Best Guiness In Bangkok

Finlaco

Hi

Any suggestions as to which Bar serves the best pint of Guinness in Bangkok? Any happy hours for Guinness? Just curious because I have lived here for a few years and although I'm Irish, I normally drink Leo.

Thanks

Hi

Any suggestions as to which Bar serves the best pint of Guinness in Bangkok? Any happy hours for Guinness? Just curious because I have lived here for a few years and although I'm Irish, I normally drink Leo.

Thanks

Best deal on Guinness is at the Witches Oyster Bar on Soi Ruam Rudee, near Ploen Chit BTS. Buy one get one free, so effectively half price, assuming you'll be drinking more than one pint (they'll bring your second free one after you've finished the first if you like, rather than both coming together).

Not a bad pint in there either for Bangkok standards: but there's nowhere that really stands out as serving the best Guinness - all pubs have their on-days and off-days I find. If the pub itself is fairly nice, such as the Bull's Head, The Dubliner, etc. then there's a higher chance that the Guinness will probably be OK. If the pub's clearly pretty crap, such as the Duke of Wellington on Silom or the Robin Hood on Sukhumvit, then don't bother ordering the Guinness.

Hi

Thanks

Best deal on Guinness is at the Witches Oyster Bar on Soi Ruam Rudee, near Ploen Chit BTS. Buy one get one free, so effectively half price, assuming you'll be drinking more than one pint (they'll bring your second free one after you've finished the first if you like, rather than both coming together).

Not a bad pint in there either for Bangkok standards: but there's nowhere that really stands out as serving the best Guinness - all pubs have their on-days and off-days I find. If the pub itself is fairly nice, such as the Bull's Head, The Dubliner, etc. then there's a higher chance that the Guinness will probably be OK. If the pub's clearly pretty crap, such as the Duke of Wellington on Silom or the Robin Hood on Sukhumvit, then don't bother ordering the Guinness.

Thanks -- Much appreciated -- Go raibh maith agat

I took my girlfriend into Bully's one evening and she tried a glass of "the black stuff", she was suitably unimpressed. I managed to talk her into having another glass of it when we went to Dublin a month or so later, she was definately not too sure when I suggested it but she said she would try it again. She was amazed at the difference in taste, that was all she would drink after that.

I must admit to having tried it in several countries around the world, and still cannot find one that tastes the same as "back home"

Good luck with your endeavour.

I took my girlfriend into Bully's one evening and she tried a glass of "the black stuff", she was suitably unimpressed. I managed to talk her into having another glass of it when we went to Dublin a month or so later, she was definately not too sure when I suggested it but she said she would try it again. She was amazed at the difference in taste, that was all she would drink after that.

I must admit to having tried it in several countries around the world, and still cannot find one that tastes the same as "back home"

Good luck with your endeavour.

thanks

Can't comment on its quality, but the Pickled Liver just off Soi 11 does Guiness for 160 a pint, which is a good price. They do good priced happy hour drinks as well (although Guiness and Kilkenny is one price all the time).

They also do the odd good single malt for 100b.

It's a good bar.

Saw guys walking around in KL, necking Guiness.........<deleted>.

I tried a bottle, no widget, was foul.

Never tried necking it, mortal sin.........<deleted>.

I usually get the genuine Dublin brewed cans.

• 2 weeks later...

Think Guinness is now included again in the Sunday evening happy hour 'Toss the Boss' at the Bulls Head. Whilst I too have yet to find a pint of the black stuff here that really hits the mark, at least you might get it for free at the BH! Worth a try!!

CC

Think Guinness is now included again in the Sunday evening happy hour 'Toss the Boss' at the Bulls Head. Whilst I too have yet to find a pint of the black stuff here that really hits the mark, at least you might get it for free at the BH! Worth a try!!

CC

Thanks

Where is the draft/kegged Guiness, which is sold here, brewed?

