Temple Of Heaven hel_l

wileycoyote

Years agoe,we drove from Bangkok-Pattaya and stopped en roure before Sri Racha and a Thai Temple with extensive grounds.

There were lots of Chinese & Indian Gods & religious figures & a depiction of Heaven & hel_l.

Is it still there,what is its location ,hours of opening etc ?

Any Advice gratefully accepted

:o Wiley Coyote

• 7 months later...

It is somewhere around Bang Saen. I have a friend that lives there and he took my girlfriend and I. Don't know exactly where it is, only that is is in Bang Saen. It is pretty cool. We want to go back because we didn't have our camera when we went before.

Edited by rmicheald

I have found a site, The Electric Witch, which (after I had registered) told me that the place is called Wang Saen Suk hel_l Garden. It is described as being hidden down a quiet lane not far from Bang Saen. Apparently it was created about 20 years ago which would fit with my visit - and is still going strong with lots of gory stuff on display!

Maybe somebody around Bang Saen could point you in the right direction.

Anek Kusala Sala (Viharnra Sien) - Chinese temple, Pattaya

Opening hours: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm (weekdays) or 05:30 pm (Saturdays and Sundays)

Tickets: 50 THB (baht)

Tel: +66 3823 8367

Sukumvit Road heading towards Sattahip turn left at a sigh for Crystal ( I think) Lakes. There is also the worlds largest Buddha immage which was carved directly onto hillside by laser.

Google Chinese Temple Pattaya for more info

Opening hours: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm (weekdays) or 05:30 pm (Saturdays and Sundays)

Sukumvit Road heading towards Sattahip turn left at a sigh for Crystal ( I think) Lakes. There is also the worlds largest Buddha immage which was carved directly onto hillside by laser.

Mike - I don't think that is the place WC has in mind - though it and all the attractions around Wat Yan are well worth a visit. Indeed most people would probably find it a lot more wholesome than the place at Bang Saen - which I actually thought was a bit gory :o

Mike - I don't think that is the place WC has in mind - though it and all the attractions around Wat Yan are well worth a visit. Indeed most people would probably find it a lot more wholesome than the place at Bang Saen - which I actually thought was a bit gory :o

Bang Saen is way out to Chonburi, dont know of many temple attractions there, but this Chinese Temple could be described as in the direction of Bang Suay (right of Suk) but more nearer Ban Chang.

Edited by pattayamike

Years agoe,we drove from Bangkok-Pattaya and stopped en roure before Sri Racha and a Thai Temple with extensive grounds.

There were lots of Chinese & Indian Gods & religious figures & a depiction of Heaven & hel_l.

heaven and hel_l is in Ban Saen.

coming from Bangkok, turn right off Sukumvit in Ban Saen centre, opposite where you will see the big UBC/True main regional offices on your left.

follow the road and about 1km down, turn right at a major junction where there is a painted filter waiting area in the centre of the road, to turn right to the beach road.

go down that road, go past the university on the left, where there is an excellent aquarium.

past the police station on the left.

then look to the right side of the road, the temple is down a small soi

theres a small shop on the left side as you turn in.

theres no fancy temple archway, just a small sign.

its open every day 9am-6pm

coming from Bangkok, turn right off Sukumvit in Ban Saen centre, opposite where you will see the big UBC/True main regional offices on your left.

follow the road and about 1km down, turn right at a major junction where there is a painted filter waiting area in the centre of the road, to turn right to the beach road.

go down that road, go past the university on the left, where there is an excellent aquarium.

best directions ever posted to the internet. thanks!

We visited this place last weekend and it was well worth the short trip from Jomtien. Several beautiful temples and a cluster of whimsical "salas" around the lake. We paid no fees. On top of a hill, after climbing 200 steps (!) there is a shrine that contains imprints of the Buddha's feet, encased in gold. The view from there is magnificent. The mountain with the laser-etched Buddha is close by. Certainly an attraction I will show visitors in the future.

best directions ever posted to the internet. thanks!

Indeed, great instructions - though I think the small soi on the right leading to Wang Sen Suk is a couple of hundred metres before you come to the police station on the left. Maybe someone else could check that out. The small shop referred to, on the corner, and which you could look out for, is painted green and yellow and, I think, has a Thai Pepsi sign.