Lifetime Lease

it's been suggested to me, that a lifetime lease offers more protection than a 30 year one.

anyone know the advantages ? I'm 64, so either one will do me. I thought the 30 year one was a safe bet.

A lifetime lease is called a Usufruct.

There's lots written about it here if you do a search.

Basically the Usufruct dies with you but with a lease I understand you may be able to leave the remaining portion to your heirs but you'll have to check that out carefully.

"A flu is a cancer."

No, a flu is a flu, and a cancer is a cancer.

I think you're trying, unsuccessfully, is argue that a "usufruct" agreement is not a "lease". Although there are legal instruments with differences (for example: a lease has a definite period - a usufruct does not, and a lease produces a taxable income - a usufruct does not), a usufruct can, essentially, be considered a "lifetime lease". There are several real estate developers that are selling "villas" using a "lifetime lease" arrangement and, if you investigate them, you'll see that the instument used is a usufruct.

"A flu is a cancer."

I think you're trying, unsuccessfully, is argue that a "usufruct" agreement is not a "lease". Although there are legal instruments with differences (for example: a lease has a definite period - a usufruct does not, and a lease produces a taxable income - a usufruct does not), a usufruct can, essentially, be considered a "lifetime lease".

Wanna be smart fool

To anwer the OP's question or to make it clear:

Buying property as investment into you own name is not possible in Thailand.

Ok a condo but these things wont last for more than 30 years... A house, ok also true, but owning a house relates to owning land and as you can't own the land it's built on this house ownership is limited to your rights to the land (lease, superficies, usufruct).

People invest in real estate because in the long run it's a good investment - historically. In Thailand can't invest in real estate because you can't own the land.

If I would invest myself into a property in Thailand I would set up a company, ok it's a risk but I like risks, and after the temasek investigations and they canceled the fba amendments I take this risks, but not with my last money.

A lifetime lease does not exist. Maybe you mean a usufruct - this usufruct thing will end with death - 1 day or many years, I don't like this.

A lease in Thailand is merely prepaid rent but secure for 30 years. Options (renewal to purchase or what they think of: eg perpetual) are a greater risk from an investors point of view than owning through a company. But then again, if the OP is happy with a usufruct and wants to buy the property in his ###'s name, yes it's safe if he sees it as prepaid rent and is happy is gf gets the property

"A flu is a cancer."

I think you're trying, unsuccessfully, is argue that a "usufruct" agreement is not a "lease". Although there are legal instruments with differences (for example: a lease has a definite period - a usufruct does not, and a lease produces a taxable income - a usufruct does not), a usufruct can, essentially, be considered a "lifetime lease".

Wanna be smart fool

YOU are the one that said A flu is a cancer. Don't compare one with the orther (sic) and you're calling BL4u a fool????????????????????? :o

"A flu is a cancer."

Wanna be smart fool

YOU are the one that said A flu is a cancer. Don't compare one with the orther (sic) and you're calling Glyph a fool????????????????????? :o

Corrected posters name