Thai-land-house

My wife and I are planning to build a house on some land we/she owns in Issan. Has anyone had any experience of having plans drawn up by an outfit called "Thai-Land-House"? They are a sort of online architect service. I've had some correspondence with them and they are very responsive, have up to date computer software for illustrative purposes and very competent English, so they can understand what I am talking about.

But before I commit with them, it would be good to know if anyone else has any experience with them.

I have no knowledge of "Thai-Land-House" so no comment on that front.

But I would advise you agree a very clear scope of work with them before proceeding. Some hints.

1. Site survey topographical and perimeter should be carried out.

2.There are three primary elements to a house design architectural, structural and building services. Do "Thai-Land-House" do all three?

3. Other design elements, interior, landscaping, home security.

4. Agreeing a concept before proceeding with detail construction drawing design.

5. Time scale.

6. Stage payments

7. Assistance in building permits and the like.

8. Preparation of BOQ for construction tender purposes.

Hope this helps.

My wife and I are planning to build a house on some land we/she owns in Issan. Has anyone had any experience of having plans drawn up by an outfit called "Thai-Land-House"? They are a sort of online architect service. I've had some correspondence with them and they are very responsive, have up to date computer software for illustrative purposes and very competent English, so they can understand what I am talking about.

But before I commit with them, it would be good to know if anyone else has any experience with them.

They have got a half decent website at www.thai-land-house.com

For what it's worth, great outfit.. They, (Thai-land-house) prepared the design and construction plans for me last year and I would recommend them without hesitation. They were courteous, professional and the overall cost was much less than what other Architects quoted me. Also, the finished plans were signed by the Structural Engineer that made the building permit process fast and painless.....I checked around for some time to find Architect's who do 3D and they were the only one 'I was able to communicate with successfully'