Microwave Convection Ovens...

Wolfie

My apartment doesnt have an oven, and no room for one either. I have been considering getting one of these Convection Microwave Ovens so that i can do some basic 'oven-based' cooking etc. Just wondered if anyone has any experience with these or has any advice/warnings.

I want to be able to cook things like sunday roasts, pasta bakes etc

I've seen various models for sale in the electrical stores, they seem to retail for about 20,000b thereabouts. If anyone knows of a shop that sells them cheaper, i'd appreciate the information :o

My apartment doesnt have an oven, and no room for one either. I have been considering getting one of these Convection Microwave Ovens so that i can do some basic 'oven-based' cooking etc. Just wondered if anyone has any experience with these or has any advice/warnings.

I've seen various models for sale in the electrical stores, they seem to retail for about 20,000b thereabouts. If anyone knows of a shop that sells them cheaper, i'd appreciate the information :o

I had a Sharp convection/microwave oven years ago. It was very, very good. One xmas (a great time to re-build your kitchen, btw) I managed to cook xmas dinner for six using just it and a camping gas ring. Beware, however, that while a 14lb goose will fit inside, and cook very nicely, it will break the turntable ...

• 1 month later...

I bought the Toshiba ER-C10 model here in Thailand. It does the job, but I think I could do without all the bells and whistles. Paid way too much for lots of programming tricks that I never use. It was about 20kbbaht. The built in fan also doesn't blow the heat evenly, so one side of the food always burns. I think I prefer the old style with the heating element on top. Other than that, it has been a good convention oven/microwave. I use it everyday.

I bought the Toshiba ER-C10 model here in Thailand. It does the job, but I think I could do without all the bells and whistles. Paid way too much for lots of programming tricks that I never use. It was about 20kbbaht. The built in fan also doesn't blow the heat evenly, so one side of the food always burns. I think I prefer the old style with the heating element on top. Other than that, it has been a good convention oven/microwave. I use it everyday.

• 8 months later...

I've seen various models for sale in the electrical stores, they seem to retail for about 20,000b thereabouts. If anyone knows of a shop that sells them cheaper, i'd appreciate the information :D

Central Rama 3 will have your answers :o Don't forget your Earth wire.

I've seen various models for sale in the electrical stores, they seem to retail for about 20,000b thereabouts. If anyone knows of a shop that sells them cheaper, i'd appreciate the information :D

Central Rama 3 will have your answers :D Don't forget your Earth wire.

Don't forget your Earth wire

Good advise! I forgot this when I had the test run last Xmas with my new oven.

I nearly cooked earlier than my goose :o

Gerd