Good News Manu Fans

bkkjames

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid=...;newsid=6612141

:o

REDS BAR IN BANGOK ,,,need I say more, we don't have to hang out with those BLUES, GUNs or LIVERPOOS again while watching Championship football.

In case you can't open the link just go on the manutd.com site and click the club news.

24/06/2008 10:00PAGE: 1 2Reds bar for BangkokReds fans in Thailand will soon have a place to meet, eat and watch the matches - the Manchester United Restaurant & Bar in Bangkok.

The new venue will serve Thai, Asian and English / American cuisine and show United games and other major sporting events live on a state-of-the-art video wall. Fans will also be able to watch the action while drinking or dining outdoors, thanks to a giant projector screen. The restaurant and bar will also be adorned with United memorabilia and photos of players past and present.

The Bangkok outlet will be the third Reds-themed restaurant and bar to be opened by Manchester United Food & Beverage Asia Pte Ltd (MUFB Asia), with two such venues already open in the Indonesian cities of Jakarta and Bandung. Another is planned for Seoul, Korea before the end of this year.

Andy Yun, chief executive officer of MUFB Asia, said: “We believe United’s fans in Thailand have been waiting for a place like this to bring them closer to the Club.

“We’re confident that over time, the Manchester United Restaurant & Bar will become the connecting point between the Club and its 14 million fans in Thailand.”

MUFB Asia has granted a franchise to Venture Group to open the Manchester United Restaurant & Bar in the city of Bangkok. The company has secured a site within a new four-star hotel at Sukhumwit 11 Road which will open its doors in October 2008.

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid=...;newsid=6612141

REDS BAR IN BANGOK ,,,need I say more, we don't have to hang out with those BLUES, GUNs or LIVERPOOS again while watching Championship football.

In case you can't open the link just go on the manutd.com site and click the club news.

Great news - if all the "Reds" fans clear off that's another 2 (two) seats for the Liverpool lads! :D

Well man poo fans do like to drink anywhere but manchester dont they lol.

goarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrn Stoke

Ah nice to see the envy. At least the Arshole fans can go hang out at all their retail shops and stare up at all the nice kits. Not what Chelsea fans do to keep them entertained. Perhaps play the Champions League Final over and over again.

As for Liverpoo, you can always harp back to the glory days - how long has it been.

But seriously, all you none ManU fans are welcome to our new home but bear in mind there will be two tier pricing. For dedicated Man U Fans I am thinking 80 Baht per bottle of Heineken, double that price for other supporters because you are farang.

:o:D

Isn't this advertising ? Or are they sponsors ?

I'm a Man Utd fan but wondered what bkkjames is upto here ?

Can I give the little beach bar I drink at a plug here too ?

Would a Mod please clarify - where's the Kilted Member when you need him ?.. :o

Would a Mod please clarify - where's the Kilted Member when you need him ?.. :D

No, it seems like it's an Offical Man Ure Bar which is great news as i now have a place to use regulary after a dodgy Som Tum, to drop my Guts, excellent.. :o

No, it seems like it's an Offical Man Ure Bar which is great news as i now have a place to use regulary after a dodgy Som Tum, to drop my Guts, excellent.. :o

som tam dont give u a smelly toot, but indian food does :D

I'm not convinced that its such a great idea :D

I can just imagine a group of pissed-up Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Newcastle, etc fans walking past and either going in to find trouble or starting trouble outside.

That's the very last thing that Bangkok needs :o

I've heard that there is a Portsmouth Bar on Samui I think, but Pompey is not Man U, with the intense rivalry and bitterness associated with the name.

If it's a bar aimed at Thai's well maybe thats a whole different "ball game" :D

Hope it works out.

Maybe I could open a bar just for Reading fans...I enjoy my own company :D

I doubt any fights would start up or it'd be rare. Most fans in Bangkok seem to be quite cordial to each other. My friend is Man U. and I'm Liverpool and we watch matches together all the time. Who knows?

