Comments On The New Pattaya Eye Center Please

Jingthing

This is a new one doc center. The doc DR NATTAWAT used to work at Pattaya International Hospital. His prices are better than PIH or BPH. The question is, how good is this eye center and this doctor? Any experiences to report good or bad with this doc, either at his new digs or when he worked at PIH?

http://www.pattayaeyecenter.com/index.php?...mp;Id=538635538

Edited by Jingthing

Oh, that is exactly what I was afraid of. Is there a Pattaya eye doctor I could go to that could be trusted not to oversell major procedures?

I went to a hospital here in Pattaya and picked who I thought was the best eye doctor. He told me than retinas were in danger of tearing and while eyes were wide open (he had prescribed the usual drops) he would quickly laser them both. I quickly ran away to Bumrungrad where I was told nothing wrong with my retinas. But who was right?? But that was about 2 years ago and no problems since.

I've see Dr. Nat at PIH and the main eye man Dr. Somchai at BPH for evaluations about the "Supersight"surgery.

I have normal 63 year old eyes wtih correction for distance and not bad reading vision.

Both stated I have early stage cataracts for a man my age and not bad.

They both would do the surgery but did not push it.

At this stage in my life I chose to continue with my eyeglasses and not risk any cutting on a perfectly healthy pair of eyes.

I've see Dr. Nat at PIH and the main eye man Dr. Somchai at BPH for evaluations about the "Supersight"surgery.

I have normal 63 year old eyes wtih correction for distance and not bad reading vision.

Both stated I have early stage cataracts for a man my age and not bad.

They both would do the surgery but did not push it.

At this stage in my life I chose to continue with my eyeglasses and not risk any cutting on a perfectly healthy pair of eyes.

At your age I was working in Libya and had no problems with my eyes, apart from corrective eye glasses.

Moved to UAF and was detected with start of cateracts. Did not do anything.

Now working in Vietnam- cateract surgery esential in the next few months.

I have already had a quote from BPH and will get additional quotes from the BKK clinic near Asoke (Ritnin ?) and this new clinic in Pattaya on my next leave. I cannot leave it any longer - over a five-year period it has developed from a minor irritation to a big problem.

I see Dr. Chate at Bumrungrad for my glaucoma.

His Special Clinical Interests are Cataract, Refractive Surgery,LASIK and Excimer Laser.

He is a very experienced and professional doc.

I wouldn't trust any doctor in Pattaya with my eyes or teeth. :o

I myself very recently had the Lasik eye laser surgery at the Bangkok-Pattaya Hospital - Dr Somchai, i was told, is one of the best eye surgeons in the whole of Thailand, he is a very very nice guy and very helpful. I dont need reading glasses anymore, everything is clearer, but still cannot see my watch or telephone very good. My eyes are very dry, and have to use artificial tear drops every day, hopefuly they will go better in time. Dr Somchai was very profeshional and helpful, and my aftercare seems very good.

• 2 months later...
This is a new one doc center. The doc DR NATTAWAT used to work at Pattaya International Hospital. His prices are better than PIH or BPH. The question is, how good is this eye center and this doctor? Any experiences to report good or bad with this doc, either at his new digs or when he worked at PIH?

http://www.pattayaeyecenter.com/index.php?...mp;Id=538635538

no offense but i had two friends that lost 1 side eye vision from a surgery in bph,

and i know someone who had have to make 4-5 major operations to his back spine, just because they have messed up the first operation, so for me bph is not in sight, expensive charge just because farang have money.

the pih therefore is better maybe not the staff that will make you look like a god just like in the bph,

but they have very good doctors. my father has problems with his heart so Dr. Kitchkarn read a whole book about the heart. to take care of my father, so my father added to the doctor" keep me alive, or you will loose a good paying patient"

so he did. so i my self recommend the pih.

but to come back to the subject, i would advise the bumrungrat in bangkok they have got a world best eye and heart doctor for the price of a penny.

but this is all depending on if you want to go to bkk or not.

• 10 months later...
Oh, that is exactly what I was afraid of. Is there a Pattaya eye doctor I could go to that could be trusted not to oversell major procedures?

in short....NO....go to rutnin eyeh hospital off shukumvit in bangkok. easy to find. great & correct service! no unneeded traetments and surgery.

this goes also for other treatments. don't trust anybody!

• Like 1

I had the SuperSight surgery performed by Dr. Somchai at BPH last September and could not be more pleased with the results.

I had several trusted friends that had already undergone the operation and heard nothing but praise for him.

Normally I would not consider going to BPH for anything, though in this case I was assured he was the best.

On the insurance side, I told him that regardless of possible cateracts and insurance claims, I still wanted it done. When I did get half the money returned by my insurance company I considered that a bonus.

The hospital itself is a money machine, Dr. Somchai seemed genuine, took every possible caution against infection and was the perfect gentleman throughout.......I would not hesitate in recomending him.

PS. It does not hurt!!!

I had the SuperSight surgery performed by Dr. Somchai at BPH last September and could not be more pleased with the results.

I had several trusted friends that had already undergone the operation and heard nothing but praise for him.

Normally I would not consider going to BPH for anything, though in this case I was assured he was the best.

On the insurance side, I told him that regardless of possible cateracts and insurance claims, I still wanted it done. When I did get half the money returned by my insurance company I considered that a bonus.

The hospital itself is a money machine, Dr. Somchai seemed genuine, took every possible caution against infection and was the perfect gentleman throughout.......I would not hesitate in recomending him.

PS. It does not hurt!!!

Is this Dr Somchai at BPH a funny looking little fellow, if so I had my eyes lasered by him in 2006 for distance and they are still A1.

• 5 months later...

I know this doctor personally, and if you are looking to get treatment - DON'T

Here's my story, I will stick to the facts, these are the facts and can be verified if the Mods want to contact me..

He was removed from BPH are numerous complaints - one of which was mine - which I will elaborate below.

He was removed from PIH for similar.

I woke up one morning with a detached retina, I immediately raced to BPH for treatment, I was given the option to go to the eye hospital in Bkk but was assured by the doctor in question that he could fix my problem.

During the course of the operation, the laser being used to reattach the retina broke down - not the Doctors fault - but I later found out that he had miss fired several times in the central vision of my eye which for the rest of my life, I will not be able to see from.

Because he did not complete the surgery, I had to return several times to sit in front of a machine whilst he fired the laser into the back of my eye to burn and reattached the retina in place.

Now, unlike Lasik where it scratches the surface, with a detached retina the laser has to penetrate to the back of the eye and burn the soft tissue - he gave me no local or anything to counteract the pain which I can tell you was beyond a 10.

Add to this the brightness of the laser piecing through your eye is like the brightest light you could ever imagine suddenly being flashed inside your eye - instant migraine.

All the time he was doing this he was verbally angry with me for reacting to the pain - it was so intense and so was he.

I now see Doctor Pipat at BPH who is amazing and very sympathetic to the number of stories he has been told by past and present.

I see Doctor Pipat every 2 weeks, at the moment because I have a similar problem with the other eye which Doctor Pipat has managed so far to prevent any major issues.

• Like 1