Brunei

Jonny B

hi, i need to go to the empire hotel and country club for a golf tournament, as nice as that hotel sounds it s a bit out of my budget, does anybody know if there are cheap accommodation options within about 20 min drive of that course and travel options to and from there?

thanks alot for any help

hi, i need to go to the empire hotel and country club for a golf tournament, as nice as that hotel sounds it s a bit out of my budget, does anybody know if there are cheap accommodation options within about 20 min drive of that course and travel options to and from there?

thanks alot for any help

Sorry mate, can't help you but I am pretty sure websites like tripadvisor can.

Empire Hotel is a good 20 to 30 minutes outside Bandar Seri Begawan. There aren't any hotels closer than Bandar, so you're probably going to have to stay there. By the way, taxis are pretty expensive in Brunei as everyone of the locals have cars.

In Bandar, I have stayed at Brunei Hotel and it was ok. Can't recall the room rate exactly but think it was about 100 Brunei dollars or about 2500 baht. There is also a Sheraton Hotel, but the price is probably not that much different to Empire.

One more thing, sometimes it is possible to negotiate some pretty good discounts with the Empire Hotel. Usually they have low occupancy and are looking to fill some rooms.

Enjoy your gold and stay out of the bunkers! They are very steep on the Empire course.

Empire Hotel is a good 20 to 30 minutes outside Bandar Seri Begawan. There aren't any hotels closer than Bandar, so you're probably going to have to stay there. By the way, taxis are pretty expensive in Brunei as everyone of the locals have cars.

In Bandar, I have stayed at Brunei Hotel and it was ok. Can't recall the room rate exactly but think it was about 100 Brunei dollars or about 2500 baht. There is also a Sheraton Hotel, but the price is probably not that much different to Empire.

One more thing, sometimes it is possible to negotiate some pretty good discounts with the Empire Hotel. Usually they have low occupancy and are looking to fill some rooms.

Enjoy your gold and stay out of the bunkers! They are very steep on the Empire course.

fair enough mate, thanks for the help.

thanks alot for any help

I sent you a PM suggesting a couple of hotels etc.

This should be of some assistance: http://www.tourismbrunei.com/info/place.html

I forgot to tell you about the "Asma" hotel.

Edited by Shrubbery

There aren't any hotels closer than Bandar.

I'm afraid your imformation is not quite correct.

There are hotels outside Bandar.

There are 2 that I know of in Jerudong, which is 5 mins drive from the Empire. "The Holiday Lodge" and the "Asma".

There are also hotels in Gadong, Kuilap and Rimba, which are just outside Bandar. Though you could say they were "suburbs.

... travel options to and from there?

As mentioned, the taxis are expensive. When I lived there (9 years), at times it was B$50 (same as Singapore) to go from the airport to my house. Ten minutes. They tried zoning but I'm not sure what's on offer now. Also, (at that time) the zones broke down the closer you got to the Empire Hotel.

Try and get your hotel to arrange a pick up (and good luck).

But unless things have dramatically changed in the past two years, be prepared:

to be left stranded at the airport on arrival.

for your ride between hotels to never materialise.

for your ride to the airport at the end of your trip to never show up.

mai bin rai ...

Your best bet for transportation is a rental car.

As already mentioned, the Empire runs on empty most times so they are open to amazing deals.