My mate said, even though he's a Man U. fan, that it'd probably be full of twa** and charge high prices for beer.

I doubt any fights would start up or it'd be rare. Most fans in Bangkok seem to be quite cordial to each other. My friend is Man U. and I'm Liverpool and we watch matches together all the time. Who knows?

My mate said, even though he's a Man U. fan, that it'd probably be full of twa** and charge high prices for beer.

My concerns are more about the behaviour of tourists, not ex-pats.

Soi 11 is in a very touristy area

Not up to anything but come to think of it maybe I should contact the owners for a commission. Actually just a long time Red Devil fan who is happy happy happy. :o

To get rid of your fears, Arsenal is opening up to 19 retail outlets in the Kingdom I hear.

Chelsea has T-shops in some malls - called Whitard of something. But no Vodka available from what I saw.

Man City brought no name players here last month.

I'm not convinced that its such a great idea :D

I can just imagine a group of pissed-up Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Newcastle, etc fans walking past and either going in to find trouble or starting trouble outside.

That's the very last thing that Bangkok needs :o

I've heard that there is a Portsmouth Bar on Samui I think, but Pompey is not Man U, with the intense rivalry and bitterness associated with the name.

Well i personally managed to stick some chewing Gum on the 3 of the Arsenal Shirt in the Central World Shop a few months back..It's my own personal bitterness that made me do it Officer... :D

Yeah there's a Pompey Bar on Samui, run by a Guy called Nick, lovely Guy..

There is or was something similar in S'pore called Devils bar. To be honest it wasn't exactly a football place, more like a trendy night club to hang out.

Although I'm a United fan, I doubt that I'll be frequenting it very often, will stick with watching the games in the usual places with a mixture of fans of different clubs. Spending a Saturday night watching a game with a load of plastic fans is hardly something that I'm interested in.

Edited by mrtoad

There is or was something similar in S'pore called Devils bar. To be honest it wasn't exactly a football place, more like a trendy night club to hang out.

Although I'm a United fan, I doubt that I'll be frequenting it very often, will stick with watching the games in the usual places with a mixture of fans of different clubs. Spending a Saturday night watching a game with a load of plastic fans is hardly something that I'm interested in.

I have to agree with you totally Mr T.

To me there is something more appealling about a mixed bar with mixed races, mixed age groups, mixed races and even mixed drinks..... :D

I couldn't face the football without the banter (that's half the fun)

So it is still the "Happy Bar for me"

As its some kind of franchise and not directly linked to Man U, id have thought a Premier League bar would be better as this is just going to alienate fans from other teams i.e. the majority.

When in Pattaya id never drink in a bar for one specific team especially the Celtic bar due to the anti British connotations linked with the club.

especially the Celtic bar

Me too mate. :D Didnt even know ther was one. Not that i ever went there very often. Only when playing football in Pattaya. :o

Its off Soi Buakaow, and its covered in Celtic green, ive actually nothing against Celtic and dont get involved in the Irish problems just being English id be wary to go in there. There is a Newcastle bar in this vicinity and that seems to have a strange atmosphere when the footies on.

Where as the Premier League bar also off Soi Buakaow has all clubs badges and flags is always packed and has a great atmosphere.

Gullivers takes some beating for football when all the games are on on a Saturday afternoon (UK time)

Thats good news for me as when I come to Bangkok I always stay in Sukhumvit Soi 11 at the Ambassador or Federal.

I normally eat and have a few bevvies of Chang at the German Brauhaus opposite the Grand President.....I was there at the end of this week but difficult with Germany in the Final of Euro 2008......Germans more arrogant than ever ! :o

So I''ll definitely give this place a whirl when it opens......hope its a success ! :D

There's a Sheffield Wednesday and Wolves bar on Sukhumwit called the Pickled Liver. Or is it a Sunderland, Falkirk, Man U, Liverpool and Arsenal bar because I have seen fans of those clubs in there too?!

Hmmmmmm ... where's the Hartlepool Supporters Club bar in Bangkok???