Non-profit Organizations, Volunteer Work

endlessnights

hello all,

I recently moved to bangkok and wanted to do some NGO work.. however, I decided not to (long story), but I still want to dedicate some of my free time to some groups that focuses on.. either AIDS, sex workers, environment, poverty, or really any liberal political issues. There's so much.

I live 30mins outside of bkk and thinking of moving in the city in a few months.

can anyone recommend groups/organizations? I also want to mention that my Thai is very very minimal.. so English is kind of a must.

thank you!!

Following on to charity setups in LOS...quick question.

Is there a government dept that these /any organisations /NGOs register with and are accountable to with respect their operational agendas similar to Registration with say the Charity Commission in the U.K.

I know of one guy who was with me years ago with UNV in Cambodia and he was asking about setting up in C.M-C.R.

Believe he is still in P.P.and registered with the Cambo Government, Ministry of Such and Such and would assume Thailand has similar criteria.

His specific areas of operations used to be with repat.of refugees but now covers education,rural development and for a time(with yours truly) medical aid.

(UK Registered.C.C.)

Thanks.