Help Needed

gfunk.

Was posed with a riddle on friday and as a rule i'm quite good with them, however this one's a real kicker,

3 doctors are traveling through a desert, when they come across a drowned donkey lying before them, no planes have passed over head in months and the near'st watering hole is over five hundred miles away. The question of course is how did a donkey drown in a desert?

I dont have a clue and have just searched the web with no luck, any one have any ideas???

Was posed with a riddle on friday and as a rule i'm quite good with them, however this one's a real kicker,

3 doctors are traveling through a desert, when they come across a drowned donkey lying before them, no planes have passed over head in months and the near'st watering hole is over five hundred miles away. The question of course is how did a donkey drown in a desert?

I dont have a clue and have just searched the web with no luck, any one have any ideas???

Captain Kirk drowned the donkey and beamed him down to the desert to conceal the evidence :o ...?

The donkey was found drowned in a dried up river bed after a flash flood. Some deserts can receive too much rain all at once then nothing for bloody ages.

Or, the donkey drowned in a mirage? :D

Or, the donkeys lungs filled with sand during a sandstorm? :o

Desert got cold at night and Donkey caught pneumonia.  Lungs filled with fluid and Donkey drowned.

There's your answer gfunk. Well done Sulaphat. Kirk could also be the perpetrator, although slightly less likely; he's not the murdering type.

Simple ,the donkey had been washed up on the beach, the desert extended to the sea as it does in many places.

:o

Simple ,the donkey had been washed up on the beach, the desert extended to the sea as it does in many places.

:o

Never heard of a sea retreating 500 miles in the time it'd take a donkey's body to decompose. But then again, the sea isn't classed as a watering hole, so to speak; so you could be right. Good thinking :D

If the lack of flora or fauna on the earth's surface constitutes a desert, then is the ocean a desert?  Diddn't the Eagles say so in one of their songs?

To get really anal, I think the oceans actually hold the vast majority of the Earth's flora and fauna....

True, but not on the surface.

...seaweed and Jaws :o

gfunk, have you got the answer yet? Still think Sulaphat's original answer is the correct one, though.

• 2 weeks later...

The answer is...

Once there was a forest.

In the forest,

There was a fire.

No one knew how, what or even why.

The firemen were called,

Their planes and choppers flew wildly

With buckets that water did hold.

from the nearby little wadi´s.

Now Pedro was a pauper, but proud.

His donkey had won,

at the beauty contest a crown.

All was good and getting better,

on the day the fire did fetter.

Pedro jumped up and Donkey did tumble,

Into the wadi, where the choppers did fumble

with buckets and water and scoops and ...

Donkey and Pedro, once both so proud,

Now only Pedro for the donkey had drowned.

(Okay it started bad, and only got worse... but hey)