Thai Dictionary For Palm

ChiangMaiAjarn

I've recently bought a Palm handheld PC thingy, and would like to add Thai dictionary software to it. To my mind the best software will probably be the Thai-English dictionary produced by Benjawan Poomsam Becker (I love her paper dictionary, in my opinion it is much more useful, and useable, than any other available). Does anyone have any experience of using her dictionary on a Palm? or any other dictionary software for that matter?

I'd be very interested to hear any opinions. Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

I use a Palm Treo 650 and I have used the software from Paiboon Publishing. It can be downloaded here and costs US$ 40. I found it quite useful since it features:

- English -> Thai (+ Thai phoentic)

- Thai -> English

- Thai phonetic -> Thai + English

and includes a Thai keyboard.

Thanks for feedback folks. I have bitten the bullet and bought the software online (45 dollars in total, using Paypal) and think it is well worth the money. I bought my Palm Zire 72 recently (2nd hand) for 4000 Baht, including a bunch of extras. Add in 1300 Baht for the great dictionary and I've got something much more useful than a Cyberdict (with a dictionary actually aimed at Thai language learners, rather than being aimed at Thais) for a similar price. The Palm's leather case is also my wallet, so I actually carry this everywhere. So useful!

Actually buying software is a strange experience in Thailand, but this is great software, it's a niche market, and it deserves to be supported. Get yourself a Palm if you want a great electronic dictionary! If you've already got a Palm then buy this dictionary: what's 45 bucks! ;-)