX ADSL connection!

It probably depends on where you are located and the hub involved, but nothing could be worse than CSLOX during business hours for me.

Anybody have advice on best performing ISP in the Pattaya/Jomtein areas ?

I'm using TOT in Jomtein. Rubbish. Always slow 24/7. Constant disconnections.

:) Very displeased with (service) and want to switch.

Thanks.

Mel.

I have CSLOX at home, and it is close to useless during business hours. I pay for 1024 down, and many times my speed is slower than even modem speed and sometimes it completely grinds to a halt. If I find myself working at home during business hours, I often use tethering with my iPhone and connect to GRPS, which believe it or not, is much faster than my CSLOX ADSL connection!

It probably depends on where you are located and the hub involved, but nothing could be worse than CSLOX during business hours for me.

Sounds just like my 4Mb TRUE crapnet service. Changing to KSC 2Mb Lite next week, which I was worried to find out is also a part of the TRUE group. Still, they say they are different and the service suggests that may be true (no pun intended). We shall see...

Watch this space...

Kev