Tourist Visa For G/f To Visit Aust

I would like some advice on getting my Thai G/f a visa to visit Aust for about 1 week at christmas ...N/year .

We have known each other for nearly 2 years .

We have chatted online for this time .

I have been to visit her 2 times .

We sms every day for the last year .

Phone call every day for last 6 months .

She has a job in accounting , she has worked for this company for about 9 years . And he boss will give refrence that she can have holiday and that she will return to work

She lives with her family in bkk .

But she not have a lot of money ....

What would be the best way to apply for tourist visa ?

I worry about the bank statment that they will want to see .

Can i get a statatory deceleration in australia stating that i am happy to support and sponser for this holiday to Aust .

I have printed all the emails we have sent each other , have copy of phone and sms records .

i will be going to visit her in 3 weeks time and would it be a good idea if i went with her to apply for visa ?

Any advice would be welcome

Thank you

I would like some advice on getting my Thai G/f a visa to visit Aust for about 1 week at christmas ...N/year .

We  have chatted online for this time .

She has a job in accounting , she has worked for this company for  about 9 years . And he boss will give refrence that she  can have holiday and that she will return to work

What would be the best way to  apply for tourist visa ?

I worry about the bank statment  that they will want to see .

Can i get a statatory deceleration  in australia stating that i am happy to support  and sponser for this holiday to Aust .

I have  printed all the emails we have sent each other , have copy of phone and sms records .

i will be going to visit her in 3 weeks time and would it be a good idea if i went with her  to apply for visa ?

Thank you

Go in with her and take everything possible with you. A letter of reference from your own employer is a good idea too. Conservative dress by you and her at the Embassy is a must. Do a search on here there is scores of info on file from actual people that were doing it or did it.

Firstly be aware that it is very difficlt to obtain a flight from BKK to Australia during Xmas/New Year period. if not possible try BKK/HK/Oz; the extra cost is minimal. In other words book now! You can pay closer to departure date.

For official Oz government criteria for tourist visa go to:

www.immi.gov.au/allforms/visiting_tourism.htm

We  have chatted online for this time .

She has a job in accounting , she has worked for this company for  about 9 years . And he boss will give refrence that she  can have holiday and that she will return to work

What would be the best way to  apply for tourist visa ?

I worry about the bank statment  that they will want to see .

Can i get a statatory deceleration  in australia stating that i am happy to support  and sponser for this holiday to Aust .

I have  printed all the emails we have sent each other , have copy of phone and sms records .

i will be going to visit her in 3 weeks time and would it be a good idea if i went with her  to apply for visa ?

Thank you

Do you have any records of your net chats with her? If so, print a few samples.

Definitely get her boss to give her a signed letter of leave and something to the effect she is a trustworthy employee.

Definitely draft some sort of letter, it can be a Stat Dec, but doesn't have to be, stating where she will be staying, that you will be funding her visit, purchasing travel insurance and at all times be responsible for her. Have it signed and stamped/witnessed by a JP or Commissioner of Declarations.

Try to get lots of photos of you two travelling and ones of you together.

Your payslips would be good too. It's just a visitor visa, so the amount of cash you have in the bank shouldn't matter too much. I only had a couple of grand there when i did mine.

It sounds like you've got most of the angles covered. just remember that when you go for the interview its your girlfriend who will be interviewed, not you. When I was there in the Summer, some guys thought they would do all the talking and where most put out when they werent even allowed in the interview room. Dont go overboard on the dressing up bit, some guys turned up wearing suits that looked a bit ragged after they'd been queuibg up outside the embassy for several hours!

It sounds like you've got most of the angles covered. just remember that when you go for the interview its your girlfriend who will be interviewed, not you. When I was there in the Summer, some guys thought they would do all the talking and where most put out when they werent even allowed in the interview room. Dont go overboard on the dressing up bit, some guys turned up wearing suits that looked a bit ragged after they'd been queuibg up outside the embassy for several hours!

Ditto to most of this...

Payslips are a must.....they need to see you can support her....

Photos letters phone bills etc.....anything you have that connects you and her....be prepared for some to go missing as they will keep some.

You will need to sign a maintainence support document....

if you need assistance .... www.immi.gov.au ....is a help....they will send you the forms but it is better for her to get the forms from the gate of the embassy...Thai ones...

Go sober and clean.....

its very easy if she gets a letter from her boss stating she is employed, and a letter of assurance may not be necessesary,but have it done just in case, she should take photos of you both together,any letters,even emails,and if possible take telephone bills showing that you call her regurely,and dont bullshit about anything,that will backfire big time.

Just check out the DIMIA website and also the Australian embassy website in BK.

honesty realy pays in the long run,especialy if you eventualy want her come and live with you in Oz one day.

I made the big move and married my TG,and she now lives with me in Melbourne, OZ,its the best move i ever made.

Cheers

Colin

• 5 weeks later...

Just want to THANK everyone who gave me valuable advice on my G/F visa application .. She received a 3 months tourist visa this morning . (2 days to process)

I found the lady who interviewed her was very nice i showed her 2oo pages of emails and about 800 pages of MSN chat (bit of a overkill )phone bills , bank statments , letter from boss ... ect ..

So today we are both very happy as we will be spending xmas and new year together .

Krup koon mark mark krup

:o:D:D :

Just want to THANK everyone who gave me valuable advice on my G/F visa application .. She received a 3 months tourist visa this morning . (2 days to process)

I found the lady who interviewed her was very nice  i  showed her 2oo pages of emails  and about 800 pages of MSN chat (bit of a overkill )phone bills , bank statments , letter from boss ... ect ..

So today we are both very happy as we will be spending xmas and new year together .

Krup koon mark mark krup

:o  :D  :D  :

Good for you. :D