What makes it good or bad? The source product? Serving apparatus (clean)? Temperature?

when i work in the pub trade back in merry old england, Guiness used to come round every six months to ensure all was ok, but the main factors are

1) Age of the Keg ( i doubt a pub in thailand would throw away one slightly out of date )

2) Temperature the Keg is Held at ( does the bar store in a cold room in thailand or cellar )

3) How the pint is poured ( does the bar tender pour correctly IE perfect angle then let to settle then pour again, as i have seen many pubs pour guiness like lager )

4) How often the lines are cleaned ( the lines should be cleaned once a week, with all excess in the line thrown away, or drunk for free )

So in a nutshell, the bar in Bangkok that serves the best Guiness must be following the correct rules, as they all get the same Kegs from the Same supplier :o

By no means an expert, but would suggest;

1. freshness

2. how it is kept

3. how it is delivered into the glass

4. how it is poured.

I would also suggest that few countries in the world have a clue as to how it should be delivered.

The ranking probably goes as such;

1. Ireland

2. everywhere else, getting progressively worse in accordance to distance from source of origin.

I've never been tempted to try Guinness over here but drank it quite often back in the UK. Drinking Guinness in Ireland is an unforgettable experience, it's like having your throat caressed by angels.

The answer to " Where is it brewed"

Malaysia if it's draught guinness or Ireland if its canned with a widget. At least my Guiness comes from Ireland, and a lot of people say it's better than the draught Malaysian. It is a lot more expensive though.160/170 a pint draught. 225/230 just under a pint canned. Makro do sell Irish guinness now at around 180 a can.

Where is the draft/kegged Guiness, which is sold here, brewed?

What makes it good or bad? The source product? Serving apparatus (clean)? Temperature?

when i work in the pub trade back in merry old england, Guiness used to come round every six months to ensure all was ok, but the main factors are

1) Age of the Keg ( i doubt a pub in thailand would throw away one slightly out of date )

2) Temperature the Keg is Held at ( does the bar store in a cold room in thailand or cellar )

3) How the pint is poured ( does the bar tender pour correctly IE perfect angle then let to settle then pour again, as i have seen many pubs pour guiness like lager )

4) How often the lines are cleaned ( the lines should be cleaned once a week, with all excess in the line thrown away, or drunk for free )

So in a nutshell, the bar in Bangkok that serves the best Guiness must be following the correct rules, as they all get the same Kegs from the Same supplier :o

Draught Guiness kegs distributed in Thailand are filled with Malaysian brew. Can't fathom anyone sending kegs from Ireland, very costly or very slow.

Hi

Thanks

To each his own. I like the Duke of Wellington, I'm not impressed with O'Reillys, and I'm happy to go to the Dubliner and Molly Malones while finding Bull's Head too "in your face".

It's actually quite a pleasant pastime hunting for the perfect Guinness!

Hi

Thanks

To each his own. I like the Duke of Wellington, I'm not impressed with O'Reillys, and I'm happy to go to the Dubliner and Molly Malones while finding Bull's Head too "in your face".

It's actually quite a pleasant pastime hunting for the perfect Guinness!

Thanks

The stuff just doesn't travel well at all. Pity really as it can be an ace drink when you get the real thing. I was in Zambia last week and funnily enough it was darn good. I guess it was from the Nigeria Brewery?? Is this one of the biggest in the world???

In Thailand I do try to avoid it after a few not so good experiences... :o:D

Good on the guys who buy the James Street Brewery cans....about the closest I have tasted. The pint in O'Tooles in Karon is not too bad come to think of it.

• 7 months later...

if your ever back in ireland again ,come to my pub in wexford the out house bar and lounge.the best pint you will ever taste .guaranteed ......my wife from thailand can keep your missus busy chatting while you enjoy your pint :o

if your ever back in ireland again ,come to my pub in wexford the out house bar and lounge.the best pint you will ever taste .guaranteed ......my wife from thailand can keep your missus busy chatting while you enjoy your pint :o

Is your pub in Wexford town and if so what street ?